pt.3

Savior

Suzy knuckles were turning white while staring at Fei. You looked at both of them confused before slightly reaching for Suzy’s hand. You didn’t understand what was going on, but you felt something wrong with Suzy. Fei noticed making her eyes shift away.

“She’ll reopen her wound.” She said, making eye contact with JB. JB eyes shifted to you before looking at Fei. You shifted again, wincing at your sore side, but was determine to get out of bed. Suzy snuck an arm around your shoulder as Jr and Mark came closer to your side.

“Vanilla, stop it, she said you’ll reopen your wound.” Jr scolded you, gripping your right knee. You leaned against Suzy, placing a hand on your side as you kept shifting up.

“I have to get home.” You said, wincing at the slight pain against your side. Suzy’s grip on you tighten as she felt your body shake.

“Don’t move so much.” She said. Fei sighed in annoyance.

“Teenagers just don’t listen.” She muttered. Jr groaned.

“Vanilla please, just rest.” He said, “It’s not worth reopening your wound.” You ignored him while you shakily tried shoving the sheets off you.

“You won’t be able to walk.” Fei said, coming closer to your side. “Your body is still recovering from the shock of being stabbed along with the medicine we gave you.” You looked up at Fei who looked at your chart. Mark touched your head.

“Just rest.” He said, running a hand through your brown hair. You looked at the sheets, frustration evident on your face. She was right, you barley had any real control over your body and it took all your energy to sit up and you wouldn’t have made it if Suzy wasn’t helping you. You sighed and looked up at Fei.

“M-my uniform?” you asked. Jr and Mark groaned.

“Really? Seriously?”

“Bracelet, you just need to worry about getting better.” Fei folded her arms.

“There is no saving your uniform, it had too much blood on it.” She said. You looked down. She threw it away. You bit your lip as frustrated tears built in your eyes. JR messaged your knee.

“I’ll buy you a new one, ok Vanilla? You just need to rest now.” He said. You closed your eyes and let out a sigh. Suzy held your free hand and gave you a reassuring squeeze.

“We’ll think of something.” Suzy said. You groaned as you hung your head, leaning into her.

“My mom…” you said. Suzy bit her lip and rubbed your shoulder.

“That crazy…” Suzy sighed before she finished her sentence. Jb eyed the both of girls and noticed a new expression on your face. Fear. No, it could be terrified. JB started walking towards you.

“Jr, grab her stuff.” Jb said. Jr and Mark looked at their leader surprised.

“Jb?” Jr asked, letting go of your knee as he watch him past Fei and ripped the covers off you making everyone jump in surprise.

“Mark, call a cab.” Jb ordered. Fei eyes widen.

“Jb, what are you doing?” she asked grabbing his arm. Jr grabbed your covers.

“Are you crazy?” Jr exclaimed. Suzy held you tighter as she studied his movements. Your widen eyes were focused on JB. JB looked at Suzy.

“You really remember your training?” Jb asked. Suzy nodded, her grip on you loosens.

“I do.” She said. Mark eyes widen.

“Jb!” JB eyes shifted to you.

“Noona, give us some pain killers and a first aid kit.” Jb leaned down, an arm hooked under your knees as the other around your ribs. Fei gasped.

“You’re really going to leave?” she asked. Jr gripped Jb’s forearm.

“JB, what are you doing? You heard Noona, she shouldn’t leave.” Jr said. Jb looked at Jr.

“She doesn’t want to be here.” He said, he scooted you towards him. You gave a surprised squeak. Jr grip tighten. “Let go.”

“JB, she’ll reopen her wound. Do you want to risk that?!” Jr yelled. JB eyes narrowed his eyes.

“Yes.” He said shifting you closer to him. Jr’s hold didn’t let up. “Let go.”

“I can’t let you do this.” Jr free went to untangle his leaders arm from your knee. “You’ll hurt her!”

