New Students

Peter and his Reluctant Wendy
Please log in to read the full chapter

 ‘Omigosh, omigosh, no don’t do it, don’t do it!’ I shrieked as I watched the person walk around the house. I jumped as Tao shuffled beside me, ‘don’t do that,’ I whispered and he groaned.

 ‘I can’t believe they tricked me,’ Tao moaned for the hundredth time.

 ‘I told you to say no,’ I shot back and he huffed, I didn’t even bother to look at him I knew he was pouting, no need to check. And well because the room was pitch black and if there is anything scarier than looking at your friends face in the dark, it’s looking at their face while watching a horror movie in the dark.  

 ‘I know, I should have listened.’

 ‘Be quiet over there!’ Chen snapped completely absorbed in the movie. I whimpered as I covered my eyes. I could feel my stomach churning, I hate horror movies, in fact this was the first one I had ever seen. And this was my first time watching it….I’ve always been sensitive to the supernatural, I don’t believe in ghosts at all, however I was confident that magic and demons existed, which made horror that much more scary for me.

 ‘Tao,’ I squeaked and I grabbed his arm as I heard a thump from behind us.

 ‘Jaehwa~’ he responded as he snuggled in closer. Normally I would push him away or move over but my fear quickly accepted Tao’s skinship obsession. I looked at the screen only to see a person get flung across the room. I immediately screamed and buried my head into Tao’s chest as he glomped me as if any space between us would be overcome by a demon. I could hear Sooyun giggling from the other couch, despite being so cutesy she had an ardent love for horror movies and the supernatural.  I could feel myself shaking as I hesitantly turned my head to look at the screen. ‘Don’t do it,’ Tao hissed his voice shaking in fear.

 ‘Nothing’s happening right now Jaehwa, don’t worry about it,’ Lay piped up and I relaxed.

 ‘Okay,’ I looked at the screen as one of the characters got pulled into the air. I squeaked as Tao covered my eyes. ‘You lied to me Yixing!’ I frowned as I vaguely heard his laughter over the characters screams.

 ‘Don’t look, never look,’ Tao whispered before he whimpered as I heard a sickening crunch.

 ‘What the hell is happening,’ I questioned not bothering to check.

 ‘I don’t know,’ I felt him move, probably looking at the screen. He emitted a girly shriek before I felt him bury his head in my neck. ‘Don’t look, don’t look.’ He repeated to himself as a mantra to try and calm himself.

 ‘M-maybe we should sneak out,’ I whispered.

 ‘Okay,’ he responded immediately, we both got up and ran out of the room. I practically flung the closet door open and yanked my shoes on as I bolted out of the house. Tao slammed the door closed behind him when he got out and we both panted as we leaned against the side of the house.

 ‘Never, never again,’ I hissed as I tried to steady my shaking body. I glanced over at Tao and snorted. ‘You look like you saw a ghost,’ I muttered and he blinked as he processed my joke before he rolled his eyes.

 ‘Let’s just get as far away from the house as possible,’ he muttered as he grabbed my hand and hurried away. I would have made fun of his nervous shaking and his need for touch but I knew I was in the same boat as him. ‘I feel like it’s following us,’ he whispered and I stiffened stepping closer to him.

 ‘What do you mean, it,’ I whispered back ignoring the tremble in my voice.

 ‘The presence,’ he choked out as he looked behind him.

 ‘Presence?’ I squeaked out waiting for him to start laughing saying he was joking. I clutched his arm when he only nodded slowly looking terrified himself.

 ‘Yeah,’ I gulped and shuddered, I thought I had felt a presence throughout the movie as well. I thought I was the only one. The sun was still shining brightly and the day was far from over but I was still terrified.

 ‘What if there is a demon following us?’ I whispered and Tao whined.

 ‘What if it rips us apart?’ He continued and I gulped.

 ‘Jaehwa-shii,’ I shrieked as I practically jumped into Tao’s arms.

 ‘The demon knows my name!’ I whimpered, I slowly looked over Tao’s shoulder when I heard laughing.

 ‘Demon? Since when am I a demon?’ I relaxed when I saw that it was only Chanyeol.

 ‘It’s only Chanyeol,’ I sighed with relief and Tao frowned as he looked at Chanyeol.

 ‘Maybe it’s only a disguise,’ Tao muttered.

 ‘Tao, this is Chanyeol-shii, Chanyeol-shii, this is my friend Tao. He just came from China,’ I introduced them. They bowed to each other and Chanyeol started grinning immediately.

 ‘So what’s this about demons?’ Chanyeol questioned and Tao and I shared a terrified look.

