Aimlessly abnormal

Mission Makeover
LAST CHAPTER:

While the match progressed, Selina wondered if she really dared to do as planned. But then she remembered what Show had once told her: You need self-confidence, but you have too much self-worth to be in danger.
Mission Makeover.
Mission Make-poops-like-Joe-bit-the-grass-and-make-Selina-pretty-and-charming.
Whatever it was called, she was still going to do this.

***

Ten seconds left, and the points were equal.
A guy from the opposite team had the ball. Another guy from Jiro’s team took it from him, and threw the ball to Jiro.
Jiro dribbled close to the basket and... made the final goal!
The crowd went crazy.
Selina found it nearly impossible to hear her own thoughts, but as they weren’t doing any good anyway, she pulled them away. She also pulled the mask off.
As she ran to the track, she could hear the people near her gasp surprised, but she didn’t care. She ran directly to Jiro, and threw her arms around his neck when she kissed him.
It was like the world stopped in that second. All the noise was turned off. Jiro kissed her back.
She held on for a few seconds more before she pulled away, smiling.
“Congratulations.” She looked at him with her big, shiny eyes. He smiled back and hugged her.
And then the noise was turned back on. Even louder than before. Maybe the crowd really had been turned silent in shock. But now they cheered again.
Selina had to let go when all Jiro’s team mates and best friends had to hug him too, and she looked at the audience.
Cyndi looked angry at her, but when they made eye contact, she turned away and walked back to the changing room with Bianca and Angela. Ariel waved smiling at her.
Before she even noticed, Jolin, Ella and Hebe had surrounded her and kept saying stuff about how perfect it went.
“It was spectacular! You should’ve seen it from the spectators’ point of view.”
“Yeah, at first everyone was like “wow”, but then they...”
Selina only listened with half an ear. She watched through the crowd. She couldn’t see Show anywhere.

Show walked down the street with his hands in his pockets. He kept tightening and loosening his fists in frustration.
The dark had begun to take over; the twilight was near. He had left the track right after Jiro had hugged Selina. He had wandered aimlessly around in the town since, only intruded by a visit in the kiosk – he had wanted to buy a new fashion magazine, but when he had looked at the different front pages, his urge to read them had disappeared, and he ended up buying a few bags of candy instead.
What was happening to him? He already knew about the plan and was prepared for it, but how come he couldn’t stand watching it? And now even reading fashion magazines could make him happy.
The four girls were at the celebration party with the team and their friends. That meant that Ella would have rich opportunity to be together with Chun, Hebe and Jolin could rave around and be in the middle of everything, and Selina... Selina could be together with Jiro.
Maybe they flirted in a corner right at this moment.
Show bit his lower lip to calm down. Not that it helped. It started to bleed.
Now even his own body turned against him.
He ignored it and took out a bag of candy and started eating it. The contents, not the bag, even though he was distracted by his thoughts enough to do so.

It was Saturday morning. Selina walked through the silent city. Even the grass and the trees seemed to sleep.
She breathed in the fresh air. If every morning could be just like this. And if every day could be just like the one before.
She rang the doorbell at Show’s house with a smile. She waited for a long time before the door got opened.
“Yeah?” An abnormally drowsy, untidy and unshaven Show with an alarming smell of alcohol hanging around him appeared in the door opening. Only his eyes showed his surprise of seeing her.
Selina looked baffled at him for some seconds before speaking. She told herself, that it must’ve been because of the time in the morning. But on the other hand, he hadn’t ever looked this way before, not even when they stayed up all night at Jolin’s summer house playing Truth or Dare and watching movies.
She threw the thoughts away. She could think about that at another time.
“Uhm… Sorry for disturbing so early in the morning,” she apologized.
“I probably look terrible,” he tiredly smiled.
“No, not at all, I’m just…”
“You don’t have to lie.” His voice had turned harder, and he looked her in the eyes. Like he was searching for something.
Selina didn’t wait to see if he found it or not, and turned her gaze towards the flowers next to the door while saying:
“I’m just here for the dance lesson we arranged.” She tried to sound happy and relaxed; the complete opposite of what she felt. When she turned her look back at Show, he looked all surprised.
“This morning?” he gaped. She nodded.
“I brought my jogging suit.”
“Why didn’t you just wear it?” He was obviously teasing her. Like it amused him to see her blush.
“I… I just…”
He smiled warmly and opened the door wider.
“While I tidy myself up to something respectable, you can change in the guest room,” he said. Selina was just about to say “I think you always look respectable”, but held it back. Why did that thought fly into her mind?

***
I know this update is too short after such a long time with no update >.<’
I’m sorry guys! Please don’t hate me (:
I’ve been soooooo busy with Show’s new album (can’t wait for my copy, Yesasia please hurry up!) and Hi My Sweetheart and a lot of other stuff going on, so I haven’t really had the time to write, and when I had, I was too distracted and lagging inspiration -.-‘
I actually have a lot of ideas now, but no idea how to place them xD
Thanks for bearing with me (: here you (FINALLY) get your update, and please please please comment!! I miss comments so much :D
- Bltz