A Business Deal

You Again?

        The attempts to hide her shaking hands went unnoticed by the staff as she ignored Min Ho's calls. Her head was spinning. Everything was happening so fast and she couldn't bother Min Ho with her own career. 

      Earlier that day, she and Min Ho had planned to eat outside. She felt bad for ditching him like that. He had to be furious. 

       A call was all it had took. The CEO was back unexpactantly and she reckoned that Min Ho knew nothing of it. He had asked her to with his cold voice to come alone and unnoticed. This worried and confused her really. Even though this Mr.Yoon was the CEO, she didn't think that he would want to meet his new employee like this. 

      "Alone" and "Unnoticed" meant no call and messaging Min Ho for now. She hoped that he will understand when the time comes. 

      "Miss.Park?" 

       She jumped up by hearing the cold voice. Dressing formally, the old man couldn't be more than 50 years old. Narrowing his eyes at her, he coughed at her rudeness as she hurriedly bowed. 

     "Sir.." She replied nervously. 

      He only shook his head as he sat down. "You know Miss.Park, it's not a good thing to start a meeting with your new boss like this." He said coldly. "I'm afraid that our Vice President has been too kind to you lately."

      The way he said it, made her shiver. It was like he was saying something all indirectly. Then it hit her; Min Ho was the Vice President. 

    "Ani! No sir! That's not it!" She replied hurriedly. They had agreed to keep everything secret. He couldn't know! 

      The old man smirked in an evil way. "Your reaction shows something else." 

      Mentally slapping herself for being an idiot, she only looked down. She was afraid that if she talks, she gives more away. 

      The man sitting in front of her was hard to trust. They had only met for less than 5 minutes and he already was playing with her head. 

        "Do you know what being single in terms of relationships mean?" He asked her calmly. 

        She was confused but answered anyways. "It means having no partner whom you have feelings for.." 

        The unreadable old man nodded and smiled. "That's correct. According to you, you're single, aren't you?"   

        She looked at him wide eyed. His expression was all bussinsee like however, the look in his eyes was the look of remorse. As if waiting for her to say the wrong thing, he stared at her expectantly. 

     "I am single." She finally said, trying to appear as confident as she could. 

     "Does these pictures support your claim?" He smirked, giving her a packet. 

     With a sinking feeling inside, she slowly opened the packet as almost 100 pictures fell down. She gasped audibly when she recognized her face with Min Ho's on them. On one, they were smiling. On another, they were fooling around. They even were hugging on one. 

         "Those are interesting pictures but I believe none of them are as interesting as this one." He said sternly, holding a picture up. 

         She covered in shock upon seeing the cursed picture. There, was the two of them, making out on a park bench. It was from this weekend where Min Ho showed her where he used to take Choco at to play.

         "What is this?" She asked sternly. She felt violated. How can he let himself to disturbe the lives of herself and her boyfriend?

       "I'm trying to save my Vice President from falling down." He answered confidently. 

        "Falling down?" She asked confused. 

         The old man shook his head. "On Febuary 18th, one of the most important meetings of this company is coming up at New York. However, one of my most important and reliable men in this company has decided to cancel it and leave my side. What's interesting is that this man can be the future CEO and up until a month ago, he would do anything to go up there. What's even more interesting is that this date seems so familiar, doesn't it?" 

        She felt her mind go blank until it hit her; her birthday. 

       "I'm a business man and I make deals. For now, let's do this Miss.Park, let's make a deal."

        Her hand shook as she breathed unevenly. What was Min Ho thinking, running his future? Because of her! Because of stupid her who didn't deserve it! 

        "I strongly suggest that you agree because otherwise, well.. I have my own ways.." He added. 

        As she was about to answer, the sound of the vibrating phone interrupted them. She panicked, reaching for it immediately on the left side of the table but she was too late. 

       The man sneered at the phone. "Jerk? I guess your boyfriend is going mad. You better not let him wait any longer." 

                        *************

       He kicked the door in frustration. Where in the world was she? She didn't pick up her phone and there was no change of plans! What had happened to her? 

      His heart started to beat faster when he realized that she was walking to her apartment. She seemed to be in deep thoughts so she didn't see him standing in front of her door. 

     "Ya Park Shin Hye!" He exclaimed angrily. 

      She looked up scared and went white. "Oppa..." 

      "Where the heck were you? It's 10 PM and we were supposed to meet at 6! You drove me nuts!" He yelled uncontrollably. 

      It was something about his tone of voice or the fact that she knew how she had almost ruined him.. She didn't know but it rubbed her the wrong way. 

     "I'm sorry! You see, I didn't think I needed to explain! I couldn't contact you! There is no reason for you to yell like this!" She said harshly. 

       He stared at her, surprised and hurt. "Fine. I'm sorry for almost dying out of worry for the love of my life." He whispered. Then, he turned back and unlocked his own apartment and walked in, shutting the door harshly behind him. 

        She turned away and stared at her own door as she gripped her phone tight. The tears almost came immediately. She was being a b** and she knew it very well. 

       She ran to his door, knocking on it violently. She was scared. She was scared to loose him and having to break her promise of staying by his side until her last breath.

       Moments later, he opened the door quickly, wearing a worried expression. It was really unlike Shin Hye to act like this.

      She immediately jumped in his embrace, sobbing.

      "I'm sorry oppa! I'm so sorry!"

        He stood there shocked as she cried. "It's ok.." He whispered. He didn't know what was going on and it scared him to death. The last time, that's how it ended; she cried, she hid and she finally left, leaving no trace. 

       Was the same pattern happening again? 

                     ***************

He stared at her with curiousity.

she wouldn't say anything. It was driving him crazy. 

Her rosy face and parted lips that were buried in Fluffy's face showed no sign of comfort. 

 He finally sighed, giving up but before he could get up, the sound of the phone made him turn back.

She had a message. He didn't want to read and almost ignored it but something told him that it had to do with tonight's weird events. 

He didn't need to unlock her phone in order to see the message; the message was short enough to fit on the screen:

      It was nice doing business with you.