Solving the Puzzle

Mission Makeover
Right after the last lesson, which ended at 11 o’clock, the four girls and Show went to Show’s house, where Glenn waited with all kinds of cookies.
“Official cookie-eating day,” said Show, and quickly ate one in two bites.
They were sitting in his room, where the major collection of make-up and hair products was located. For Selina, it had become a daily routine that Show did her make-up every morning since she moved in, but the other girls were excited, as Show usually rarely did other people’s make-up – at least after his fabulous skills had become well-known.
The prom started at 7 o’clock. They had five hours left, and therefore no need to rush. All of them had to shower too, and Selina started.
The four left started playing their favourite card game; . The rules were pretty simple, as long as you didn’t use the 3’s as magic-3’s instead of cleaners.
“Yes! I have the four of clubs!” Show exclaimed. Hebe and Ella grumbled, but Jolin was too busy sorting her cards.
“I only have one cleaner!” Hebe complained.
“I have none!” Ella said. Jolin smirked.
“I have some. Ella, it was yourself who gave out the cards, so it’s just luck,” Show said.
“I’ll never trust myself to give out cards anymore…”
Show started with laying out two fours, and then the game proceeded.
Jolin won the first round outstandingly, as she in the second turn laid out eight cleaners succeeded by three aces. Hebe lost.
“Ha, !” Show pointed at her.
“At least I get to start now…”
Jolin had been observing Show closely since their conversation with Glenn a few days before, and had noticed all his struggles whenever Selina was around. Hebe and Ella had noticed that he slowly acted less and less girly, which bothered them. But Show and Jolin had decided not to tell them anything yet.
Show didn’t even know how to handle it yet.

All five had taken a bath and dried their hair. It was time for clothes, make-up and hairstyling.
Show changed clothes in a different room while the girls took on their dresses.
Ella’s dress was quite simple. It had no hangers, no sleeves, and was pretty short without being too short. It was white with black flower-decorations in an elegant, but not flashy way. It was accessorized with a wide black belt.
Hebe’s dress was light purple, also without hangers and just as short as Ella’s, and had a big tulle skirt, and a shiny, purple belt with a flower on it.
Jolin’s dress was the shortest. It was red, had one, wide hanger, and the skirt was decorated with big flower-look-alike creases in the cloth.
To fulfil the flower theme, Selina’s light blue dress had three flowers on the waistband over the partly tulle, partly satin skirt. The fabric also had flower decorations, and in form it looked like Hebe’s – no hangers and thigh-length.
They accessorized further with earrings, necklaces, bracelets and whatever they could find, well-knowing that Show would change it all as soon as he entered the room.
Which he did about five minutes later – fully dressed up. Selina couldn’t believe her own eyes. He was normally handsome, but this sight made her speechless.
He was dressed in a dark purple tux, which somehow made it clear that he was going alone, as nothing would be able to outshine it. Actually, it outshined everything else.
The blazer jacket had a lighter purple for the collar, and even his shirt was very light violet.
All together, it made his eyes sparkle like jewels, and Selina couldn’t take her eyes of them – which Jolin silently noticed.

Half an hour left, and the four girls and Show waited in front of his house. Ella’s short hair had been styled with a big, white hair clip that matched the dress. Jolin’s was curled, Hebe’s neatly set and Selina’s was straightened, with some of the hair set up. Show’s hair had just gotten a big dose of hairspray, so it now shined from every angle as long as there was a minimum of light. He had also put on a few blue extensions, which had taken him at least an hour.
Chun came as the first, but as he and Ella had to walk like Show and Selina, he stayed and waited with them.
Right after came Jay, Jolin’s date, with private chauffeur in a big car. Lee Wei, Hebe’s date, was driving right behind him, and they all took off at the same time.
All the involved guys were also involved in the “plan”, and therefore Lee Wei, Hebe, Jay and Jolin were waiting at the school gate when Ella, Chun, Show and Selina finally arrived.
Selina and Ella already looked tired, which Hebe and Jolin made fun off – until Ella and Selina excused themselves by the reason that Show and Chun had had a very long conversation about cheesecakes.

The gymnasium was decorated to the unrecognizable. It was like stepping into an adventure world, and the fake smoke waved around their ankles.
Selina suddenly noticed that Show had added tinsel hairspray to all of them, including himself. She had silver glitter all over her dress too.
Right when she was about to confront him about it, Hebe pointed at something in front of her, which was hard to see through the foggy air. She finally recognized Jiro.
“Code 1,” whispered Ella. They all stood like they only had eyes for the decorations – the ceiling was decorated all over with stars, like a deep night sky – while Jiro slowly walked over. They could see that he left Aaron, Calvin and their dates behind him.
“Hi Selina,” he smirked, when he was close enough to them.
She immediately stopped smiling, and looked at him with indignant eyes. The seven supporters behind her also turned towards Jiro.
“I see you’ve joined the losers, Chun. I thought you were better than that,” Jiro remarked coldly.
“If you hadn’t seen it before, I’d call you blind,” Chun answered coldly back.
Selina sneaked a look at Show, who was obviously struggling with a lot of anger. She laid supporting a hand on his arm.
“No, my girl, tonight it’s my arm you have to take,” Jiro grinned, grabbed her arm and dragged her away.

