Morse [Final Chapter]

Mission Makeover
LAST CHAPTER:

“And now, ladies and gentlemen, we’re going to find the Queen of the Christmas ball!” he shouted.
The crowd cheered.
“I will now announce the nominees…”

***
And really… this is the LAST/FINAL chapter :D
***

“The first nominee is… Molly Xu!”
A girl stepped happily onto the stage, while the crowd applauded.
“The next nominee… Stella Wang!”
The process kept on repeating itself, until five nominees were on the stage. Then, the principal shouted:
“And our next nominee is… Selina Ren!”
The crowd cheered louder than before while Selina jumped on to the stage. Loudest of all was her mom.
When ten nominees were well placed behind the principal – they included Jolin, Ella and Hebe – he applauded too before taking the word again.
“And to help me hand over the trophy, we have no other than our own Dancing King: Show Luo!”
More clapping and whistling while Show jumped up and made an elaborated pirouette before standing still next to the principal.
“Thank you, thank you…” the principal asked the crowd to keep quiet. Show got the trophy and crown from someone behind the stage.
Selina looked out at all the people. She could spot her mother amongst them, and smiled back at her.
She looked to her left, where Ella stood next to her. Ella winked and gave her a thumps-up sign.
She looked at Show’s back. Even from behind, she could see that he was smiling. Or rather feel it. He had a special aura. Even when he was sad, he would give a reassuring and calming feeling, no matter how depressed, confused or nervous she was.
Right now, it was the last thing. Her heart was beating so fast that it felt like it would jump out of her chest at any time.
When she looked at herself, she couldn’t recognize her appearance from half a year ago. She couldn’t recognize her world.
When she had agreed on going to the mall with Jolin, Ella, Hebe and Show for the first time, she hadn’t had any idea of where it would lead to.
But she couldn’t be happier with the results. She couldn’t have had any better friends. Or a better family. Not including her father. But if Glenn was her aunt, what would Show then be?
As he and Glenn weren’t related by blood, he would probably be Selina’s step-cousin. It seemed weird.
Once upon a time, people tended to marry their cousins…
She was suddenly called back to reality by Ella, who pushed her a bit.
“And now,” the principal announced, “I’ll whisper the name of the Christmas Queen to Mr. Luo, and he’ll then give the crown to the lucky lady.”
Show leaned down so the principal could whisper the name to him, while the school held their breath.
Show’s expression was inscrutable when he straightened his back again. Still with a poker face, he went to the start of the row and stared down along it at all the nominees. His gaze didn’t stop at one.
Looking straight forward, he started walking along the row, all down to the other end, where he turned around and walked the other way back. Nobody was giving a sound when he looked at the ten girls one after another.
He shook his head and walked behind the row, where he finally stopped and put the crown on…
Selina.
Everyone went crazy when Show hugged her from behind and laughing carried her to the front of the stage, next to the principal. Selina couldn’t believe it. This was their goal, what they had been working for. And it finally came true.
Show let her down and stood on her left side with the principal to her right.
“Dear ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you, the Queen of the Christmas ball, Selina Ren!”
The crowd was still cheering while Show handed her the trophy, and Selina corrected the crown, which had been pushed down over her eyes when Show lifted her.
“And now I think we should stick to our traditions and watch Mr. Luo dance with the Queen… Even though it isn’t tonight’s first time,” the principal laughed, but Show broke in and took the microphone.
“There’s something I’d rather want to do!” Show shouted.
Before the principal could manage to ask “What?”, Show had pulled Selina close to him and kissed her.
As soon as she felt his lips on hers, she could feel the blood, along with the surprise and confusion, run to her head and make her blush. She closed her eyes and kissed back.
She heard a lot of people screaming, clapping and whistling, but they seemed to be from another world, at least until Show let go of her and smiled his brightest smile.

