Chapter 5: The most tiring game

When the Ice Princess and Casanova Fall in Love

Chapter 5

It was the fifth day in school and that means its Friday! P.E day too, but its fine. Having P.E was nice after all. And about last time when Sulli said if I were jealous about Taemin going on a date? D-U-H!!! Of course not! I loved that he was not around because I will not see his face on the next subject and that means he has no attendance that day *evil smile* And he’s a playboy after all. That’s not surprising, he has a date.

“Icy, do you know what we will do for today’s P.E?” he ask,

“Am I the professor to know about that?” I gave him my poker face and continue walking on the school’s gym. “Just asking!” I heard he said but I was far away when he said that,

“Naeun!!” I look around and saw an angel- I mean Sulli waving while walking forward at me so I wave back.

“That suits you” I said referring at our P.E uniform, “Thanks. By the way, where is the SS students?” she ask again… well, she’s always asking about SS this past few days, maybe about Minho again.

I point at the students behind us, “Always remember that SS students are always behind us” I said and go to our line. “Huh?!!! Why are they always near from us?!!!” her expression was scared and at the same time angry. Hahahahahaha, I wonder what Minho is doing to her.

“Maybe because your prince charming is there” I said without emotions. I can handle my emotions now, sometimes I always smile but sometimes I just get back on becoming an Ice Princess they used to call me. So unpredictable, right?

“Duh! Prince Charming? If you’re talking about Minho you’re wrong!” she rolled her eyes and look away.

“Did I say Minho?” I tease and tickle her on her waist, she turn around and I knew she is blushing. How cute! Hahahahahaha!!!

“Just kidding, SS students is on the other end of the gym” I whisper and smile. She turns around and glares at me, “NAEUN!!!!”

……………………………………..

After the physical fitness we headed to our room,

“Ok class, we will go to the field because it’s the school year’s first P.E day, get your partners… boy and girl” I suddenly chock when Mr. Kim said that.

“Mr. Kim, can’t girl to girl-” my classmate didn’t finish what she was trying to ask because Mr. Kim cut her,

“I’ve already said boy and girl, right?” he strictly said.

I look at Taemin and there we’re lots of girls surrounding him. Tss, I bet he was enjoying it… what a ert he is. Then he suddenly look at me too, “Icy, can you be my partner?” he ask. I was stunned for a minute because the words he said affects me so much, out of nowhere I found myself nodding on him. Oh crap!

“Great” he said and sits so near beside me. I heard the girls irritating voice because of that, “H-hey, y-you can just go with them-” he put his finger on my lips that made my body feel something strange, “It’s ok, I want to go with girls that don’t have intentions on me. If they will ask me on a date I will surely go but it’s different, points are being talked about in this situation” he said and let go of my lips.

I gulp, “O-ok” why am I feeling like this?! As if this is the first time I ever got near to a man!!!

“Everything settled?” I heard Mr. Kim ask, “Yes” everyone answer

“Let me tell you about the games statistics”

“Wait sir, a game?” one of my classmates ask,

“Yes, it’s about knowing everyone’s speed… and it’s schools tradition. Every first Friday of the school year we won’t do Physical Education, we will just do a game, happy right?” he asked and smiles widely. Now I remember, we also did some sort of games last year.

“Yes sir but what game would it be this time?” my classmates ask again,

“Badminton”

“Wow!” we all cheered,

“But…”

We all got silent,

“But your real enemy was your partners, you should make more attacks and points than your partner, but if you win the game, you need to find something at the Palace Sky Dome… the history book of the school” he said and we all shout in protest,

He gave us a look and we all shut up. How can he made us scared by just looking at us?!

“Now, go to the field” he said and everyone walks out of the room bored, no, not exactly bored. I think, they are wondering what kind of game statistics did he said.

I don’t have any choice so I stand up with Taemin by my side. “Icy” I look at him with questioning eyes,

“Do you know about the school’s history?” he ask, “Of course” I confidently answers,

“This is a palace before right?”

“Yes, it was in 19th century”

“Maybe they will ask us to find something about this school that’s why he wants us to find the history book”

I look at him and I know he really has an intelligent brain, “Maybe” I just said and continue walking but then I remember Sulli, I look around and find her walking with a guy behind her too. Wait, what’s the meaning of this?! Minho will be so jealous when he find out!

