The Christmas Impossible

You Again?

      She looked at the walls around her, amused as she walked through the hallway that led to the stairs. It was the first time she had realized that the pictures were there. 

     It wasn't necessarily any pictures from him or his family though. They were all from Choco. She wasn't lying if she said that there were more than 30 pictures JUST in that hallway. In each, Choco had a different cloth on.

      She stopped, feeling a lump in . She still felt guilty for leaving Choco behind. It was so heartwarming that Min Ho loved Choco this much; she didn't feel as irresponsible as she used to. Then it hit her. Where was Choco?

       She walked down the stairs but was puzzled when she heard him talk. Was somebody there? Feeling scared, she slowly walked to the kitchen and was surprised to find him, talking to a pillow. 

     He was sitting on the cabinet with his chin on his legs like a little boy as he held the pillow in front of his face. 

      "I should have known better.." He whispered as he stared at the pillow strangely. "I should have known better.." He sighed. Then he threw the pillow on the couch as he picked up his coffee mug and took a sip. 

      She still couldn't wrap her head around the fact that he was taking to a pillow. She wanted to know more. What was he talking about? 

     Then she realized that he was staring at her intently. She blinked several times and looked at herself. His sister's shorts were definitely too short for comfort but they worked. His grey shirt though, was like 6 sizes too big on her but it was her only option. Her hair was brushed nicely as it fell on her shoulder. 

      "What's wrong?" She finally asked. 

       His eyes strangely didn't change. He still had the look of a 10 years old boy who had lost his mother; calm and lost at the same time. "How long have you been standing there?" He asked quietly, tilting his head so now his right cheek was resting against his legs. 

       Confused by his behavior, she didn't answer as went dry. She heard him sigh as he shook his head and got down from the cabinet. Grabbing the second mug that had been sitting on the table without Shin Hye realizing, he put it in front of her as he sat back up on the cabinet, this time, his long legs almost touching the floor. 

    "I didn't know whether you liked sweets or not. If you do, there are on the other side." He pointed towards the other side of the big kitchen. 

      She nodded. Slowly picking up the mug, she sat down as silence filled the room. She slowly sipped, nodding her head at the good taste. He didn't talk either, only sipping from his coffee time to time as he stared off the space. 

     The silence bothering her, she looked around. "How come you don't have any decorations hung up for Christmas?" She asked curiously. 

     He put the mug down as both of his hands rested on the black, wooden surface of the cabinet next to his body. 

     "I'm a busy man, you see. Plus, nobody comes here anyways; it's only me. And I? I can care less really. There's no fun in Christmas anymore." He said knowingly, still staring off the space. "I sometimes wonder if this house is too big for me.. It makes me feel lonely.." He chuckled sadly, looking down. 

       To Shin Hye, his response sounded like a nightmare. She loved holidays; especially Christmas. What was worst was that he used to love Christmas and now.. He seemed so changed; his way of talking, the tone of his voice. He seemed lost and confused. 

      Her sudden movement surprised him as she walked right to him and sat up on the counter right next to him. He looked away awkwardly. She was too close to his body and his stomach was doing backflips as usual.      

       "I can't stand this! It's Christmas for god's sake!!!" Shin Hye whined cutely. 

      Min Ho kept quiet. 

      "Do you have a Christmas tree??" She asked eagerly. 

      Min Ho looked at her confused. "Christmas tree?" 

     "Ya! Don't tell me that you don't know what a Christmas tree is!" She exclaimed. 

     He smiled and looked down. "Of course I know. I was just surprised that you would ask such thing. We're already too late." 

     Shin Hye looked at the clock on the kitchen wall. The design of the clock included some spoons, forks and knives. The big arrow was pointing at 5. 

     "It's not too late! We can do the Christmas impossible!" She exclaimed excitedly, clapping her hands. 

    "Ya Park Shin Hye! Don't you think that maybe I don't want a Christmas celebration?" Min Ho exclaimed like a little boy. 

