New plans

Mission Makeover
Friday morning, Selina met with Hebe, Ella, Jolin and Show in the cafeteria for lunch. She had laid her make-up herself this day. Show had done it all the other days. She had her hair in a simple ponytail.
“We have to meet up in the weekend so I can teach you to fix your hair,” Show said thoughtful while they ate lunch. He had used the whole last afternoon to teach her to lay make-up. Her father had come home right when Selina sent Show off, and had made a big scene out of it. Fortunately, she had told Show just to go home, so he didn’t witness it. But her father had been really angry about her having a guy in her room.
“Oh, right, what did your father say yesterday? He didn’t scold you, did he?” He sounded concerned.
“It wasn’t your fault, he is just like that,” Selina said quiet.
“He did scold you?!” he said.
“What happened?” Ella asked.
“My father came home yesterday evening when I sent Show off,” Selina said.
“…and?” Of course Jolin hadn’t met her father.
“He is the type who drinks and spends money the half of the time, and then sleeps and misunderstands his daughter the rest of it,” Selina said bitterly.
“He misunderstood?” Show asked. Selina nodded.
“How terrible! How can you stand being home then?” Hebe asked.
“I try to be home in that half of the time where he isn’t,” Selina answered.
“Oh…”
Suddenly a voice came over the loud-speakers.
“Attention! It is your principal talking, and I have big news for you all. The Christmas dance is set to the 12. December, so you can start preparing now. There will be more information later.”
All the students started talking excited about it straight away when the speakers became quiet. Some also rejoiced loud and cheered for the principal.
“Isn’t it a bit early to announce it? It’s only September,” Ella said.
“Whatever! Now we have a long time to plan our outfits!” Jolin said happily.
“And partners,” Hebe added.
“Oh no…” Show said tired.
“What?” Selina asked surprised.
“In times like these, Show will get invited by girls every day, and he is tired from rejecting them all the time,” Jolin said wisely. Show nodded and sighed dramatically.
“Why don’t you just go with one of them?” Selina asked. They all looked confused at her.
“Have you forgotten?” Hebe asked.
“He isn’t really the TYPE who would go with a GIRL to a prom,” Jolin said.
“Why do you always have to talk around the fact that I’m gay instead of just saying it?” Show asked a bit irritated.
“Do you ask a guy then?” Selina asked.
“If I did, they would just look disgusted at me and walk away,” Show said.
“What do you do then?” Why couldn’t they just say it straight out?
“Come as single, of course. I love to dance, you know, and the traditions should be kept,” he said.
“Which traditions?” Selina asked. They looked unbelieving at her.
“Have you never been to a dance before?” Jolin asked.
“N-no…”
“Seriously?!” Hebe asked.
“Who do you think would invite me?” Selina asked a bit harsher than she wanted. The earlier years, she had looked at all the other girls being invited and invite, and talk about dresses and dancing. After the dances, she had heard about how amazing it had been. But how should she ever get an opportunity to participate herself?
“I’m sorry,” Hebe said, with a sudden sympathetic voice, which Selina never had heard from Hebe before.
“It’s just that… Me, Jolin and Ella are used to being able to pick and choose between the guys who ask us, so I didn’t think of your former situation.”
“Just forget it,” Selina said, and looked down at the table.
“For your information, one of the traditions since I started here is that the girl who gets elected for prom queen will have to dance with the dancing king – me. But I end up dancing with all the nominees anyway,” Show said, like this was a talk they had every day.
“I’ve got an idea!” Jolin suddenly shouted, so the students who sat around them turned their heads (more than they did already).
“What?” Ella asked.
“Let’s make Selina this year’s prom queen!”
“What?!” Selina said scared.
“Christmas dance is now our deadline. Before that, Selina will become the most popular girl in the school!” Jolin said excited.
“Good idea! Then we can make a plan,” Hebe added.
“I’m in. Within that time, you have to learn humor, performing, talking and behaving like a superstar,” Ella said to Selina.
“I don’t think I can do all that,” Selina said worried.
“Of course you can – you just need some willpower,” Show said. With the voice that could persuade her to do everything.
“But – it will be no use anyway,” Selina said downhearted.
“What do you mean?” Hebe asked.
“It would be too embarrassing for me to come alone; the others will just make fun of me.”
“Who said you’ll come alone?” Jolin asked.
“We have to find the perfect date!” Ella exclaimed.
“But… what?” Selina was now pretty confused.
Jolin, Ella and Hebe just nodded understanding to each other.
“What?!”
“I think we have a nominee, but it has to be him who asks. That’s more princess-style,” Hebe said, still smirking.
“I don’t think this is a good idea,” Selina said.
“This has always been the idea, now we just set a deadline,” Jolin said happily.
“But… I don’t know how to dance at all.”
“That is the least problem of all!” Show exclaimed. “You are sitting next to THE dancing king!”
“Who is not afraid to brag…”
“You said it yourself yesterday, Jolin,” he said.
“Until now, we’ve only done something to your appearance. It’s only the smallest part of it,” Hebe said.
Selina felt very tired by that thought.

***
HA! So soon you didn’t expect me to update xD
I found out that I could use a scene from the first chap of this fanfic as my English essay. With some edits :p
So now I only need… the rest -.-‘’
And sorry for that I haven’t updated earlier this week… But again, my weekly schedule:
Monday: Horse, Tuesday: Free, but late off school, Wednesday: Priest for confirmation preparation, Thursday: Chinese, Friday-Sunday: Summerhouse with my family. And then homework xD
So, hope you can bear with it. I really want to update more often, it’s just not that easy :/
But please please please please please please please (x10000000) comment :D it gives me more inspiration to write ^^,
- Blitz