 ‘We only just escaped from a horror movie,’ I whispered still clutching onto Tao’s hand like it was my lifesource.

 ‘And we felt an evil presence,’ Tao finished. Chanyeol stared as he cleared his throat. His mouth started twitching and in a matter of seconds he was laughing. He threw his head back as he clapped his hands.

 ‘It’s not like demons exist,’ Chanyeol coughed as he tried to not laugh again. Tao and I both fixed angry glares at him and he cleared his throat. ‘Right well, to each their own.’ We stood there in silence before Chanyeol started smiling at Tao. ‘So, do you want to get your mind of off demons and maybe try some korean food?’

 ‘Sure,’ Tao nodded instantly warming up Chanyeol as soon as he heard “free food” the only thing Chanyeol had to say to get Tao to like him anymore would be “free gucci.”

 ‘There’s a really good stand just down the road,’ Chanyeol guided us down the road with a smile. ‘I don’t get how you two don’t like horror movies personally I love them.’

 ‘I heard every time you watch a horror movie,’ Tao gulped as he let go of my hand, instead he hugged me from behind. ‘A ghost starts stalking you,’ I could feel him shudder in fear, or maybe it was me shuddering I couldn’t tell, that new information creeped me out too much.

 ‘Well,’ I blinked in surprise as Chanyeol pulled Tao away from me and slung his arm around his shoulder. ‘Have no fear, Chanyeol the ghost tamer is here.’ He saluted Tao before issuing a large grin. I had never noticed it before but Chanyeol and Tao were practically the same height, Chanyeol was only a couple of centimeters taller. Then again I had never seen Tao in real life till today, and I hadn’t actually known Chanyeol till a couple of days ago.

 ‘Is that where we are going?’ I followed Tao’s gaze to a little stall on the side of the street we were walking on.

 ‘Yup!’ Chanyeol ruffled Tao’s hair before running to the stand. ‘Come on! You have to try it. it’s delicious!’ I ran after him frowning in annoyance at his long legs. He could run so much faster than I could, all because of his monstrous height. Well not monstrous, both of my brothers were actually taller than he was, both of them were around 6’2 and Chanyeol was definitely not that tall.

 ‘It smells good!’ Tao exclaimed happily as I grabbed a stick of odeng. I my lips smiling in agreement to Tao’s statement. I could smell the spice, and that enough was enough to make me relax.  ‘What is this?’ Tao questioned as he stared at the stick in my hand.

 ‘Odeng, it’s a fish cake skewer,’ Chanyeol answered before taking a bit of one of the fish cakes.

 ‘It’s really good,’ I exclaimed before putting it by his mouth. ‘Ahh,’ Tao grinned and opened his mouth and took a bite.

 ‘It’s delicious!’ He exclaimed before taking another bite.

 ‘Ge~ that’s my odeng!’ I huffed and he just grinned in response.

 ‘Jaehwa-shii,’ I turned to look at Chanyeol he grinned and held out his stick. ‘Take mine.’

 ‘I’ll just,’ I grabbed another stick and took a bite. ‘Grab a fresh one, don’t give up your own food. I’ll pay for this one.’

 ‘I thought I said I was buying food,’ Chanyeol took a bite out of his odeng, no you’re not buying me food because that’s what friends do and we’re not friends, we are comrades, or acquaintances.

 ‘Thank you hyung!’ Tao grinned and I looked at him in shock, despite my hesitance to consider Chanyeol a friend, Tao had already decided he was like his older brother. And they barely even knew each other.

 ‘T-Tao ge! You barely even know him! You can’t just call him hyung!’

 ‘What am I a him now? You’re not even going to call me by my name?’ Chanyeol questioned before smiling at Tao. ‘Besides I’m okay with him calling me hyung.’ I blinked and looked at them in surprise, how could they become friends so quickly! ‘It’s about time you started calling me oppa isn’t it Jaehwa?’ He questioned and I gaped at him before taking a bite of odeng.

 ‘No, no it’s not we haven’t known each other for longer than a week,’ I took a bite of odeng. ‘Well we should be heading back now, the movie is probably over.’

 ‘I’ll walk you guys back to the house then, where are you guys heading to?’ Chanyeol asked and I shook my head.

 ‘No!’ I shook my head and gave him so money for the food. ‘It’s okay, it’s not far, besides Tao is a master at wushu we’ll be fine, thank you!’ I said quickly, as I pulled Tao away before he could say anything, I knew Tao would agree and I didn’t want that. ‘Bye Chanyeol-shii, thank you for the food!’ I glanced behind and

Please log in to read the full chapter