Day After

Peter and his Reluctant Wendy
Please log in to read the full chapter

Here's another chapter! And it's not months after the last one! Isn't that great? XD

 

 

 So, despite making the car ride awkward the ride itself was fine. There were no deer ramming into our car, dead rabbits, or drunk drivers. We arrived in one piece, and were just after Lay who had been driving Baekhyun, Sooyun, Luhan, Xiumin, and Kris. That meant that Chen’s car was going to arrive shortly after with Kai, Sehun, Suho, D.O, and Tao. ‘We could have taken someone in the car with us,’ I mumbled as I put my shoes away. Once again we were at Lay’s house, making our print on his living room.

 

 ‘It’s fine,’ Kris shrugged and dropped down onto the couch, I dropped down beside him and after a small pause Chanyeol took the spot beside me, thus filling the three person couch. Great, my awkwardness made him reluctant to sit with me, I thought with a frown.

 

 ‘So, what are we going to watch?’ Baekhyun sat down on the other couch with Sooyun. Lay had vanished into the kitchen, no doubt to get refreshments, and Luhan was looking at the tv screen intently from the spot he was standing. Xiumin had already sat down on the right of Baekhyun leaving only one spot left on the other couch.

 ‘Werewolf Boy!’ Sooyun smiled, and I in a breath.

 ‘That’s too sad, we could do Commitment instead. Or, the Man From Nowhere!’ I exclaimed, grinning.

 ‘Please,’ Kris scoffed and pushed my head lightly. ‘That’s no better.’

 ‘Fine,’ I sighed heavily before sinking deeper into the couch.

 ‘Maybe we should watch a variety show instead,’ Xiumin offered his opinion, quickly getting Chanyeol’s approval.

 ‘We could watch 20 Once Again,’ Luhan finally sat down beside Xiumin, leaving Lay and everyone else without seats.

 ‘Is that the Miss Granny remake?’

 ‘Yes, the Mandarin version,’ Luhan answered Xiumin’s question as Lay walked into the room, dumping the huge mess of blankets and pillows he had gotten. Which was odd considering I thought he as in the kitchen preparing food.

 ‘I like the Korean one, the other one can’t be bad either,’ I agreed with hesitation.

 ‘Or we could watch Saw.’

 ‘Or we could not,’ Lay sat down the huge pile of pillows. ‘We have some people who don’t like movies like that.’  Without warning Chen lunged on top of Lay and hugged him.

 ‘Gege!’ Chen cooed as the rest of the group came into the house. Lay laughed lightly, and whapped Chen on the head with little force. ‘Did you save me a place?’

 ‘Of course,’ with a smirk Lay pushed Chen off of his pile of pillows, and right into the couch by Xiumin’s feet. ‘You get to sit there.’ Chen scoffed before muttering something in chinese, resulting in Xiumin bumping his arm with his foot. Through the commotion Suho had slipped into the kitchen to get the food Lay was preparing earlier, and so Kris stood up and made his way to the kitchen to help. With a grin Tao took a place beside me.

 ‘So, you’re ready for a movie?’ I glanced at Chanyeol who still looked awkward. Before looking back at Tao who was waiting for my response.

 ‘Of course! I’m prepared for whatever gets chosen!’ I smiled at him and shifted on the couch, suddenly aware of the body heat that was coming from Chanyeol.

 ‘We have chosen a movie!’ Kai waved a dvd in the air, not showing the side of it that had the name.

 ‘What is it?’ Sehun waved his pillow in the air with a grin before he sat down at Luhan’s feet. He knew perfectly well what the movie was, he and Kai had spent their time looking at Lay’s movies and giggling before they chose it.

 Within moments of their declaration Kris and Suho came out with bowls of popcorn, chips, candy, and D.O came trailing out with cans of pop. ‘Yah!’ Kris pointed at Tao, a frown implanted on his lips. ‘That’s my seat!’

 ‘Oh well,’ Tao grinned and snuggled into his section of the couch. Kai, who was laughing at the look Kris shot Tao, threw a box of kleenex at Tao, Xiumin, and D.O who had just finished bringing in some comfy seats from Lay’s room with Baekhyun’s help. Because his girlfriend was keeping his spot safe, Baekhyun easily sat down next to Sooyun as D.O claimed one of the seat’s he had brought down. Kris and Suho instantly claimed the others.

 ‘What is this for?’ Xiumin turned it in his hands with the frown.

 ‘Your tears,’ Kai flashed him a grin before turning the tv on. He made sure to block out vision as he set it all up.

 ‘You’re doing closed captioning, right?’ I tried to look at the tv when he set it up. He sighed heavily and shot me a look before grinning, showing that he was joking.

 ‘Of course, we have to make sure gramps knows what’s going on,’ with another laugh he dropped onto his spot on the floor, smiling at Suho as he leaned against said person’s legs instead of laying on the ground. Suho just shook his head with a small smile, looking amused at Kai’s insinuations. Baekhyun reached behind him and turned the lights out as the movie started.

 ‘Popcorn,’ Tao grasped one of the bowls and handed it to me so he and Chanyeol could it from it as well, then grabbed two pops and a bottle. He handed Chanyeol one pop, kept one for himself, and handed me the bottle.

 ‘What is this?’ I whispered, failing to read the label in the dark room.

 ‘Quiet! The movies started!’ Chen hissed from his spot, I stuck my tongue out at him before looking at the screen as the movie started up. As soon as the opening scene came on I whimpered. There was a reason why Kai and Sehun handed out the kleenex, they had put on Miracle in Cell 7.

