"A job?"

Mission Makeover
“Phew,” Selina sighed, and threw herself down at the couch in Show’s training room. The room was big, mainly furnished for dancing with big mirrors all around the walls. There were also a few pieces of training equipment, that they had pushed away in the corner, a couch and two armchairs around a coffee table, arranged in another corner.
The couch was soft and comfy, and Selina felt like she could stay there forever.
Show dumped down next to her, and took a deep breath too.
“Maybe we should’ve taken the slow dance before the fast,” he pointed out. Selina nodded smiling.
“Yeah. We’re totally drenched in sweat.” It felt so naturally and comfortable talking to and dancing with Show.
“Water?” He looked asking at her. She nodded thankfully.
He walked out for a few minutes, while Selina tried to catch her breath after dancing.
Show came back with five bottles of water. He threw one of them to her, and she caught it and opened it. She felt the ice cold water cool down her body and take her breath under control. She leaned back in the sofa.
“Tango or waltz?”
“What?” Selina asked.
“I think we should practice waltz. We probably won’t be dancing tango at the prom...”
She sighed and sunk deeper into the pillow. She would never be able to make her legs carry her weight – she was completely positive of that.
But Show was of another meaning, and he grabbed her arm and pulled her to her feet, so she nearly fell into him. He went to set on some music.
She leaned her upper body powerlessly forwards and let her arms hang loose to express her tiredness.
She took a deep breath, pulled herself together and straightened her back quickly, so her hair flung back.
Show, who stood right next to the CD player, stared at her like he had been frozen right in the middle of a move.
She looked silently and wondering back at him, while he laid the CD back on the table.
“Selina?” His voice was not playful as usual, but abnormally careful.
“Yes?” His sudden change in behavior made Selina nervous. It brought her back to the time in her life, when her mom was still with her, but nobody else was. Like Hebe, Ella and Jolin. And Show.
Oh, and Jiro of course. But of some reason, he didn’t count. That actually made her worry a little.
“Is something wrong?” Show asked. She had been looking distant while thinking.
“Huh? Oh, no,” she quickly said.
“I... Are you a lot together with Jiro?” His gaze kept changing direction, he didn’t know where to look.
“We’ve been together pretty often lately,” Selina admitted. She tried to sound relaxed and secure, but her heart beat really fast. Show hesitated and rested his look on the floor.
“Just... Be careful.” He turned around the set the CD on.

“Jiro, don’t you think it’s getting colder?” Selina stuffed her hands deep in the pockets of her jacket.
It was in the start of November, and she had just moved to Jolin’s house. The preparations for the Christmas prom were now increasing, and she had four suitcases to move around. She missed her mom badly. But the three girls did their best to keep her busy. They spent nearly every afternoon with Show at his step-mothers bakery, where they got free cakes, and it seemed to be the only place where Show was as he had always been. Cake-eating, happily chatting and girly.
They also had to prepare for mid-term exams, and for once in Selina’s life, all of her books weren’t gone.
Selina and Jiro were walking around in the town.
“That’s just how the weather changes. But I think of something else. How much you have changed,” he smiled. Selina looked him in the eyes, and noticed that his smile didn’t reach there.
“Are you thinking about getting a job?” he suddenly asked.
“A job?” She had only thought about getting a job before she started moving around to the others’ houses.
“Just... You can’t rely on the money from your mother forever. Knowing your personality, you like to be independent.”
She thought about it for some time. She liked the idea, but didn’t like to be stereotyped like Jiro had just done.
“Couldn’t you get a job in Show and Hebe’s parents’ company? Doesn’t Show work part-time there in the evenings?” he asked.
“I could ask them...” she said.

“Hello?” Show answered the phone.
“Hey Show, it’s Sel,” Selina said, and leaned back in the armchair in Jolin’s smallest living room. She liked using her nickname. It reminded her of her friends.
“Hi Sel...” Show seemed to be tired – again.
“Show, are you getting enough sleep?” she asked anxiously.
“I was just at a business meeting yesterday. It took pretty long, so I was late home.” He sounded like he had just woken up, even though it was past midday. Fortunately, it was Sunday.
Selina hesitated. She had planned just to ask him on the phone, but maybe it wasn’t the best idea.
“I... Can I meet you?” she asked.
“Sure,” he said in a surprised tone, “where?”
“At your home?” If she could talk to Show’s father at the same time, it would be even better.
“Okay.”

Okay. Selina borrowed Jolin’s never-used bike, and went to Show’s house.
She rang the doorbell, and heard running steps behind it. Show opened the door.
“Are you on bike?” He was surprised. It was probably the first time a visitor had come to his house by bike.
“Yeah. It’s too long since I’ve been using one.” She smiled, and took off her jacket. She had a simple, white dress on, but with golden leggings.
“Are your parents home?” she asked.
“No, but they’ll be home for dinner. I actually have to go too in a few minutes, but I’ve got a little time to talk,” he said. His smile reached his eyes... his beautiful eyes.
And his smile was adorable...
“Selina?”
“Huh? Oh, yeah. Uhm, where are you going? Where are your parents?”
“Glenn is at the bakery, my dad is at work, and I’m going to meet him and some advertising-agency-things...”
“Can I go with you?” she cut him off.
“Why?” He blinked innocently.
“To be honest, I need a job. Or, I don’t need it, I just think it would be nice to earn money by myself. My mom never let me work, and...” She got silent when talking about her mother, and felt the tears take shape in her eyes.
To her surprise, Show suddenly laid his arms around her. Like a warm castle, only there to make her feel safe. Jiro had never hugged her like this. No one had ever hugged her like this.
She laid her arms around him too, without really planning to.
She dried her eyes in his shirt. It was soft and calmed her down.
“Selina?! What the hell are you doing?” Jiro shouted. Show quickly pulled Selina away.
“And who do you think you are?” Jiro grabbed her arm and dragged her behind him, so he stood face to face with Show.
“I am a friend who consoles my friend who is crying.” Show was totally down to earth, while Jiro breathed hard in anger. His madness changed into surprise.
“Crying? Why?” Jiro quickly turned around to look at Selina.
“Uh... Nothing, I... tripped and fell, and hurt my knee,” she lied. But Jiro looked pleased.
“Oh. Sorry then. I was actually coming to give you this...” He handed Show a letter and turned away from Selina, who tried to get her make-up under control.
Show slowly took the letter, and Jiro turned around and smiled to Selina before he left.
“What letter is that?” Selina asked.
“Nothing,” Show said, after reading the front side, which said: ‘Do only open when you’re alone’.

***
Winglin is finally working again :D
It's been too long, I know. I have no inspiration :L
I'll TRY as hard as I can to force my brain to get inspiration, so I can update more often ^^, My writer's block will hopefully melt away together with the snow :p

Please please please comment, I appreciate, read and love every single comment and commenter I get :D
- Blitz