“I’m ordering you to let go.” JB barked at JR. Brown eyes stared each other down, neither grip loosening up. The tension was smothering everyone in the room as the JJ project battled each other. Your shaky hands landed on Jr’s wrist, causing his eyes to shift to yours. You gave Jr a small smile.

“I’m thankful you’re so worried, Jr-shi.” You weakly gripped he’s wrist. Jr shook his head.

“Vanilla you can’t be serious.” He said. You leaned your body towards JB, your hand that was pressed against your side now gripping the leader’s shirt.

“I want to go home.” You whispered. JB nodded before looking at JR in the eyes. Jr grip loosened as his hand ghost your knee before he landed on the bed.

“This is ed up.” He whispered. JB brought your body closer to his, as he bent down so he could hold you higher against his body.

“Mark, call the cab. Noona, we’ll need your pain killers.” Jb looked at Jr. “Grab her stuff.” Jb hoisted you up effortlessly. You winced in pain and surprised as on hand went to grab his shoulder as your forehead pressed against his jaw line. Mark pulled out his phone and started dialing a cab. Fei started cursing under her breath as she called Min to bring an extra kit and pain killers. Suzy grabbed your phone holding it against her chest. Jr looked away from the two of you, breathing out of his noise in annoyance. Jb looked at before holding you closer to his body as he started to walk out the door. Fei followed behind.

“Be careful of her side, too much friction could possible ruin the stiches.” She said. Jr watched as he bit his lip.

“This is ed up.” Jr muttered as he followed behind them. Suzy followed behind along with Mark who was finishing telling the cab driver the address.

 

 You silently winced in pain, your side throbbing in pain. You bit your lip, suppressing any sound that could be giving away your uncomfortableness. The last thing you wanted was JB to change his mind and bring your back. You grip, though weak, tighten on his shoulder. Jb grip tighten against your knee as he felt your hard breaths against his jugular.

“You ok?” Jb asked, quite enough so only you could hear. You closed your eyes and nodded slightly, knowing your voice would contradict you. Jb sighed as he headed out to the lobby area, surprising BamBam.

“Hyung?” his voice echoed in confusion as he watched him carry you away. BamBam caught onto Jr’s arm. “Hyung, what?”

“Vanilla is going home.” Jr said annoyed practically dragging the younger that held onto him. BamBam’s eyes widen.

“Home!? What? Why? She is in no condition to go anywhere.” BamBam exclaimed. Jr ripped his arm away.

“I know.” He huffed. Mark and Suzy followed behind. Mark hung up the phone.

“A cab will be here in five,” He said. Suzy fondled your phone nervously. Mark sighed, “She shouldn’t be even going in a cab.”

“I know.” Suzy mumbled, following everyone out side. Jb went to sit gently on the bench in front of the building. You gave a small hiss of pain as your hand went to your side. JB started to rub your back and looked at Fei who walked closer.

“Let me see.” Fei said bending down, turning on the flashlight on her phone. Jb leaned back and scooted you slightly down his thigh. Suzy went to his side to help hold your shoulders. Fei lifted up your shirt, so she could view the bandage. No one noticed BamBam turning away, rubbing his chin. Fei sighed as she clicked the light off. “No sign of blood, so the stiches are fine.”

“Thank you.” You whispered as you slightly bowed your head. Fei smiled at you.

“Don’t thank me yet. You could bleed out any moment.” She said standing up. Suzy rubbed your shoulders, trying to relax your stiffen body. Sitting was making your body ache. Jb started to rub your knee, in hopes the painful expression to leave your face.  Jr came next to your side.

“We should take her back in, look at how much pain she’s in.” Jr said. You shook your head.

“Pl-please, I need…”

“To get home.” Jr sighed angrily, hands on his hips. You bowed your head to him as an apology, making you wince again. Jb looked around.

“Where is that damn cab?” he hissed. Min walked out the front door.

“Pain killers and a first aide kit.” She said, handing them over to Fei. Fei nodded, looking over the pills in the bottle. Min looked down at you. “You have some balls kid. Throwing yourself towards a knife and now running off without recovering. Kind of like the boss.”

