Seeking For Attention

You Again?

      So far all he had done was staring at Fluffy, still in a shocked state. It had been so easy just to walk away and don't look back. This was unbearable. His mind was racing. Before begging Shin Hye to come back, he had to know everything. He didn't care about his career anymore. He had been a jerk and he was not afraid to admit it. 

          After dialing the number, he waited for him to pick up. 

          "Took you long enough." Yoon's amused voice came from the other side. 

         "Why?" He simply asked, his voice frustrated. 

        "See me at 8." Yoon hung up. 

                      **********

              The person you're trying to reach..

              Min Ho hung up as he cursed under his breath. She wouldn't answer him no matter what. He looked at the time and Yoon still wasn't there. He felt his mind explode. This was too much. As he buried his face into his hands, Shin Won's voice startled him. 

           "Waiting for someone?"

            He looked at him confused. "Hyung.. What are you doing here?"

          Shin Won chuckled and sat down. "Well.. I thought you wanted to meet me?"

         Min Ho was still confused. "I don't understand?"

        Shin Won poured a glass of wine for Min Ho. "Here. I see that you really need some drinking."

        Min Ho slowly took the glass and put it down. He was beginning to get this bad feeling.  

        "What is this about Hyung?" He asked impatiently.

        "Well, I'm here to explain why I made Shin Hye dump you like you wanted to know!"

        Min Ho stared at him in aw. He what? "You..??" He mastered to mutter.

       Shin Won only laughed at his confused state and shook his head. "I just basically said that it's my fault that she dumped you."

      When Min Ho didn't respond, Shin Won put the glass down and stared at him with a serious expression.

       "You're confused right? That's how I've been feeling ever since you entered my life. I've been always overlooked because of you and Shin Hye. First it was her then you came along. Nobody ever praised me for my music skills because I wasn't smart enough to go to Harvard or get hired into a big company. Well guess what? I was smart! I just didn't like that sort of things! Nobody ever cared and one day, I promised myself that I will prove to everyone that I'm better than the two of you." 

          Min Ho who had been listening with a hardened expression all along felt the glass of wine break under his pressured touch.    

        "So you ruined our lives because you wanted attention?? Isn't that just too childish you bastard?" Min Ho said with a dangerously low tone as blood dripped from the broken pieces, 

        "You two ruined mine so it's a payback. And trust me, it's the beginning."

      "Not only have you ruined her life, you've ruined Shin Hye's dream! Do you realize what will happen if they find out about me and her?" Min Ho shouted with anger.      

      "Do you know that you two also ruined my dream? When she left for Havard, I got an amazing offer from a music company; an offer that could have made me all famous! Do you know what my parents said?? They told me to grow up and try to learn from Shin Hye and you! They rubbed the fact that you two got to two amazing universities at my face! Mine got ruined and the two of you will pay." 

      Min Ho felt his eyes burn in anger. "Does she know?" 

        "Go and try to tell her. Let's see if she even cares for you. I can promise you that in this very moment, she's probably back at her usual routine." Shin Won smirked. 

     Min Ho got up with anger and stared at him with hatred in his eyes. "I'll prove it to you." Leaving a bill behind for the mess he had made, he walked out as blood flowed from his hand, leaving his white shirt all bloody. 

       "Yonghwa, he's coming. That's your cue." 

                        ***********

          He paced back and forth in her room with deep thoughts. Shin Hye was going to listen. Of course she was going to. There was no reason for her not to when it wasn't his fault. 

       Tired of pacing back and forth, he sat next to her desk. Why was she so late? She should be here by now! As he was looking around, his eyes caught a red folder on her desk. At first, he just passed it but then looked back at it again. The folder looked awfully like the one he was missing. 

        His curiousity got the best of him and he slowly opened it, his eyes widening at the sight. He had been right; Shin Hye had took the contract with her. But why? Is there any other reason except wanting to take him down??

          It was too much to think about and his heart was drown in pain even more when he saw her, walking in with Yonghwa. She was laughing like nothing had happened and suddenly what that shareholder had said that day after the meeting came back to his mind immediately. 

        When their eyes met, Min Ho only stared at her absently and then walked out, leaving the cursed folder behind. 

        If  she wants to take me down, then so be it. 

                           **********

Shin Hye felt the tears rising when he walked out. She knew that now he thought that she was having fun with Yonghwa the day after their breakup. His shirt had been all bloody too. What was going on? Was he ok? 

Yonghwa was only trying to make her feel better. It was nothing more. 

Walking to her desk, she picked up the bloody folder he had left behind. When she opened it, she almost dropped it. 

It was Min Ho's contact.