Necklace

Mission Makeover
In the lunch break, Selina took out the letter to show the others.
They were all eating noodles (except for Show, who of course had ‘cake of the day’ for lunch) at their usual table.
She handed it to Hebe, Ella and Show, as to that Jolin already had read it.
While they were all reading concentrated, Selina looked at Jolin.
“Jolin, where’s your necklace? You always wear that one you got from your father. The one with the Rubin,” she asked. Jolin looked up from her food, and then looked down at her own neck.
“Oh, I just forgot it at home, I think,” she shrugged her shoulders. “Forgot to take it on after the bath.”
“Oh well, okay.” Selina was still a bit doubtful. Jolin usually never forgot anything about her outfit.
Hebe had finished reading as the first, but waited for the other two to finish before she commented it.
“Do we know anyone with the name Ruo Guo Ni?” she asked. Always straight to the point.
“Don’t think so,” Ella said. “I don’t, at least.”
Selina looked hopefully around at the four, but they all shook their heads. She sighed.
“There must be many people named that. If we looked it up, we would have to call A LOT of people,” she said, surrendering. She felt like giving up. But something inside her said that it was an important part of finding her mother again. If not, she wouldn’t have written it.
Irritated, she started eating again, after putting the letter back into her bag.
They were eating in silence, until someone made a scene in the front of the cafeteria.
“Cyndi, I don’t have time….” they heard Jiro say evadingly. They looked at where the sound came from.
“But honey… Shouldn’t we go shopping? Or eat dinner?” Cyndi sticked to Jiro’s arm. Some girls from Show’s fan club stood up and joined in.
“Get away, Cyndi, he has a girlfriend!” one of them shouted. Cyndi suddenly looked furious.
“That little doesn’t mean a thing!” she yelled back in a whole different tone from earlier. Jiro shook her of.
“Don’t you try…” Cyndi started, but then changed her voice into a softer one. “Don’t go away, honey, I still have to ask you…”
“He is NOT interested!” another fan club-girl shouted. Cyndi turned back to discuss with them.
When she did that, Selina noticed something around her neck which shined. She got up and walked over. Everyone kept silent.
“Stand still for a moment,” she said when she was in front of Cyndi. Cyndi looked provocative at her. Jiro stood still on the sideline and watched the scene.
Selina had seen it right. Cyndi had Jolin’s most valuable necklace around HER neck.
More than everything else that had happened, this made Selina angry.
She immediately ripped the necklace of, so Cyndi cried out with pain.
“What do you think you’re doing?!” Selina shouted.
“What are YOU doing? You’re stealing my necklace!” Cyndi cried back. In the whole cafeteria, it was only those two speaking.
“YOUR necklace? I think you’re wrong, sweetie.” Selina made a sarcastic accent on the last word.
Jolin quickly ran over.
“No, Sel, it really is hers,” she whispered. Selina looked confused at her.
“But your dad made this especially for you!” she complained.
“Yes, but… I gave it to Cyndi.” Jolin was talking in a nervous, low voice.
“Why?”
“Because… if not, she wouldn’t have let you join the cheerleader team.” It was loud enough for the around standing people could hear it. The comment spread whisperingly through the cafeteria.
“You… what?” Selina asked again. She couldn’t believe anybody would do such a thing for her.
“You heard her, now give me back my necklace!” Cyndi said harshly. Mistake. Everyone sent her evil gazes.
Except for one.
Joe made his way over.
“Give it back to her, ,” he commanded.
“I won’t give it to her. It’s Jolin’s.” Selina was determined. Hebe, Ella and Show had also come over, and stood next to Jiro.
“Sel, I told you I gave it to her,” Jolin tried to please her, but it didn’t help.
“If you take payment from people on the cheerleader team, then I should be the one to pay, not Jolin,” Selina continued unaffected, looking at Cyndi.
Everyone now seemed stunned. The Selina a few months ago wouldn’t have been able to do such a thing.

Cyndi could feel the mood change against her. People started whispering.
“She takes payment?”
“She should choose by talent!”
“Who ever let her lead the team?”
Joe, who had given up on the verbal fight, reached out for Selina’s hand and tried to grab the necklace, but failed. Show had immediately jumped in between them and knocked Joe’s hand away, even before Selina could manage to react.
In a split second, everything was silence. Then it was like a devil took over Joe, and he punched Show in the face using all of his power.
Show staggered a few steps back, but then regained his balance.

“Hey! What are you guys doing?!”
A teacher had finally discovered what was going on. The students near the teacher, who was standing in the door opening, started explaining. It was incomprehensible though, as they spoke all at once.
The teacher made his way through to the scene. Show, who was standing unsecure in front of Selina, facing Joe, had a nosebleed, and blood all over his face. His cheek was bruised too.
As Joe had blood on his hand, the teacher could understand part of what had happened.
“Fighting over girls, are we?” the teacher asked with his arms crossed.
“No, jewellery,” Jiro said, and then proceeded to explain the whole situation neutrally to the teacher.
The teacher lifted his eyebrows and sighed.
“You, you, you, you and you follow me to the office,” he said, pointing at Joe, Cyndi, Selina, Show and Jolin.
When he was about to turn around and leave, Show suddenly felt backwards into Selina’s arms. He had passed out.
Selina managed to catch him before he hit the ground.
Hebe, Ella and Jolin ran over, while the teacher also sat down next to him.
“Doesn’t look good,” the teacher mumbled. Hebe, Jolin and Ella all half-screamed and went crazy.
Selina stayed calm in confusion while she kneeled down, holding Show’s upper body in her arms.
She had never seen him this weak before. Tired out, yes. Moody and sad, yes. But never swooned.
He had always been a strong person who could support her when she needed it, and defend her when people harassed her, like the weekend in Jolin’s summer house and like now.
And now he was laying all limp on the floor without moving. And even scarier, with blood all over his face.

Selina remembered something her mom had once taught her, and quickly turned his head to the side, so the blood didn’t run into his mouth and choked him.
The teacher had made the people in the cafeteria calm down, as some (a lot) had freaked completely out when Show fell.
Selina felt Show’s body become heavier in her arms. The teacher made the students go a little away so they had space around Show.
Jiro and Joe still stood on the side, while Cyndi had disappeared in a mysterious way.
The teacher had sent Jolin, Hebe and Ella to prepare the school nurse for another patient.
He handed Selina a handkerchief.
“Wipe off some of the blood, at least from his mouth and nose.”
Selina looked down on Show’s face. He looked like he was sleeping peacefully, if it hadn’t been for the blood.
She wept some of it of, as much as she could. It still bled from his nose, so she held the handkerchief to it.

“Some strong guys! Come over here! And fast, before that girl’s legs go numb…” the teacher called out. Chun and some other guys from different sport teams came over.
They carefully lifted Show, leaded by Chun, and the teacher helped Selina to her feet. Her thighs had right enough gone numb from carrying Show’s weight.
“Now, you three go with me to the office,” the teacher said, but Selina ran after the guys. Joe was the only one left to go to the office, at least until they found Cyndi.

They found Jolin, Ella and Hebe there when they reached the nurse’s office. The school doctor was there too.
He commanded them to put Show down on a bed. Selina realized that she still had the handkerchief and Jolin’s necklace.
She looked at it, while the doctor examined Show, who was still unconscious.

***
Have to go on a trip with my family, so ending the chap at a bit inconvenient point. Sorry ^^,
But I thought it had been TOO long since my last update.
I’m home in the evening, so I hope to update again asap. But as I’m pretty addicted to The Sims 2 right now… we’ll see xD
- Blitz
And please please please comment! I miiiiiiiiss comments :P