Cursed Game

You Again?

 

        Looking at the backyard, he slowly sat down on the bench next to him as he sighed. Man, this wasn't going anywhere near good. It was so hard not to blow their cover away and run away frantically like a madman. What was worst? Now their families thought that they were over each other and moreover, in love again! Seriously! He was not joking. The way she called him 'oppa' or the way he called her 'Shin' had them thinking. What to do? What to do? The stubborn girl wouldn't give up on their covers as if she wanted to prove a point. Doesn't she know what she's getting into?

       "Oppa? Aren't you coming?"

      He was startled by her voice. Turning around, he sighed in releaf that she finally came outside to talk to him like he had asked her to. "Shin Hye ssi, we need to talk."

     "Oppa, let's go. You're family is waiting. You know my brother and our friends. Woo Bin is planning on a game and they want you to come in so we can play." She said, ignoring his last comment. "Even Yonghwa is here! Isn't exciting?" 

      Sighing again, he shook his head. "Shin Hye ssi! This is important! Can't you see what we're getting ourselves into!?" He exclaimed. 

      "Whatever it is oppa, we can talk about it later." She said with her greeted teeth, still smiling. 

       Looking at the direction she was pointing to secretly with her eyes, he was greeted by the sight of literally everybody, looking at them behind the window, grinning widely as if waiting for something to happen between them. 

        Looking back, he coughed awkwardly as he stood up. "Good idea." He hissed under his breath as he signaled Shin Hye with his eyes to start moving. 

       When they came back in, everybody acted like they have had their Christmas present taken away. "Wae??" He finally asked Woo Bin who looked so defeated. "Why are everybody having such dirty thoughts today??" He exclaimed inecently. 

       Chuckling to himself, Woo Bin only shook his head and walked away. "Ohhhhh chicha?!?!" Min Ho threw his head back, complaining like a 10 years old. 

        Joining everybody else on the couch, he crossed his leg waiting for Woo Bin to start talking about whatever this game was. He stole a glance at Shin Hye though. She was still smiling, sitting next to his sister and Se Young, but she seemed nervous for some reason. 

       "This is pretty much a dodgeball game. Everybody have their pairs. They will try to eliminate other teams. If both people are cornered and eliminated at the same time, they have to do a dare. Who decides it? The other winning teams that helped eliminating you. Remember, if the ball hits you when you're not cornered, you're not the loser. If nobody gets cornered, then the last team out will be the looser." He smiled evilly at the end. Min Ho didn't know why, but he had a bad feeling about this. He knew Woo Bin. He probably had something in his mind. "The teams will be up to you. So, go and find a partner as fast as you can. There is a rule for it though. The team must be made out of a man and a woman. Good luck!" 

        Min Ho shook his head, thinking how ridiculous this whole thing sounded. "Ya Min Ho ah!" He was interrupted by his sister. "Aren't you getting up? Come on!" Sighing, he got up. 

          He started to walk around. His sister had a partner seemingly. Se Young was flirting with Woo Bin so she too was definitely taken. His last hope was his high school friend Suzy but she and Yonghwa were laughing around. Panick began to arise. Weren't Yonghwa and Shin Hye close?? How could he just ditch her for somebody he just met??  That only meant that..

       He looked over to find Shin Hye, sitting there, biting her lower lip. It didn't seem like she had tried to find anybody. She was his last choice. Saying his prayers, he deeply breathed as he walked to her. "Want to be partners?"

        She looked up slowly, a sense of hesitation in her eyes. "I mean come on! Do we even have a choice right now??" He asked. She shook her head no as she stood up. "Sure." It took all his will to not stare at the rosy lip she was biting as he looked away. 

       "Great! So let's get into business!" 

                    ******************

    

      Looking down at her pink game uniform she was wearing, she looked at him who was also wearing the same shirt. They have been given 2 minutes to talk about their strategies. 

       "Shin Hye ssi, I think this is all set up. Do not mess with the boys and stick to keeping up with the girls. Let's not be close to each other and whatever you do, DO NOT get cornered. Understood???" Min Ho whispered.

         For the first time that day, Shin Hye didn't argue and just nodded her head. She too, had a bad feeling about this. She felt like they were caught in a trap. 

