Progress?

Peter and his Reluctant Wendy
Please log in to read the full chapter

IMPORTANT A/N: I have made some changes to the story, so to honour the korean school system that I blatantly ignored, the students will all have their permanent rooms. So Chanyeol, Sooyun, Baekhyun, Kris, Tao, Jaehwa, and Luhan will have every single class together. Also a few small things have ben added throughout the chapters as I edited them. Some chapters have been conjoined as well, I'm trying to have each chapter around 5,000 words so the updates will be longer. The new chapter has quite a bit of fluff I think, I hope you enjoy it! 

 ‘You’re ignoring me.’

 ‘I am not,’ I huffed blowing my bangs out of my face as I rubbed a stain that wouldn’t come off of the window.

 ‘Yes you are,’ I could see Chanyeol’s reflection through the glass as he walked up behind me. ‘You haven’t texted me.’

 ‘Do I have your number?’ To be honest I didn’t but I did have his skype so I could have easily used it to message him but I didn’t want to. I dipped my cloth into the soapy water again and scrubbed as hard as I could. I wiped the window again and smiled at the clean window, I had finally gotten rid of the stain.

 ‘Yes, you do,’ I could hear the low tone in his voice, he was not impressed. ‘What’s wrong? What did I do?’

 ‘Nothing!’ I moved to the next window and started rubbing at it. Glancing at his image through the window again, his lips were twisted downwards in disappointment.

 ‘Did I do something inappropriate the other night?’ I froze and wrinkled my nose as the dream came back to me. I knew full well he meant the party, but he had no idea he had just hit the nail on the head. Granted he didn’t exactly do the act, the dream him did. But really it’s the fact that I was attached enough to him that I felt ill after the dream that was throwing me off so much.

 ‘No,’ I started rubbing the window with a renewed vigour.

 ‘So I did do something,’ I sighed and looked back at Chanyeol. He was sitting on a desk, his fingers were grasping the edges as he stared at me with his fine eyebrows scrunched together. ‘Was it because I took you away?’

 I groaned and lowered my head, staring down at the window sill. Without him even knowing it he was describing my dream. I knew he was talking about away from the party but it just brought memories of him dragging me out of the tent. ‘No, it’s not,’ I could hear the strain in my voice as my arm started feeling sore, the illusion of his tight grip was still fresh in my mind.

 ‘I saw that,’ I could see him leaning towards me through the window, his expression was only getting more serious. ‘Just tell me so I can fix it, please?’

 ‘You’re acting like we are in a relationship,’ I dropped the cloth on the sill and turned to face him.  

 ‘I thought we were,’ he broke out into a goofy smile that slowly dropped as I stared at him blankly. ‘Okay,’ he cleared his throat and nodded, ‘not so funny.’ He paused and pushed himself off the desk. ‘But,’ he raised a finger as he grabbed his cloth off another table. ‘I do care, about you and me.’ He pointed to me then himself, ‘so I want to clear up whatever is off between us.’ I watched as Chanyeol started wiping the top of the desk to clean it.

 ‘Look, it’s nothing you did, okay? I just don’t feel well today.’ I turned back to the window and grabbed my cloth, putting it away in the correct place.

 ‘You know what?’ I sighed and crouched on the ground, checking to see if there was gum on the bottom of any desks.

 ‘What?’ I pushed myself off the ground and grabbed one of the scrappers, heading to one of the back desks.

 ‘I still don’t believe you.’

 ‘Interesting, boyo, very interesting,’ I vaguely recognized the irish slang word I had thrown in as I knelt onto the ground and started scraping dried gum off of the bottom of the desk.

 ‘So you’re going to continue ignoring the problem and not fix it?’ I exerted too much force on the gum, causing it to fall off and my arm to almost fling forwards into the top of the desk.

 ‘Ignore,’ I tilted my head under the table to frown at him. ‘I’m not ignoring anything. Look, Chanyeol-shii. You did nothing,’ in reality. In dream world however, my thoughts trailed off as I put the piece of chewed gum in the trash.

 I turned to get out from under the desk and froze, my eyes going wide as I stared at Chanyeol, who was literally right in front of me, his nose was nearly touching mine as he watched my reaction. ‘Was it a dream or something?’ He leaned closer, his brown eyes were sparked with his strange knowledge.

 ‘You wish,’ I scoffed and crawled away from him, out from under the desk at the side.

 ‘You know sometimes my dad would have a dream and he would wake up really out of it. He knew it never happened but he still felt really upset about it. I remember he was really angry with my mom for awhile even though she did nothing.’ I pushed myself off the ground and stared at Chanyeol who had sat on top of the desk I was just under.

 ‘Alright!’ I sighed and grabbed the trash can and stared at him. ‘I had a dream, okay?’

 ‘What happened?’ I put the garbage can down and pushed myself onto the desk in front of him.

 ‘You really want to know?’

