Those rich kids…

Mission Makeover
When Selina woke up next morning, her father wasn’t there. She felt relieved. Now she could eat her breakfast in peace and quiet.
When she was about to walk out of the door, she suddenly got a weird feeling inside. It took some time before she realized what it was. For the first time in her life, she looked forward to go to school.
She met Hebe at the school gate.
“Hey Selina!” Hebe said, or yelled, so everyone around her could hear that she greeted Selina.
“Hey…” Selina said cautious. Hebe whispered:
“Straighten your back and greet me loud and clear.”
“Why?” Selina asked.
“Well-well, whatever. But you have to get some attitude in your voice and posture,” Hebe said, and started walking. Selina tried to walk in the same way as her.
“It was so fun yesterday!” Hebe suddenly said a bit time after.
“Yeah, I think…” Selina still thought about what she should do if her father yelled at her again tonight. She didn’t have any other places to live.
“Did Jiro ask you to meet again at another time?” Hebe asked.
“No…”
“Then he must be planning it. There wasn’t anything to be mistaken of,” she said confident.
“What?” Selina suddenly woke up.
“Didn’t you see the way he looked at you?”
“Uhm… I had other things to think about,” Selina said a bit embarrassed.
“You’ll find out at some point,” Hebe said and smiled.
“Oh and… If anyone takes your books today, tell us. Show knows a guy whose best friend’s cousin’s step-son is in this school too, and he is really good at clearing up such things,” she continued, before she walked into her classroom. Selina walked a bit further down the corridor to her own classroom.

“I have to get an opportunity to finish my eating competition with Chun,” Show said. He, Jolin, Hebe, Ella and Selina sat in his step-mother’s bakery after school. Selina sat and pricked with a fork to her piece of cake. She didn’t really have any appetite.
“Don’t steal Ella’s recently acquired boyfriend, Show,” Hebe said with a smile.
“He isn’t my boyfriend!” Ella quickly said.
“Don’t worry, I only see him as an eating-opponent,” Show took part in the joke.
“Stop it!”
“But you liiiiiike him!” Jolin said and pointed at Ella.
“Selina, some help please?” Ella laughed. “Selina?”
“Selina!” Show said loud and pushed her.
“Huh?” Selina said.
“What is it with you? You’ve been like this the whole day,” Hebe said worried.
“Have we done something wrong?” Ella asked.
“No no, of course not,” Selina hurried to say.
“Are the cakes tasty?” Show’s step-mother had come to the table.
“Of course, Glenn, they always are,” Show said smiling.
“Why aren’t you eating, Selina?” Glenn asked.
“Sorry, Mrs. Luo, I’ve just got no appetite, it’s delicious,” Selina said.
“You can come by whenever you want to eat, we also have sandwiches. Show told me about your situation – he is so concerned about others,” Glenn said, and Show gave her his cutest puppy-smile.
“Thank you, Mrs. Luo,” Selina said.
“Oh, no problem, just call me Glenn.”
“Thank you, Glenn, it’s really too much… Oh no! I’m sorry, I have to go now, I have to go shopping!” she said, and looked at her watch. She also had to cook dinner when she got home.
“Let’s all go! I love shopping!” Show exclaimed in a very excited voice.
“Not that kind of shopping, it is food I need to buy,” Selina said and got on her feet.
“Really? Let’s all go anyway! I’ve always wanted to know what it feels like to shop in a supermarket,” Jolin said. Selina looked surprised at them all.
“You’ve never shopped food before?”
“Of course, cakes and candy and stuff,” Show said. “But this is like, a REAL supermarket! May we go with you?”
“O-okay, but it’s not that exciting…”
“Yay!” Hebe said, and they all got up from their chairs, said goodbye to Glenn and walked with Selina.
Selina felt uncomfy, but took out her shopping list which she wrote in the morning, and checked how much money she’d got.
“May I take a trolley? This is so cool!” Hebe said when they arrived at the supermarket. Selina couldn’t believe that they were so excited about it. She had often shopped here for her mother, so she knew where everything was.
“Let’s start with the vegetables…” she said, mostly to herself, and walked through the supermarket. She tried to ignore the four behind her, who had now a trolley each and used them as scooters while they talked loud and pointed in all directions. Selina herself had only taken a small basket.
“Oh my God! This is where the toilet paper comes from? Amazing!” Jolin exclaimed.
“I didn’t know they also had dog food in the supermarket!” Hebe said. “How crafty!”
“They also have DVD’s, why didn’t we know that?” Ella said surprised.
“Because we always buy them in Blockbuster… Look! Candy!” Show shouted.
Had these rich kids seriously never been in a supermarket before?
Selina walked straight forward, until she suddenly bumped into someone. She quickly said ‘sorry’ and walked on without looking at the person, until he called her name.
“Selina!”
She turned around and stood face to face with Jiro.
“Oh… Hi,” she said and blushed. This just shouldn’t happen now. The other four stopped next to them.
“Hi Jiro!” Hebe said. “Why are you here?”
“That was what I was about to ask Selina,” he said.
Show locked his jaw and looked demonstrative away.
“Uhm… I’m just buying some stuff, and then they wanted to come along,” Selina said, and skewered to Show. She could actually use some support from him right now.
“This is super fun! I want to buy one of these trolley-things,” Ella said.
“They’re not for sale,” Selina said.
“Well, I was actually just looking for some toothpaste because Calvin was about to get unwell because his breath wasn’t perfect,” Jiro smiled. “He is right now with Aaron and Chun.”
“Where?” Ella asked, and looked around.
“Not here,” he answered brief. Why couldn’t he tell?
“Selina, what is on your list?” Show suddenly asked.
“Oh, you’re here too?” Jiro asked surprised, even though it was a bit fake.
“Yeah, we all took with her!” he answered happily. He had somehow placed himself in a defense-position in front of Selina.
“Well… I’ll run, see you,” Jiro said, and waved to Selina before he walked away.
“He is a bit conceited, don’t you think?” Show asked less happy and scowled after him.
“You just had something against him from the start,” Jolin said.
“Selina, why didn’t you… Where is she?” Hebe looked around. It took some time before they found her in the vegetable department.

Show walked home in deep thoughts. What did he actually have against Jiro? Every time he saw him, he got a cold feeling inside. But also a kind of déjà vu he didn’t like. Jiro really had a lot of features in common with the boy in the picture he had once seen. If he just could find out more about it.
And then there was Selina. Couldn’t she feel it? Was he really the only person who felt the dismissive air around Jiro? He wanted to protect her from it. Why?
So many questions. Show made himself believe in some temporary answers; he saw Selina as a sister like the other three girls and therefore wanted to protect her, and he was just mistaken about Jiro and should try to forget it. If it could help.

***
Wow… I’m so out of inspiration -.-‘’’
Maybe because I am buried in homework this vacation; Danish essay, German essay, English essay, Math assignment (5 pages with exercises), practice for History test and practice for Social studies. Plus I have to make a pet-keeping (written) exercise for my 4H club.
So if I don’t update as often in the autumn vacation, you know why xD
But here is a new chapter ^^,
Thanks for the (few) comments :D Hope you’ll comment on this, I already have a chapter ready when I get the first comment – the faster you comment, the faster I’ll update :]
And I promise next chap will be more exciting xD
- Blitz