15 minutes

Savior

You sighed laying on your bed. It was a long day. You picked up one of the books that was by your bedside table to read. Even with GOT7 bugging you today and blowing up your phone (which, you couldn’t understand how they got it in the first place) you was able to do all your homework. You hummed as you flipped the page. A knock on your door alarmed you that someone was about to come in. Your mother opened the door and smiled.

“Are you ready for bed sweety?” she asked affectionately. You smiled and nodded.

“Yeah, just going to read a couple chapters before heading to bed.” you said placing the book in your lap, your thumb holding your place in the book. Your mother smiled and nodded.

“Excellent. Just don’t stay up to late ok? Love you.”

“Love you too.” You smiled when your mother turned to close the door. You re opened your book as you continued reading the page. The story was a fantasy style book, it was about a maid who worked at the palace. There was magic swords, kings and princes. The youngest son of the king along with his body guard was attracted to the heroine. You knew it was a typical prince charming book but you kept reading anyway.  You turned the page once more, engrossed in the story that you failed to hear her phone vibrate on her table side.

 

“Why isn’t she picking up?” Jr muttered under his breath as he clicked your number again to call. He was sprawled in his bed alone. He was bored and restless. Insomnia wouldn’t let him sleep, so his first thought was to bug you.

I’m sorry the person you’re trying to call is

Jr puffed his cheeks as he hung up the phone. Jr rolled on his stomach and sighed. Why won’t you answer the phone? Jr looked at his phone, memorizing your number.

“Well, if you won’t answer. I’ll head to you.” Jr smiled and shot out of bed, throwing on jeans and a button up plaid shirt over his grey tang top. Opening up his window, he jumped out onto the fire escape and proceeded down.

 

“Come with me.” He said. She looked down at her.

“How can I go with you? It’s so late?” she said. The prince smiled at her.

“I know, but I want to show you something.”

“Your father… the guards are all over the palace. I can’t just walk about with you your majesty.”

“I don’t care wh- Tap Tap

You blinked, suddenly jolted from your story. You looked around confused. Didn’t you hear a noise? Your phone suddenly vibrated next to you. You picked up your phone. A unfamiliar was dialing you. You figured it could only be one out of seven people who would call you. Placing the phone down you opened your book again.

“I’m asleep.” You commented, though you felt bad for lying you just didn’t want to entertain which member it was. Your phone vibrated again. Curious, you looked down to see a text message on your phone.

Don’t pretend you’re asleep! Open your window! Your light is still on!

The tapping surprised you again. This time you looked toward your window. The tapping noise getting louder. Your phone vibrated again.

Ill bang on your window! Don’t think I won’t Vanilla!

Worried your mother will hear him tapping. You sprung from your bed and towards your window. You pulled back the curtain and saw a dorky smiling Jr waving at you. You sighed and open up the window. Jr leaned forward.

“Why do I have to threaten you for you to let me in?” He asked. You held a finger to your lips.

“M-my mo-“

“I know I know. I’ll be quite. Your mom and dad are home and you can’t be caught and yada yada. Give me room so I can climb in. You sighed, wanting to fight but tired. He would threaten you about your mom again anyways. You moved over, letting Jr sit on your window sil. He kicked off his shoes before stepping into you arm. Jr inhaled and exhaled proudly. “Yah, your room always smells like vanilla, huh Vanilla?” You nodded and headed back to your bed. Jr followed quietly with a dorky smile. You fixed your cover before picking up your book. Jr climbed onto your bed and laid down, looking at you with a curious look. “Whats that?” You looked down at your book. He didn’t know?

“A- A bo-ok.” She said. Jr scoffed.

“Nah , Vanilla I’m not stupid.” He said grabbing the book from her. You squeaked in surprise. Jr looked at the cover. “Joo In?” he asked. You nodded. Jr  opened the book. “What is it about?”

“It’s a ro-romance.” You whispered. Twirling your fingers. Jr chuckled as he flipped through the pages.

“Ah, so Vanilla isn’t just a study bug. Romance huh?” Jr said reading a page. You looked at your door then looked back at Jr. If your mother came in she’d freak. But luckily, Jr is being quite. You grabbed your pj pants.

“Could y-you please l-eave now?” You whispered. Jr looked offended.

“Yah, I came all the way here to visit you. You know how many bus rides it takes? How much energy it takes to climb that tree?” he whined. You looked down then back to your bedroom door. Jr followed your eyes then sat up. “Alright. You don’t want to get in trouble. I understand.” You looked at him in shock as he got up from your bed. He’s leaving, just like that?! Jr put on his shoes before turning towards you.

“Go, go lets go.”

You knew it was too good to be true.

“E-eh?” you exclaimed. Jr pouted.

“You said we can’t stay here Vanilla. So throw on a sweater and let’s go to the park.” He said. You looked down, back to your door, and then back to Jr. Was he crazy!? What if your mother walked in and you were gone?! You also took a bath. You shook your head. Jr pouted. “Aw c’mon vanilla let’s go.

“I-I can’t. I j-ust to-ok a bath a-and what if m-my mom walk’s i-in?” you said fluster. Jr sighed before tapping your forehead.

“You’re going to live a very long life Vanilla. But let lose a bit. How can you live if you’re not having a life?” He asked. You rubbed you forehead in shock. Jr smiled and held out his hand. “Let’s go play. I just want to play on the swings. I’ll return you home in 15 minutes. I promise.” You kept rubbing your head as you stared at his hand. You shouldn’t go, you really shouldn’t. However, at this moment, you felt very warm and fluffy. You were just reading a romance novel. He would force you some other way anyway, you reasoned when you grabbed a sweater from your hamper. Jr smiled the brightest smile you ever seen. You met him at the window and sighed.

“15 minutes?” you asked. Jr nodded.

“15 minutes.” He said. Taking your hand pulled you with him carefully on the branch.

 

                “Woo hoo!” Jr screamed as he run to the swings near your apartment building. You jumped in surprised and shushed him.

“People will he-ar you. Please c-calm down.” You pleaded. Jr jogged back to you.

“How can I be calm? You came with me to the park Vanilla!” Jr exclaimed happily while grabbing your hand. “Let’s go play on the swing. I’ll push you Vanilla!”

“W-w-wait! J-“ you stuttered as Jr dragged you to the swings. Your face was red as well as Jr’s. Jr forced you on the swing and then came up behind you. Jr smiled down at you. “J-Ji-“

“No talking Vanilla. I got 13 minutes left with you. So just enjoy yourself ok?” Jr said. You blinked at him then looked forward. 13 minutes? Couldn’t be that bad to just… let go for 13 minutes right? A push behind you surprised you when you started to get elevated. Jr started to laugh. “Let’s see who can go higher!” Jr exclaimed as he jumped onto the other swing next to you. Jr started to push and pull as he got higher. You chuckled, he seemed like such a little kid. Slowly you joined him in your little swinging contest. Jr smiled looking at you. You shyly smiled back at him while you both swing. The wind brushing your brown as you looked up at the stars. When was the last time you swing like this? When was the last time you felt like this? So carefree and not so tense? It must be late your starting to get crazy. You chuckled to yourself as you put more force into you swing. Your carefree smile was probably the most beautiful thing Jr has seen.

 

 

Sorry it’s been a while & this is short. I wrote it between class since I had some time to kill before my next class! Forgive me!