“The boss wouldn’t need to be carried.” Fei said, eyes detaching themselves from the bottle to JB. “Now, these are just pain killers, not medicine. Since we can’t watch her tonight I will need to see her tomorrow her bandage should be switched every 3 hours. The last time her bandage was changed was an hour ago, so by nine it’ll need to be changed and cleaned so it doesn’t get infected, which it might.”  You nodded as you took a deep breath in. JB nodded too.

“We should give her some right now.” He said. Fei crouch in front of you.

“Now, these are very strong. They’ll knock you out if you take a whole one, which is what you want if you don’t want to feel pain. However, seeing how we’re trying to hide the fact you got stabbed, I usually recommend you take half of one.” She held the white small container in front of you. “Luckily, these are already cut in half. However, for someone like you even half of one could knock you out. Your tolerance for drugs is very low by your vitals. But, we only carry strong drugs so this is all we have for you.” She held it out towards you. Suzy took the bottle from Fei, their eyes dodging each other. Fei bit her lip and looked down before letting out a sigh as she stood up. “I would appreciate it when you come tomorrow you leave Suzy behind.” Suzy shifted her eyes away as her former members walked inside. JB looked at Suzy before looking forward with a sigh. The cab driver started to pull up, making JB shift you in his arms carefully. Suzy stood up to wave the cab down. Mark moved foreword to open the door. JB stood up with you moving towards the cab.

“Suzy, get in first.” He said, Suzy nodded climbing in and sliding over the seats. JB leaned down, placing you into the seat as far as he could. JR walked foreword.

“Jb.” He started. Jb looked at his friend.

“You stay here; keep an eye on the guys till I get back.” Jb ordered. Jr scoffed.

“Me, stay here?” Jb sighed before closing the car door slightly.

“You can’t go.” Jb said, looking at his friend, “She’d make one noise and you’ll high tail it back over here.” Jr took a step foreword.

“Jb.”

“You’re in to deep.” Jr eyes widened, his embarrassed expression forced JB to look away. Jr cleared his throat.

“Y-yah. I’m n-not deep.” Jr stuttered out. JB sighed widening the door a bit more.

“Jb, their bags.” Mark called out running over with the two backpacks. JB took the two bags handed them to Suzy before turning back to JR and Mark.

“I’ll be back.” He said.

“Hyung.” BamBam called out, walking to the car. Jb looked at the younger boy shook his head.

“I’ll be back.” He said, sliding in next to you to close the door. Mark placed a hand on JR’s shoulder to pull him back gently so the cab could take off. Jr in a breath before letting it out aggressively. Mark started to message his shoulder.

“She’ll be ok.” Mark said. Jr looked down, shoving his hands into his pockets. BamBam rubbed his hands together. Mark wrapped an arm around both boys shoulders. “Let’s get back inside. Jackson might need babying.” He joked walking the boys toward the door.

 

Another bump in the road made you hiss once again in pain, holding you side a little tighter. Suzy removed your hand and lifted up your shirt for the third time. JB had an arm around your shoulder since you were closer to his seat than Suzy’s. He had you positioned so could lay your head on his shoulder as your shoulder pressed into his chest. JB looked at the bottle.

“Shouldn’t we give her one?” JB asked, nodding his head at the bottle that sat on Suzy’s lap. Suzy looked at him.

“You know how strong they are. If she can’t talk her mom would freak out and bring her to a hospital.” She said placing your shirt down, relived to see no blood. “Yumi ah, how painful is it?” You opened your eyes to look at her.

“Just stings.” You breathed out. JB sighed looking out the window.

“You wouldn’t be sounding like that if it was ‘just a sting.’” He muttered. The car did another light jolt, making you hiss in pain again, closing your eyes and placing your hand on your hip. Suzy looked at the driver.

“Can’t you drive a bit more carefully?” Suzy hissed.

