Secrets?

Mission Makeover
Jolin, Show, Ella and Hebe all sat in Jolin’s room. Ella and Hebe sat on the bed, which was arranged as a sofa, Jolin sat in her office chair, and Show sat in deep thoughts in an arm-chair.
“Selina was really cool today,” Ella said.
“Agree. I was actually pretty touched when she said she did it for us and not herself,” Jolin said.
“I know this started as a project because we were bored, but it doesn’t feel like that anymore,” Hebe added. “What do you think, Show?”
No answer.
“Show?” Ella asked.
“Wake up!” Jolin rolled her chair next to Show’s and hit him with her elbow in his ribs.
“Auch!” he exclaimed, and rubbed the place where she had hit him. “That hurt!”
“What were you thinking about? You didn’t respond at all!” Hebe said blaming.
“Nothing,” he said, and frowned.
“You mean that all thoughts suddenly went out of your head and leaved you in a trance-like condition?” Hebe asked, and looked suspiciously at him.
“Something like that.”
“I don’t believe it,” Ella said and smirked.
“Well then… Did you notice the guy who looked at Selina?” he said reluctant.
“Do you like him?!” Jolin said, like he was a female friend who had a crush on a guy they knew.
“No! No, it is something else,” he said, and looked like he had problems with expressing what he wanted to say.
“It was a possibility!” Jolin exclaimed.
“What is it then?” Ella was curious.
“Who are you actually talking about? A lot of people looked at Selina…” Hebe said.
“Didn’t you see the guy who sat a few tables away, and continuously looked at Selina, even when the others stopped?” Show said, now starting to get annoyed. He should never have started on this topic.
“No…”
“Oh, you mean Jiro Wang? He is like, the school’s guitar hero!” Jolin said.
“Explain further,” Ella said frowning.
“You seriously don’t know him? He is nearly as popular as us; his three best friends too. And have you never been to a sport competition of this school? The crowd only cheers for them,” Jolin continued.
“I find sport competitions boring,” Hebe said. “I didn’t know you went to them.”
“What are their names?” Ella asked.
“His friends are named Aaron Yan, Wu Chun and Calvin Chen, and…”
Show didn’t hear more of the conversation, as he had sunken into his thoughts again. So Jiro Wang was the guy’s name.
He had only once seen a fast glint of a picture; his father had fast hided it when he noticed that the nine-years-old Show was looking. Even though Show was young when he saw the picture, he could still recall it in his mind.
The boy in the picture had looked like he was only three years old, or about that. Show had wondered who he was for a long time, but it was only now when he really noticed that Jiro-guy, that he saw how many features he had in common with the child in the picture. He had of course seen Jiro many times before, but had never really cared for who he was. But the thoughtful expression he had looked at Selina with was the same as the baby’s.
“Wow! How come I’ve never really noticed them?” Hebe’s voice sounded impressed.
“Maybe because they keep to the music rooms and sport fields, and we exist more in the school’s common social life,” Ella said with professor-voice.
“Why did you start to talk about Jiro, Show? Show?” Hebe said.
“If you don’t want another elbow in your ribs, then listen!” Jolin said harshly.
“Huh?” Show looked up from the arm-chair’s patterned coat.
“Do you know Jiro Wang?” Ella asked.
“I think… but I’m not sure, I just wanted to know who he was,” Show said, still thoughtful.

“Dad?” Show asked when he sat with his father and step-mother at dinner that evening.
“Mm?” his dad mumbled with his mouth stuffed with food.
“Do you know a guy called Jiro Wang?”
His dad was about to spit out all the water he had just drunken, and his step-mother thumped him in the back when he started coughing.
“Why are you asking?” he finally asked, when he could talk again.
“I just met him in school today, and I thought I could recognize him from somewhere.” Show made an effort to keep his gaze on his plate, but noticed that the two adults looked worried at each other.
“Show, why should we know a random guy you met at school?” his step-mother asked in a soft tone.
“Glenn, I just…” Show still made sure that his gaze was fixed at his food.
“If it’s a love question, you know that we’re totally cool with your… taste,” Glenn said friendly.
“No, it’s not that!” He was now getting quite frustrated. His father reacted like this, and yet they claimed not to know anything?
“I think I’ve seen him before, and I think it has something to do with you, dad!”
He stared hard at his father, who stared back. At last, Show had to lower his gaze.
“Show, we give you a lot of freedom. We only want the best for you. But you must understand that there are some things we can’t tell you. Please don’t speculate more about this,” his father said. Show nodded, and returned to his food.

***
Short chapter, hope you liked it :)
This was mainly about Show… But what is actually going on about Jiro?
Thanks SO much for all of your nice comments :D
Please please please comment, then I’ll update very soon :}
NEW FOREWORDS! Descriptions of characters added, please read :]
- Blitz