Selina didn’t know what was best; When she and her mother went to their old house to get their stuff and finally end it between her parents, which meant that her dad had to buy the house if he wanted to stay; or the teary reunion between her mom and Glenn; or when Lydia bought the house next to Show’s for the money she had earned from the mission for her and Selina to live in; or simply the fact, that Show was by her side all the time, holding her hand and kissing her goodnight.
After moving in, Lydia and Selina hosted a housewarming. The guests were of course Show, Glenn, Show’s father, Jolin, Ella and Hebe. Lee Wei, Jay and Chun were invited as well, and they all arrived with their girlfriends. Lee Wei on his legendary motorbike.
Their house was smaller than Show’s, but Selina felt comfy with it. It was painted with warm colours, both on the inside and on the outside, and Selina had all first floor to herself. It was light, clean and comfortable. Except for the basement, which would be perfect for shooting a thriller movie; and for making movie nights, which was one of her and Jolin’s favourite kind of parties. It could also be cleared and used for dance practice, or water fights (which she had already tried out with Show and the girls).
Now, however, it was lit up and used for a housewarming party. Selina showed the guests all around the house, even though half of them had seen it already, while her mom made the last things ready.
Selina’s sleeping room was right across Show’s, and they could wave to each other from the windows when they both were at home. When it was dark, they could also use flashlights to communicate through Morse code.
After the tour, where Jolin had noticed Selina’s new guitar (an Ibanez SX-72 TBC), they all went down to the basement where they spent the rest of the evening.

It was Christmas Eve in two days, and they all had free from school. After spending the whole day painting and decorating a wall in Selina’s basement in graffiti-style (Ella and Hebe had kept on writing and painting erted stuff, which Selina and Jolin had painted over with peace-signs), she was in her room reading a book.
She suddenly saw a flash out of her window, and stood up. She walked over to the window, from where she could see Show standing in his window.
He started morsing. Selina wrote down the letters.
“H-I.”
She grabbed her flashlight and morsed back.
“H-I.”
He morsed back:
“D-I-D Y-O-U E-R-A-S-E W-H-A-T E-L-L-A W-R-O-T-E?”
“W-H-A-T?”
“A-B-O-U-T T-H-E L-O-L-L-I-P-O-P.”
“I D-I-D N-O-T S-E-E I-T.” Typical Ella to write something right before everyone went home.
“B-E-T-T-E-R N-O-T L-E-T L-Y-D-I-A S-E-E I-T.”
“O-K.”
There was a pause, where Selina just stood and looked at his silhouette. She got a text.
“Why do we talk this way when we have mobiles?” Show wrote.
She texted back: “Because morsing is funnier.”
A few seconds later, he answered: “Can I ask you something then?”
She answered yes, and he started morsing again.
“W-I-L-L Y-O-U…”
She wrote down the letters he sent.
She stared at the paper.
The letters formed the sentence: “Will you marry me?”
Smiling, she took her flashlight again, and morsed three letters. Y-E-S.
He morsed back three words.
I L-O-V-E Y-O-U.

***
Happy ending much? Haha :D
I simply can’t make sad endings after loving the characters so much through 33 chapters. Lol :P
Hope you liked it – and OMG this fanfic has been ongoing for a loooong time!
And finally, it’s finished :3
It feels… weird.
VERY weird – but I have been extremely happy to share it with you and read all your comments. Really :)
(Btw, I got a new haircut :D got cut off about 30-40 cm :O also feels very weird)
2xS ended up together – I was in doubt whether Show should propose or not, as they were only 17 when the fanfic started. But then I thought, they can just marry when they get older. Lol.
And now I’ll BEG you ALL to leave a comment – even just a short one – and this includes silent readers – as this is the END of this fanfiction, officially. So please please please :D
And it can’t be said enough how much I’ve enjoyed all of your support, encouragement and comments through these many months *sniffle* - THANK YOU :’D
And goodbye for now. I don’t know when I’ll be writing my next fanfic, but I will leave a note on this fanfic whenever I do. And of course, I’ll write it on my facebook page (link in some earlier chap), so stay tuned :D
*Sniffle again*
*Cries*
- Blitz :’)