      "Ya Lee Min Ho! I'm stuck with you this evening so you better change your mind!" 

     She left a bewildered Min Ho as she opened the big, silver fridge. 

      "Oh great! And no food for the Christmas  Eve dinner!" She whined.

     "Ya! Is food all you think about? How can you just open someone's fridge like this?" He swiftly came down from the counter as he walked to her. 

      Ignoring his comment, she turned to him. "We have to go shopping!" She said, smiling. 

      "Have you lost your mind? You don't even have a coat to wear!" He protested.

     "Which is why you're giving me one of yours temporarily." She stated in a matter of factly voice. 

   "Ya Park Shin Hye!" He ran after her as she walked to his room. This girl never fails to surprise him. 

                         ***********

 

       "Ya! Didn't I say that I don't like vegetables? Don't pick up that carrot!" He whined helplessly. 

      "Nope. We HAVE to have vegetables." She shook her head. 

      "This is so not fair!" He exclaimed, crossing his arms. She bit her lower lip to keep herself from giggling at his reaction.

      "Park Shin Hye! Are you laughing at me?" He asked angrily. 

     That was it. The laugher escaped her tiny mouth as she clutched her stomach. 

     Trying to keep a straight face, he looked away but ultimately gave up when his mouth formed a smile as well. 

     "This is what happens when you have a single woman as your front door neighbor." He murmured, still smiling. 

      She breathed deeply upon hearing him, trying to control herself. Her efforts went in vain when she clutched her stomach, laughing her head out again. 

       Shaking his head, he gentally pushed her forward by her petite shoulders. On their way, they stopped to pick up ham. He picked a small one up and was about to put it in when her petite hands stopped him. "That's too small Mr. Jerk!" She exclaimed. "Can we get a bigger one?"

       He chuckled as he shook his head. "How in the world are you in shape when you eat this much?" She continued to look at him with her pleading puppy eyes. "I exercise." She whispered. 

       He breathed in loudly, still looking at her weirdly. "Fine." He said, putting the bigger package into the cart.

      "Thank you jerk!" She exclaimed.

       Then, she took his hand and dragged him with her to the Christmas section. "Geez. The things I end up doing." He murmerd, smiling like an idiot as he walked behind her, letting her lead him with her petite hand. 

        People were staring at them in a weird way; whether it was because of Shin Hye's extra large blazer or their childish behavior. The truth? They could care less. 

                        ************

         "Dummy? Can you come here?" He shouted from the huge living room. 

    Shin Hye closed the oven to let the ham cook as she washed her hands and walked towards his voice.

     "Ya! Is Dummy a new nickname for me?" She asked, crossing her arms.

       "Well, you call me a jerk so I might as well call you a Dummy! Like you're not one anyways.." He replied, muttering the last part. "Now look, what do you think? Do you like the angel? Should I change the position?" He said, pointing at the tree. 

     Grimacing, she shook her head. Dumb? Seemed like a good payback for her, calling him a jerk. "It's great! Let's design!" She exclaimed. 

     "What about these red ones?" Min Ho asked.

     "They're good, but I like the gold ones better."

     "Yeah, sure. But the red ones have the real Christmas feeling!" Min Ho said as he put the stockings by his fireplace. 

     "Huh. Comes from someone who didn't have a Christmas tree 3 hours ago." She chuckled as she designed the tree.

      "At least, I'm being nice to my dumb neighbor." Min Ho smirked as he put the gingerbread cookies on the table. 

     "Ahh. You know what? I have to actually agree with that." 

       Both got shocked when they touched each other's hands in an effort to get the last piece of decoration; the mistletoe. 

      "I'll.. Um.. Hang that up since I'm taller." Min Ho said awkwardly. 

      "Ok.. Go ahead. I'll set up the table.." Shin Hye replied awkwardly as well. 

     His heartbeat increased as she walked away. They definitely didn't want to end up under the mistletoe. 

                      ************

 It's funny how a woman can change your mood

Geez, the things I end up doing..   •_•