 

 Halfway through the movie I was already tearing up. I had completely pulled my legs onto the couch and was cuddled into the middle, I had long since stopped trying to avoid all physical contact. Tao had his arm behind me, resting on the back of the couch, and was slouched right into his corner. Chanyeol was slouched as well, his long legs were spread and his thighs were pressed against mine. Really, all of ours were touching. Neither of them seemed to understand the concept of personal space, but really I was so emotional from the movie that I was happy for human contact. Though, granted, I was more pressed into Tao because every time I looked at Chanyeol I got far too nervous and his body heat certainly didn’t help any.

 We weren’t the only one’s that were close, Lay was sprawled on the floor, and D.O was right beside him, though while D.O was wide awake watching the movie, I could swear Lay was sleeping. Near them Sehun and Chen were still up against Luhan and Xiumin, but Chen also seemed to be using Sehun for body rest, who didn’t care and was holding a pillow in his lap. Baekhyun and Sooyun were obviously close and were whispering every once and awhile, whereas Xiumin was slouched into the couch with a pillow hugged to his chest as well, and Luhan was resting his arm on Xiumin’s leg, staring intently at the screen.

 ‘This is so sad,’ I whispered as Tao pulled a kleenex out of the box. Wordlessly he handed it to me before pulling one out for himself. He delicately wiped his tears, keeping his eyes fixed on the screen.

 ‘It’s not too bad,’ Chanyeol whispered, he tugged on the chip bag he was eating from. I scowled at him as he tilted his head back as he dumped the last of the bag into his mouth. Huffing I elbowed him instinctually.

 ‘Keep quiet,’ I leaned towards him as I hissed that. I felt my eyes burn as I listened to the officers say that they knew her father was innocent, but they had to blame someone because the victim was the police commissioner's daughter.

 ‘That’s rude,’ he whispered back. He went silent before leaning closer so he could talk quieter, ‘did you really like our dance.’

 ‘Of course,’ I leaned my head back against the couch, then rested my cheek against it as I looked at him. ‘I wouldn't have said I did if I didn’t.’ He stared at me and I bit my lip before shooting him a thin smile, ‘okay, yeah, that’s a lie. I would have. But I really did like it.’

 His lips quirked into an amused smile, clearly he had anticipated my reaction. ‘Good, we worked hard on it.’

 ‘You guys really made the whole thing?’

 ‘Yup!’ Chanyeol grinned, shifting so his body was facing me more, rather than the center of the room. ‘I helped with the composing, mainly, Lay helped me with it as well.’

 ‘I see,’ I shifted in my seat looking back at the screen before yawning. ‘It’s been a long night,’ I whispered as I took a piece of popcorn from the nearly empty bowl that was nestled in my lap. We went silent for a moment, ‘I’m glad you guys won. I’m proud of you.’ I watched as his lips twitched before his lips pulled into an authentic smile. He turned his head so he was looking at me, I could see his brown eyes lighting up with the colouring of the tv.

 ‘Thanks,’ it looked like he was going to say something else, instead he moved his hand from his lap and lightly patted my knee before looking at the tv. I felt my eyebrows drop as I stared at him with disbelief. What kind of a move was that? With another yawn I looked back at the tv screen. Sometimes I wondered about him. ‘Neh,’ I looked back at him as he leaned towards me again.

 ‘Yeah?’

 ‘If you feel tired, you can sleep on me again,’ scoffing I looked away from him, ignoring how his charming grin made my heart flutter. Again, because I wasn’t embarrassed enough for falling asleep on his shoulder the first time I talked to him in the school bus. Yeah, I wasn’t going to fall asleep on him, not going to happen.


 

 ‘Today’s going to be weird,’ I pulled my hair up into a ponytail and clipped it with a cute little hairclip Sooyun had gotten me. ‘After the boys did that competition, I have no doubt the girls at school are going to like them even more.’ I looked into my reflection in the mirror that was hung up in the entrance way. With a sigh I took out the ponytail, then re-clipped the hair clip. It was cute, it was a dusty green flower, and was made of cloth. There was a little bit of shiny beading in the middle, but other than that it wasn’t too showy, it was just the way I liked my things.

 ‘So you’re competing with them?’ Sooyun walked up behind me, her smile was clear in the mirror.

 ‘Competing?’ Frowning I turned my head to look at her, ‘what do you mean?’

 ‘You’re trying to look nice for him, that’s cute, really, it is,’ Sooyun walked by me, taking her shoes out of the closet, delicately putting away the freshners before she put the shoes on.

 ‘Who?’ I looked back at the mirror, my eyes caught my nose that was wrinkled up in confusion. ‘Ah, whatever,’ sighing I grabbed my shoes as well, putting away the freshners. ‘I’m not trying to look cute for anyone.’ I tugged on my shoes, then followed her out of the house. Sooyun just smiled, as if she knew something I didn’t, then started walking down the street. My cheeks flushed instantly, I wasn’t oblivious I knew what she was implying, but seriously, ‘I don’t even like him!’

 ‘Like who?’ Sooyun adjusted her backpack as I stepped in line with her.

 ‘Whoever you’re thinking of,’ I waved my hand in the air dismissively. I knew that if I named anyone that she would instantly accuse me of liking said person, because I said their name specifically, I wasn’t going to fall for that trap.

Please log in to read the full chapter