Competition

You Again?

 

     "Ughhhh It's confusing!" Min Ho groaned in frustration. 

      Woo Bin didn't say anything as he stared at the paled face Min Ho. 

     "It was supposed to be a closure! I thought that's all I needed to move on! But it didn't work.. It only made it worst.." He said weakly, closing his eyes. He was having a terrible headache. It was so bad that he could barely open his eyes. 

      "Let me guess. She ignores you now, doesn't she?" Woo Bin asked, in a more of a matter of a fact statement. 

      "It's like we're strangers. I swear, the way she kissed me.. It's just so complicated. It didn't seem like a kiss that was for a closure. Ughh What is she doing to me? I'm just loosing my mind.." He buried his face into his hand. 

      Hesitantly, Woo Bin leaned in closer in front of the coffee table as he spoke low. "Are you thinking of Choco again?" 

     At that, Min Ho immediately opened his eyes. "What about her?" 

     "Ever since she got lost 1 month ago, I feel like you've been acting even stranger.." 

     He looked down as he kept quiet. It was true. Loosing Choco was destroying him as well. It was enough to make him talk to a pillow instead. 

     "Are you afraid that she'll find out that you have lost Choco?" Woo Bin asked carefully. 

    Min Ho felt himself burn in anger. He and Shin Hye had bought Choco 10 years ago on their 3rd anniversary. Choco was brown and little. She was really cute too. Since she was the color of chocolate, they named her Choco for short. She was like their symbol of love for each other. When Shin Hye left him on the day after he proposed her, Choco became his everything. The person he talked to, the person he relayed on.. But then, she got lost 1 month ago. He came home and she just wasn't there anymore. They were searching for her everywhere but there was no news. 

        If Shin Hye cared, then she wouldn't have left her to him in the first place. She had no right to get mad.

      "I don't care. Choco is MINE. I don't see how Shin Hye should care about a pet she abandoned 10 years ago." He replied sternly.  

     "What about the project? You guys have to partner up. This is the big goal for you; the next project to be the CEO. What if you're forced to compete with her? Can you make it?" Woo Bin asked curiously.

      "I've worked 10 years for this. I'm not going to loose it because of some pathetic, sad love story." He said bitterly. He wasn't going to. 

                      ************

       Walking to the conference room, he put on a fake smile. 

     "Hyung! Finally!" Yonghwa exclaimed.

     "Sorry. Had a personal meeting to take care of." 

      Hearing 'personal meeting', her mind immediately went searching. Who could be that important for him to skip a meeting? Then, she laughed at herself. Why would she care anyways? He has been ignoring her ever since that day. He had just probably moved on. She wasn't going to get stuck in their past. 

      "Shin Hye ya, how have you been?" 

       She was interrupted from her thoughts by his overly happy and tender voice.

       "Good oppa! How about you?" She smiled a fake smile.

      "Great! I can't wait for our first meeting!" He exclaimed. "We're going to interduce you to everybody today so prepare for it." 

      She nodded. "Sure thing oppa." 

       The doors opened. "Let's go guys! We can do this!" Yonghwa exclaimed. It was their first meeting and they had to look natural. 

      Walking in, all three greeted the shareholders. Yonghwa interduced Shin Hye happily to the others as Min Ho followed after them, trying to tell himself that Yonghwa's only intention was to help Shin Hye fit in and nothing more. He could tell that the shareholders already liked Shin Hye. She was beautiful inside and out, talented, and wise. Who couldn't fall in love with her?

        He slapped himself mentally for thinking such thoughts as he sat down with the rest on the head table. He had the highest position in that room. 

     "Since we got our much needed third manager, now we can formally respond to this big project. This set of skyscrapers that are being built can promote our reputation in a whole new level. We already are a big company; we can expand even more."

      Whispers of approval were hummed among the shareholders as Min Ho finished his sentence. 

       "Since the CEO will be in Japan for a few months, I'll try to direct accordingly. I'll be partly a manager in this project too. This is the last meeting to finalize our decision. Does everybody agree with this? If not, raise your hand please." 

       Shin Hye looked around the room as everybody kept their hands down. She could already tell that Min Ho had a big effect on them as the next CEO. 

      "Great then. Manager Park, please prepare some information on our partner's financial currency. Manager Jung, please prepare the proposal." 

     Both managers bowed. 

     "The meeting is adjourned. Thank you for your cooperation." Min Ho announced as he got up, shaking hands. 

      As the shareholders walked out, Min Ho couldn't help but notice all the conversations about Shin Hye. 

    "She is great! So talented!"

     "Such talented manager! She has only been here for a week and she's already all over the place!"

     "She seems like a good competition for manager Lee."

     The last one got him wondering as he said his goodbyes and went to his room.

     "A competition, huh?" He whispered to himself. It had been the first meeting and this was the result. What would happen in the 4 months of their project?

     He was interrupted by the sound of the door. 

     "Come in." 

     Jae Hyeong bowed as he came in. "One of the shareholders wants to talk to you."

    He was surprised. This was unusual. "Let him come in." 

    The old man walked in as Jae Hyeong closed the door behind them. After bowing, Min Ho signaled him to sit down on the couch.

     "What brings you here sir?" He asked politely.

    The old man looked up. "Manager Lee, you very well know that I support you for your hard work for this company. After 10 years, a meeting was enough to shake half of the shareholders. What are you going to do?"

     Min Ho shifted in his sit as he looked at the old man in front of him. "What do you mean?"

     "Manager Park, she's a big threat to you. I want you to watch your back. You never know when she might snatch that opportunity away from your hands."

      "What do you want me to do?" Min Ho asked carefully.

      "It might sound evil and unfair but that's how a business man works. If she keeps on becoming a burden, then you have to remove her before the CEO comes."

     Min Ho felt his throat get dry.

     "You see, it's not everyday when a manager comes and gets all people talk about her in one day. We're not sure about her abilities right now, but if you want to keep your position, you better at least watch her manager Lee."

       "But she wouldn't!" He finally spoke. 

        "Maybe she wouldn't, but the shareholders would if they feel like it." With that, the man bowed and walked out. 

       Min Ho sat still. Part of him told him that the old man was right.. But was he a person to do such thing??

                     ***************

Should I Fluffy? 

 Should I not Fluffy?

 I shouldn't, I should. I shouldn't, I should. I shouldn't, I should. I shouldn't, I should.

*sigh* 

This isn't getting any easier.