“Sorry, I’ll try ma’am.” The driver looked at you threw the mirror. “Shouldn’t we take your friend to the hospital?”

“No. I’ll be ok.” You breathed out. Jb tighten his grip.

“No, she’ll be ok.” He repeated to the driver. The elder man frown but continued to drive down the road. Suzy sighed.

“Ok, since your uniform is gone, we need to come up with a story to tell your mom.” Suzy said, rubbing your leg. You nodded, though you felt bad lying to your mom but your just couldn’t tell her you were stabbed.

“Say you spilled something on it.” Jb said. Suzy looked at him.

“That wouldn’t explain why she doesn’t have it with her and had to change out of it.” She said. Jb sighed.

“Then say it was some science juice.”

“Science juice? Really JB? Plus I told her we were doing math.”

“We’ll, were are your ideas?” the two glared at each other. Suzy groaned as she held her head.

“Oh man, this is giving me a head ache.” She muttered clicking her heels against the cab door. “I’m going to throw up just thinking of how her mom will react.” Jb snapped his fingers, surprising you both.

“That’s it.” Jb said. Suzy looked at him.

“What?”

“Throw up. Say another student puked on Vanilla. That would explain why she changed and threw away her uniform.” Jb said, “and just say Vanilla was so grossed out she fainted, that’s why you’re helping her walk.” Suzy smiled.

“That’s a great idea.” She looked at you, “sounds good, right Yumi ah?” You nodded your head, pressing a hand against your side. Suzy frowned and re checked your side.

“Just hang on, I’ll give you some pain killers soon.” Suzy hushed. You closed your eyes and rested your head against JB’s neck. Jb stiffened a bit. You placed your free hand against his knee.

“I’m sorry.” You whispered. JB moved his eyes around the car as he cleared his throat.

“Just don’t sleep.” He muttered. You gave a small nod. Suzy raise her brow at JB, making him narrow his eyes at her. “What?” Suzy narrowed her eyes at him before looking away.

“Jr not the only one I have to worry about.” She muttered rubbing your thigh. Jb  looked away as he rubbed his lips with his free hand as he narrowed his eyes out the window.

 

“Will you even be able to walk?” Jb asked, holding you a block away from your apartment building. You nodded.

“Yes.” You said. Jb tighten his grip.

“At least let me carry you to the building.” He said, “this walk might not be possible.”

“I can’t let anyone see you.” You breathed out. “If they see you rumors might reach my mom ears.” Jb narrowed his eyes at you. Suzy touched your face.

“We better hurry. It’s almost nine.” She said, tossing one of your arms around her shoulder You started to lean towards Suzy. Jb slowly placed your feet on the ground, but still held you around your ribs. He didn’t even let you go for a second and you knees caved in under you, making both Suzy and Jb reach for you. You gave a small groan. Jb pulled you against his chest.

“This is ridiculous. I’ll just carry you.” He said. You shook your head.

“Y-you can’t. My mom.”

“ your mom, alright! You can’t even keep your eyes open let alone walk.” Jb hissed. Suzy gasped at him. She may agree but damn. You grasped his shoulder.

“I-I can walk.” You breathed out. Jb scoffed.

“You’re being so damn stubborn. Are you trying to kill yourself?” he asked. You shook your head as tears filled your eyes.

“I can walk.” You whispered. JB scoffed looking at you.

“You can’t even stand.” He hissed.

“I’m sorry.” You sniffed. Suzy smacked Jb in the head.

“Don’t make her feel worse! Don’t you think she’s also frustrated that she can’t just walk freely? She didn’t ask to get stabbed.” Suzy hissed. Jb glared at her but held you tighter once the ‘S’ word left Suzy’s lips. Everyone was quite for a minute, the chirping cricket’s watched in anticipation.  JB sighed as he hooked an arm around your knee to pick yu back up. Your eyes widen.

“J-Jb!?”

“I’m more stubborn than you.” Jb said, walking towards your house. Suzy jaw dropped.

“JB!” chasing after him.