Building Walls

You Again?

        She stared and stared. So that was why he didn't answer her last night.. Her neighbor was Lee Min Ho, her ex-boyfriend. Who thought things can get this awkward??

        He fell for it. Yes, he did. She put the note on the door as she tiptoed to the left of his apartment door. He fell for it alright. Coming out, he looked out carefully as if not wanting to be caught but he did not look careful enough cause his crazy ex-girlfriend was almost stalking him with her wide eyes. He laughed at the note, shaking his head. That left her wondering. Did he thought she was crazy? Stupid? It drove her nuts. It has not been 10 days since she was back and she had already met him. How can she continue with her plan and act normal now??

       "Noona? Are you ok?"

        Yonghwa's voice shocked her as she turned around quick. "Yeah. I'm fine."

        He didn't look like he believed her though. "Is it because of Hyung?" He asked carefully, stopping at the traffic lights. 

      What was the point of lying to him? He had been the one who helped her out with her password last night. She didn't know why they got close-close enough to call each other Oppa and Noona- but he was friendly and helpful. He was everything that Min Ho wasn't right now. She nodded.

       "Don't worry. He'll get around. I'm sure that yesterday was an accident." He reassured her. 

      I wish. She thought. Too bad that it wasn't true. 

                        ***********

      Looking around the fancy restaurant, she sighed. It was past 8 and Min Ho was no where to be found. 

    "He'll come, I'm sure. He's not the type to ditch people like this." Yonghwa spoke as if reading her mind. 

     Trying to believe him, she slowly took a sip from her red wine. That was when she saw him coming. He was as simple as usual; his hair messy and his clothes fit and casual but something about his appearance struck her as handsome. That was because he was handsome.. Extra handsome even. 

     "Hyung! You got us worried!" Yonghwa said, getting up. 

      Looking at his watch, his hand went through his hair as he looked at them apologetically. "Sorry guys, traffic was a lot and I was informed late."

      "It's alright." Yonghwa smiled. Then to her, he looked at confused. "Noona? Aren't you greeting him?"

      Her cheeks went red at the realization that she had been staring and got up immediately. "I'm sorry! annyeonghaseyo!" She bowed. 

     Smiling softly, he nodded. "Are you doing ok?" 

     Her cheeks got even more red. "I..yeah. I'm fine." 

     Still smiling, he nodded as he sat next to her on the empty seat. "Have you guys ordered yet?" He asked happily. 

     "No actually! We were waiting for you. Shin Hye was specially hungry though. You owe one to her." Yonghwa finished proudly. At the mention of her, she fidgeted in her seat like a high schooler. "That wasn't neccassary.." She whispered embaressed. "See Hyung! Now you're making her embaressed. That's all because you were too tough on her this morning!" Yonghwa complained.

        He stared at her deeply. Though it was his plan to act all friendly tonight, he couldn't help but notice how she acted like a high schooler. It remainded him of 13 years ago, when they started dating. He never meant to hurt her; even though she destroyed his heart 3 years later. "I'm sorry." He said softly. 

       Taken by surprise, she looked up. "Ehh?"

       "I'm sorry if I was too tough on you this morning." He repeated. 

       Trying to cover her surprised face, she smiled. "It's ok Mr.Lee."

       "Mr.Lee? Come on now! You can call him oppa!" 

        "No. Th.." As she was about to protest, he nodded after Yonghwa. "Just call me oppa." He smiled. 

       The rest of the night passed like this; happy chatting and laugher. Min Ho was nothing like this morning and she almost sometimes would forget about their painful past. When it came to the time of going back home, all three seemed reluctant to go. 

       "Thanks for inviting me. It was good." Min Ho smiled. 

       "Hyung, why don't you and Shin Hye go together? You're neighbors plus the fact that you need to pay back for not answering last night." 

        It was Min Ho's turn to be shocked. He knew! She knew! How could they? She just came yesterday!

       Looking at Min Ho's confused face, Yonghwa explained. "You see, since you didn't answer, I ended up helping her. I was coming to see you but when I saw her helpless, I decided to help her instead. Ever wondered how we knew each other?" He chuckled. 

       Shin Hye who had also been standing there shocked looked at his face for any reactions. There was either none or he was good at hiding them. 

       "Alright then. Shin Hye ya, let's go." Sayin their good byes, he dragged her with him to his car.

        The ride though, was like nothing she expected. It was filled with an awkward silence that seem like couldn't be fixed. Stopping the car at the parking lot, he got out and opened the door for her. Then without talking, he dragged her with him. "What.." She began to say but he coverd   with his hand. "Stay put."

       When they got on their floor, he dragged her out and stopped in front of their apartments. Facing her, he looked mad and confused. "Oppa.."

       "That's Min Ho ssi to you. You know, I have no idea why but I have to have you back in MY life again after you threw me away like a trash. I'm telling you right now. Our past? Forget it. That stupid boy who fell in love with you? Forget it! Tonight, my apology and my friendliness? Forget it! You're not destroying my life again!" He hissed. 

       He had been too busy, almost yelling to realize the tears that were streaming down from her eyes. Pulling her hand away, she stared at him with hatred in her eyes. "You know what MIN HO SSI? Fine! If your plan is to act friendly in front of others then I'll do it! Just remember that I'm not a bit sorry for coming back to your life cause you can easily leave your job and house! I've worked hard for all of this and will still do without caring abit about your opinion and feelings! I'm going to be the b*** you think of me as!" She shouted back, now endless tears coming down. 

       She left him there standing with his mad face on. The reality? He wanted to cry as much as she was crying  right there and then.

                      ************

My heart feels like it's burning in fire

And Fluffy won't listen to me anymore

What am I going to do?

Was it wrong to protect myself?? *sigh*