Chapter 1

♥Say Hello To The Jung Family ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a cold night. Wind was still blowing and everyone was in their respected houses , looking for warmth and comfort as it was so chilly and breezy outside. Each residents was snuggling in their thick blankets on their comfy mattress together with their soft pillows, already drifted off to their dreamlands as it was alrerady late.

Except for one particurlar house.  It wasn’t a big house , but it wasn’t small either. In the house laid two small boys on a bed which they shared , blankets already covered their bodies up to their necks. They were still not sleeping, even though it was late. They were staring at a woman who sat beside their bed , telling them a bed time story. They were so engrossed with the story that they could hardly blink. The woman , who was also their mother, told them their favorite bed time story which was about the boy who would never grow up , Peter Pan. Almost every night, their mother would sit beside them and tell them stories that they loved to hear.

The mother was still telling them the story when one of the boys suddenly spoke, causing the mother to stop talking, “Omma ! Will I be like Peter Pan too ? Will I not grow up?” He asked with eyes full of anticipation.

The mother smiled upon the question asked by her little one who was only 5 years old. “Of course you will grow up, dear. You will turn seven years old soon and will go to the primary school.” She said while her son’s head. “But I don’t want to go to school. Is it okay if I just stay at home with you?” The lad asked again in a whiny voice. He crossed his arms and pouted with a frown on his forehead. While he refused to accept the fact that he will go to school soon, his younger brother seemed eager to go to this new place called ‘school’.

“Why don’t you want  to go to school , DaeHyun ? You will get to meet new friends and learn new things. You will have a lot of fun. It’s not like you won’t be coming home after that. You will still see me once you’ve returned from school.” His mother said but with a doubting voice on her last sentence hence the last sentence was more of a whisper to herself. Why did she say that ? Well, only she knew.

“I want to go to school !”, said IlHoon, the younger one. Seeing IlHoon getting excited and anxious, DaeHyun finally accepted that he will be going to school and meet new people.  But something was still bothering the mind of the little child, “What if there are bullies in the school ?” He asked with a worried voice. His shoulders deflated as he thought of the scene of him getting bullied by the bad boys in school.

The mother chuckled seeing her son's face which had turned to a worried expression. “If there are bullies, you will tell your teacher and your appa.  You don’t fight back because it will only cause more trouble. Okay ? I’m sure both of you will be fine. You’re good boys.”

She hugged both of her little angels tightly. Unlike the usual. “Omma loves both of you. You know that right?” She could feel them nodding their heads in her embrace. “Does Omma love JinYoung?” IlHoon asked referring to his younger brother who was currently sleeping with their father. “Of course Omma loves JinYoung too. Can you promise Omma to look after each other?” She said with a trembling voice, hoping the kids understood what she requested. She often forgot that those two were only five and four years old respectively. It could be impossible for them to understand what she was asking for and she could only hoped that they did understand.

Lucky for her, her first born was smart enough and said, “Okay Omma. We promise to take care of each other. And you and Appa too. And the baby in your tummy.” He answered with a voice full of determination and his eyes showed so much love as he and his younger brother caressed their mother's tummy. Their mother was due to deliver anytime soon and they couldn't wait for the little angel inside to come out. The two boys, including their father, were very looking forward to a baby girl as there were already three mouseketeers in the house.

The mother was touched upon her son's words and hugged them even tighter. It was a cold night, but the embrance was enough to keep them warm throughout the night.

 

Few months later

A man was rushing into the hospital with sweat all over him. It was raining hence his clothes were soaking wet. He couldn't be bothered by the heavy rain outside and ran all the way. He ran to the reception and tried to catch his breath. “Can I help you, Sir?” Asked the receptionist.

“I need .. the room number .. Jung SooYeon.” He was panting hard and worry had taken all of the spaces in his head as his heart was beating a thousand miles an hour.  “And you are?” Asked the receptionist again with a slightly worried tone looking at him. He was soaking wet from head to toe and she was afraid that he would pass out any minute.

“I’m her husband.” Answered the man. He was worried about his wife and their new born child. He rushed to the hospital as soon as he received a call at his workplace. Telling him that his wife was already in the labour room, ready to deliver. He abandoned whatever he was doing at the office and ran to the hospital, with his wife and their baby in mind.

After receiving the room number and thanked the receptionist, he made his way to the room where his wife was in.Running, to be exact. He couldn’t calm himself until the figure of his wife was in his sight. He barged inside the room and was relieved to see the love of his life was on the bed , with a child in her arms. He smiled blissfully upon seeing that scene that he had witnessed three times before.

The wife shifted her gaze

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter