Our Space

You Again?

 

       His steps couldn't be faster. He wanted to go faster. He wanted to get to her as fast as he could, but his heart wouldn't let him. Something told him that he shouldn't go; that the things she wants to say, it's better for him not to hear them. Each step he took gave him a heavier feeling as he finally approached her outside. 

         She was standing there alone, her face hard as a stone. Aside from the fact that his surprise for her was ruined, that face gave him even a more strange feeling. 

         When she saw him standing there, her heart skipped a beat. He looked frustrated and confused. That when all of it sinked in; she was actually going to do this; not thinking about doing it or imagining that she's doing it. No. She was here, trying to actually do this to the love of her life... The one that was supposed to trust her.. And betrayed HER trust instead. 

            For some reason, his breathing got heavier as well when he walked to her. When she set her eyes on him, he felt chills running down his back. Her eyes were cold and like a bunch of daggers. He opened his mouth to speak but changed his mind and closed it instead. He wanted her to speak first. In this situation, he felt like the littlest word can count against him. 

            "So you had planned a surprise birthday party for me, right?" She finally broke the deadly silence as the cold breeze hit them, making him shudder even more. He couldn't tell which one was colder; the breeze or her voice. 

            He stared at her and for some reason, he had suddenly lost the ability to speak. What kind of question was that? Of course he had! Did she even knew that she had ruined it? 

          She sneered. "You know what makes me sick? The fact that you would go through all that to surprise a girlfriend you don't trust!" 

         He finally felt the block on his tongue broken as he replied confused. "The girlfriend I don't trust? What in the world are you talking about?" Something about her tone rubbed him the wrong way. Did she knew how much time he had put aside for this? Did she knew how many guests were waiting for HER inside?? 

           She scowled. "What am I talking about? I'm talking about the fact that there has been a tracker on my phone all along without me knowing!!" She shouted. 

           He felt like somebody just threw a bucket of cold water on his face as he went lightheaded. The tracker.. Shoot.

           She smiled sadly. "What happened Lee Min Ho? You don't have an answer now??" 

         He sighed and looked away as he shook his head. 

        "What is it?? You thought that I'm so dumb that I will not realize it?" She shouted again. 

       He turned back and looked at her in remorse. If the party wasn't yet ruined, it was definitely ruined now. "Look, I do realize that wasn't the best thing to do but please let me explain." He told her calmly.. Too calmly perhaps. 

        "Explain?? The best thing to do?? Lee Min Ho, are you crazy, you jerk? Where is that supposed 'trust' you were building???" She exclaimed. 

        "That trust? You want to know where that trust went? It was thrown out of the window when I found out that you're meeting my boss in secret! That you're sorry for doing something so terrible behind my back! And the fact that you would still look at my face and smile even though you were hiding it all along!" He finally shouted back. All the overwhelming feelings came flowing back. Who was she, talking about 'trust' when she had literally betrayed it in front of his own eyes???

            She stared at him for a few seconds with an unreadable expression in her eyes. Her silence worried him. Even though he had been right, was he too harsh? As he was about to break the deadly silence again, her hurt voice knocked the senses out of him. 

        "So you knew and you still kept silence? You didn't come forward to solve or ask? Is it because of the fact that it was your boss? Was it because it had to do with your career?" This was her. This wasn't part of the plan. All along, she felt terrible for lying to him and now, he reveals that he knew all along and did nothing about it? Maybe Yoon had been right all this time.

       He stared at her in disbelief. Was she doubting his love for her now? He wanted her to speak and come forward. He didn't want to be pushy! One moment, she complains about him, following her and the next, she complains over the fact that he had kept quiet and had not interfered??

        "You, Park Shin Hye.," That was all he mastered to utter. 

       "Save it. Maybe I still don't have that special place in your heart. I think that we both need space for our careers. Right now, there's no space for a significant other." She said painfully. 

         He felt his whole body go numb. Was she breaking up with him now? 

        "Park Shin Hye! For god's sake!" He exclaimed frustrated. 

       "And I think it's better if we don't contact each other for a while. This is the case until when you, Lee Min Ho, can actually trust me." She said hatefully, throwing the small, cursed chip at him. It hit his chest, falling down. He looked at her shocked, unable to speak. Was this seriously happening again? 

       "Ya! Park Shin Hye! Stop acting childish and let me explain!" He finally shouted in pain as he held her wrist to prevent her from walking away. Did she take his love for granted?? How can she just break up with him like that? 

      That earned him a sharp glance as she drew her wrist back. It wasn't about the stupid plan anymore. If he still couldn't trust her and if he loves his career more than her, there's no reason for her to stay!!!

        "Shin Hye ya.. Jabal.." He whispered pleadingly. 

       She felt tears run down as she met his hurt and watery eyes. "Please Shin Hye.. Don't do this to me again.." This time, his voice was almost impossible to hear. This was too painful for her. She still walked away, leaving a broken Min Ho behind. Before she could walk away though, she stopped. 

        "I would appreciate it if you go to the meeting tomorrow at New York. You've worked hard for it. Consider it as a last favor even, if you want to." She said, trying to appear strong despite the tears. Then she walked away fast before she could break down in front of him. 

       Min Ho only stared at the tables and chairs that were set outside for her birthday as a little tear ran down. She had done it again; she had made him cry even after he thought 2 months ago that he will not cry in pain ever again with her by his side. It hurted more than before, it hurted so much more than before..

        And this time, he reckoned that it was all his fault. 

       It wasn't her anymore..

       It was the stupid him. 

                            ***********

Woo Bin walked outside, in search of him.

His heart hurt. He knew.. His friend was probably falling apart and he had done nothing to save him. 

When he got outside, his heart broke when he saw Min Ho, crying.

 ".." He whispered in remorse.

He walked to him in an attempt to calm him down. Min Ho didn't budge.  

 "Hyung.. Look, let's just.."

Min Ho just walked away, as if he had not heard him.

 Woo Bin sighed and sat down. He was the worst friend anyone could have asked for and he had helped Shin Won and his stupid plan to ruin Min Ho.  

Worst part? Min Ho didn't have the littlest of ideas that he might be a part of that stupid plan.