“Let go!” she shouted. The people around them turned around to look.
“You’re my date, remember?”
“Yes, I’m not as forgetful as you.”
“Forgetful, what do you mean?” Jiro was in doubt for a second, before he returned to his smirk.
“You obviously forgot how to act like a gentleman.”
“Auch. Good one. I’m truly hurt now. Being a gentleman is after all the most important thing in the world,” he sarcastically said.
Selina wanted to hit him, but decided to keep calm, and ignored him instead.
He dragged her further on to talk to some of his friends, including Cyndi and Joe, who had been dating each other for a while. Cyndi, however, still seemed completely lost in Jiro, and didn’t even bother to hide it when Joe was around. Joe was yet so self-assured, that he didn’t even think it a possibility that he could loose his girlfriend.

Selina continued to ignore Jiro for half an hour, but whenever they passed some of her friends, or just people greeting her, she jollily chatted with them with an undertone of begging for pity. Everyone in the school knew what Jiro had done to her, so by being the innocent, poor one, she assured that all hate was turned against Jiro.
She could feel that he became angrier and angrier, and in the start it delighted her, but after some time it began to get scary.
He finally took her to the bar, where he ordered a cola (as alcohol was forbidden at any school party) and she ordered water.
“Stop ignoring me, Sel. You can’t go on like this forever,” he said in a dark voice, so only she could hear it. She pretended that she didn’t.
“Listen to me.”
She still turned her head away.
“Answer me.”
“Hey! Show, Jolin and Jay!” she waved the three over, still ignoring Jiro.
“Don’t ignore me, !” Jiro suddenly yelled, grabbed her water and poured it out over her dress.
Jolin and Show ran over, and Jay dragged a few of his other friends with him.
Selina stood as frozen, gaping and looking him in the eyes with disbelief.
Jiro just managed to make a gloating expression, before Show had pushed him three steps back.
“What the heck do you think you’re doing?!” Show shouted. It was so loud that nearly everyone curiously turned around to watch the scene. More than one girl gasped when they saw the water on Selina’s dress.
Jiro looked angry for a second, but then turned extremely calm.
“Do you even know who I am?” he asked. This question seemed to confuse Show.
“Ever speculated about my weird letters and phone calls?” Jiro continued. Show kept quiet. Even Selina was confused by now.
“Bet your father has a picture of me as baby.”
Now the crowd started whispering around them. No one knew what was going on.
Show was still silent, but his expression became more and more troubled.
“Don’t you want to know why?” Jiro provoked him.
“You aren’t someone I want to waste my time on. I think you can guess why,” Show said coldly.
Selina looked at her dress. Fortunately, it was only water. But it was still disgracing.
She was too confused to sense her own feelings. The only thing she knew was that she owed Jiro nothing, and owed Show everything.
“Do you know why your mother left your father?” Jiro asked smirking. Show didn’t answer.
“She married a much richer and more powerful man. But before that, your parents already had children. Or should I say, OUR parents.”
Show looked like he had been punched in the face. People around them gasped. Selina couldn’t believe her own ears.
Hebe and Ella had joined her and Jolin, and they both gaped. Jolin looked at the two guys with a calculating gaze.
“What?” Show whispered, but also suddenly looked like something finally made sense to him.
“Your father didn’t bother to tell you that you had a twin brother, huh? When he got divorced from our mother, she took me and he took you,” Jiro taunted.
“He probably wanted to keep me from such a disgusting one.”
“Don’t talk to me like that!” Jiro quickly stepped forward and looked like he was going to punch Show, but stopped right in front of him. “I’m after all you brother.”
Show was now completely calm, and even smiled a little when he talked again.
“Siblings are chosen by god and not ourselves. In most cases, the siblings chosen by god are well-chosen, and brothers and sisters grow to love each other. But I’ve never grown to love you, never known you as or like a brother, treated you like a brother or getting treated like a brother – or at least a good friend. The you I know is probably one of the last persons I would ever choose to be my brother. I always knew my father hid something about you for me, but when I think back, I’m actually thankful to him for not troubling me with such a terrible twin. We’re not alike at all. Maybe we are brothers of flesh and blood, but our real brothers and sisters…” He reached behind him and randomly dragged Selina and Jolin up next to him, “…are chosen by ourselves, and are called friends.”
Jiro was mute after this speech, and gaped in disbelief. Suddenly, someone from the back whistled, and those nearest by started clapping.
Show bowed theatrically and smiled. But behind it, Selina could see his pain.

***

PREVIEW:

She stepped on to the stage with a sudden fearless, intoxicated feeling running through her body. After what she had gone through in the past, this shouldn’t be able to scare her.
-------
“Hurry up, they’re gonna announce the Queen now!”

***
Sorry for the late update >.< would have updated yesterday, but couldn’t get on the internet.
God, I’m tired. I haven’t been able to sleep the last two nights, because I Monday got an operation in my food, and it’s really painful :/
The three persons who commented deserve a hug <3
… not many comments :’(
I’ll update again when there are 5 comments. Only very few chapters left :O If you want them, please comment ^^,
- Blitz