 ‘Yes,’ he smiled, his long legs swinging as he waited for me to tell my story.

 ‘I was camping, something happened I didn’t like it then I woke up. That’s it,’ I smiled at him before pushing myself off of the desk and heading to the board.

 ‘Good story, not a lot of description though, it’s kind of vague.’ I turned to look at Chanyeol, whose eyebrows were quirked good naturedly, matching perfectly with his cheesy grin.

 ‘It’s supposed to be vague, that’s the beauty of it.’ I started wiping down the boards, getting them clean.

 ‘Did it have to do with you being late?’ He took up the spot next to me as he wiped the board.

 ‘No, that was Minseok-oppa,’ I brushed my hair out of eyes and sighed as I looked longingly at the desks. I could feel my eyes dropping with the weight that came with lack of sleep.

 ‘How is it his fault?’

 ‘He was supposed to wake me up and he forgot to,’ I smothered a yawn and laid my forehead against the cool blackboard.

 I glanced at Chanyeol as I heard his breathy chuckle, ‘just sleep.’

 ‘What?’

 ‘There is still thirty minutes left of detention and we are almost done, just sleep. I’ll finish,’ I frowned and shook my head at him.

 ‘No, I’ll help.’

 ‘Sleep,’ he lightly grabbed my arm in the same spot he did in the dream. ‘You’re tired.’

 ‘Alright, because that makes sense, I sleep while you work,’ I sat down and watched as he nodded, a pleased smile on his face.

 ‘Maybe you’ll dream of me,’ I rolled my eyes and rested my chin on my palm as I watched him wash the board.

 ‘Too late,’ I muttered as I closed my eyes.

 ‘You’ve already dreamt of me?’ I scrunched my nose as I resisted the urge to sigh, he sounded far too excited.

 ‘And Tao, and Baekhyun, and Sooyun, it’s really nothing special.’ I opened an eye and looked at him. He had a large ecstatic grin splayed across his face as he watched me with his all knowing brown eyes.

 ‘Was it a good dream?’

 ‘I thought we already went over this,’ I closed my eye and covered my mouth as I yawned.

 ‘I knew it, you had a bad dream where I did something stupid, didn’t you?’ He tapped the desk top right beside my head rhythmically, that same strange tune he has been doing for awhile.

 ‘Fine, yes, it wasn’t the best of dreams, and you were in it.’ I lifted my head and leaned back in my desk, folding my arms against my chest.

 ‘What happened?’

 ‘Does it matter?’ I raised an eyebrow at him, his lips pulled up into a small smirk as his eyebrow curled perfectly into a mimicry of mine.

 ‘I think it does,’ he nodded, his smirk growing as I promptly huffed and frowned at him.

 ‘Fine, I stated some things, you disagreed so Tao and you decided to ignore me. What else am I meant to say?’

 ‘I ignored you?’ He frowned and dropped down onto the seat next to me. ‘I would never ignore you.’

 ‘I am well aware,’ I rubbed my fingers against each other as I stared at the clean board. But would you act so viciously against me because I disagreed with you? Biting my cheek I sighed quietly, I had heard that when people become friends with someone, they tend to attract the kind of people their parents were and I didn’t want to attract anyone like my father. I didn’t want Chanyeol to end up being the kind of person who would isolate me for my beliefs, or act physical simply because I stepped out of their imagined contract, their unspoken rules.

 ‘Let’s go,’ he abruptly stood up, his chair screeching against the floor as he did.

 ‘Go?’ I looked up at him, my eyebrows furrowing together as I stared at him. He had just finished saying we had thirty minutes left and now he’s saying we should go?

 ‘Yeah, let’s go out, you brought my notebook, didn’t you?’

 ‘I did,’ I breathed out slowly and lightly brushed my fingers against the slick desktop before I pressed my palm against it, pushing myself up. ‘Doesn’t the teacher Oh need to dismiss us?’

 ‘Nah, we can go after an hour,’ he shrugged his backpack on and pulled out his phone, sliding his fingers across the screen as he texted someone. ‘Do you need money for a ticket?’

 ‘Ticket?’

 ‘Yeah, we’re catching the bus.’

 ‘I have money,’ I grabbed my bag and put it on, after school had ended Sooyun took my backpack with her and left my normal bag. Thankfully I had remembered to pack in the necessities before she took off. ‘I’m guessing you’re the reason why she told me to prepare to go out after?’ I rolled up the sleeves of my dress top and loosened the tie as we walked out the door.

 ‘Yup!’ Chanyeol brushed his bangs out of his eyes, not changing his uniform one bit. ‘Come on, we need to hurry or we will miss the bus.’ Without warning he grabbed my hand, entwining our fingers before charging towards the door. My eyes widened as I ran to match his pace, my skirt was riding up and I pressed my free palm against it, keeping it down.

 ‘Slow down! My sk

Please log in to read the full chapter