       The sound of the whistle came. "Let's forget about our past for now and get this over with." He brought his hand close for her to shake it. "Deal?"

        Looking at his sincere eyes, she saw no point in trying to argue. She took his hand and shook it. "Deal."      

       Smiling, they both went to the game floor, on their positions. The blue, green, and red teams were each surrounding them. All the eyes were on the 4 balls on the ground. Shin Hye's dad blew the whistle. 

       Naturally, all boys ran faster, each grabbing a ball. The tension was was heavy. The girls were at the back, trying to figure a way to help their teammates out. Shin Hye kept her distance from Min Ho as much as she could like he had told her to. The boys eyed each other carefully as suddenly, Shin Won threw a ball straight towards Min Ho's face. The ball grazed past him, leaving him shocked. As if the whole game had turned around, it seemed like the pink team was the target. That was how the game was supposed to go; a team was the target until they were eliminated and unfortunately, it seemed like the pink team was the target this time. 

        The alarm began to ring in both of their heads. This was a set up and they were caught. Doing his best, Min Ho picked up a ball and threw it towards Suzy. She dodged it, smirking. He had forgotten how good these three girls were. They were doomed. On the other side, Shin Hye was busy dodging the balls thrown at her from the boys. She was trying not to get cornered but it wasn't easy. While Min Ho dodged the balls from the girls, his eyes caught Shin Hye, lost among the boys. What in the world were they doing with her?? 

        Running upto them, he scaped the balls carefully as he picked one up, almost hitting Yonghwa on the back. He scaped it, smirking. Their plan was definitely working. Alarmed, Shin Hye looked out, trying to use the distraction to score a point. Only 1 member was needed to be hit and the team would be over. Of course they wouldn't be the losers since both team members had to be cornered but they at least will be out. Everybody were now throwing the balls toward Min Ho, making it harder and harder for him to dodge it. More balls were brought into the game and it was getting tougher. Tiptoeing carefully, Shin Hye picked up a blue ball and threw it straight towards her brother. It hit him with full intensity. Team red was out. 

       Everybody looked at her smirking and proud face shocked, cursing themselves for forgetting about her. Shin Won and Min Ho's sister walked out, shaking their heads. Smiling proudly at his teammate, he gave her a thumbs up. Good job Shin Hye ya.

       She smiled back. Good job yourself.

       Gritting his teeth, Woo Bin picked up a ball as he signaled the other three to move over. Min Ho picked up a ball, busy by the others. Dodging one there, one here.. And his eyes suddenly caught Woo Bin.

        He was standing there, eyeing Shin Hye like a pray with his ball that he was tightly holding. He knew by experience how much the dodge balls he throws hurts and he didn't want Shin Hye to be the one who will receive it. It was too late to stop it so... Just as the ball was about to hit Shin Hye, he drove in by the wall, the ball hitting them. They were cornered... And they were the losers.

                         **********

         Rubbing his arm, he winced in pain as Shin Hye rubbed some ice on the bruise. "That guy hits way too hard!" She complained, holding his arm.

        Min Ho nodded. "Was that why you saved me from getting it??" She asked quietly. 

       He gazed at her deeply. "I'm a man after all Shin Hye ssi. I can't let a woman get hurt like that." He said quietly as well. 

      Sighing, she looked down. "Thank you."

      Min Ho who wasn't used to being said thank you to by Shin Hye lately, looked away. 

     "Aish. What's their punishment? They're taking way too long!" He complained, trying to change the topic. 

    Shin Hye pointed at them. "Here they come."

     Min Ho looked up. "So, what is it?" He asked in a grumbly voice.

    Woo Bin smirked. "You're not going to like it.." 

    Uh-uh Shin Hye thought.

   "Tell us already." Min Ho said, looking at Shin Hye's worried face and back at Woo Bin's.

     "It's called 7 minutes in heaven."

                 ****************

 Ouch my arm, I can't even write

Fluffy was right, I am a coward 

Seven minutes in heaven???

Are you kidding me? I'm going to loose my head!!

Oh Fluffy, you good old Fluffy.. Where are you to save me?? *sigh*