“Taemin, I will just go with Sulli”

“Ok” he said and walk forward to the group of girls. Ugh! What a playboy!!!

“Sulli!” I called out, “Hey” she said and walk beside me. Hahahahahaha, plan successful, I get her away from our classmate. “Who is your partner?” I ask and look at the guy who is now walking with the group of boys,

“He is Kwang Sun, but he said I can call him ‘prince’”

“Like what the effin he said? Prince?”

“Well… let’s just call him like that”

“Tss, such an assuming guy who wants to be called as a prince” I said while looking at his back,

“He just ask me to become his partner and because I can’t find anyone I said ‘yes’”

I sigh, “It’s ok, if Minho was just around”

“Hmm?”

“Nothing” oh-uh, I should better make my voice a little lower or she will definitely hear what I said,

“But, you know I just can’t understand why we need to have a game in the first Friday of the school year”

“It’s school’s tradition, we also did some games last year but I think I didn’t join”

“It’s ok if I didn’t join?” she ask, “That was last year and I know we can’t do that now. If only I can’t join again I will do it”

“Me too”

“Do you know that the Palace Sky Dome was so huge?” I ask her,

“Yes, I have seen it on the school’s history”

“How can we find something there, anyway?”

“Oh, right!!!!” she exclaimed,

Hahahahahahaha!!! She was really cute!

[Field]

I’m a smart kid so I must know something about badminton. And yes, because of reading books, we might as well win… by luck.

I look at him on my left side, he seems so serious. “Speed of release” he whispers that made me look at him,

I smile, “Angle of release” I said that made him look at me. He smirk at me and we both said the last projectile motion, “Height of release” we both whisper and both smirk. I think were boasting with over confidence right now.

We’re the ones playing, “Ok, let’s just toss a coin-” Taemin cuts the professor and said something that made my blood boils up

“Give them the shuttlecock” he said but I didn’t protest. Tss! He’s like a boss I want to kick his !

“Ok” the professor shrug and gave them the shuttlecock.

Damn! What the hell crosses his mind?!

“Focus” he said, still looking in front of us yet I knew he was talking to me.

When performing the badminton smash we need to use the largest and strongest muscles first, followed by the smallest and weakest muscles. The order of these muscles need to be in the correct sequence and timing to produce the greatest amount of force. 

I smile, and get the first attack, followed by another and another. I smile,

He did an ace that made the score 5-15. The games just up to 20. Everyone was watching as if they were on a tournament. So lame! And because of the ace, his attack was 8 and mine was 7.

He did two more attacks. He’s pretty good in sports huh. I wonder where he learns this technique. He was playing gracefully like an athlete and I want to look like him too.

I get the two attacks, 10-9 was our score. While, 5-19 was the score of the game. I didn’t know why we are both good in badminton though we are not school athletes.

Last attack,

I shift my body weight. I move my arm back, twisting my torso from my gastrocnemius , abdominal, litmus Doris and pectorals up to my biceps, wrist, detroit’s and trapizous. All my muscles move in the correct order, which allows the correct force to be exerted.

I finish the last attack and heard the buzzer.

10-10 was me and Taemin’s score. But screw it! We win anyway!

We clasped our hand in the air and smile at each other…

We heard the cheers of our classmates, and I smile wider because of that.

[Shady place]

“Whoa! That’s a tiring game!” he said and sit beside me on a bench. We still need to find something on that dome. I was surprise when he lay his head on my lap.

“I know right” I’m so tired to protest so I just let him.

“You did great” he said and I said the same.

“Well, it’s just a game” then I froze by my own statement.

 “Please don’t leave me…” I kneel in front of him as tears fall from my eyes,

“Can’t you understand what I’m trying to tell you?!” he pushed me so I sit on the ground. I didn’t answered him instead, I just kept on crying,

“Damn you! Leave me alone now!” he shouted

“No!”

“You’re just a-”

 

 

 

“Icy!” I am back to reality when he calls my name, I quickly look at him and help him to sit up, “Are you ok?” he ask and open my mineral water. “I- I’m f-fine” I said and make him drink the mineral water he open for me, he needs it.

“That game was so tiring!” he exclaimed and laid his head on my lap then he puts his arm on his forehead, “That game wasn’t fun at all and mind to tell you… you’re so ugly with that P.E uniform!!!” he exclaimed again but this time it made me angry.

I get the mineral water and poured the water in his face. He instantly gets up and chock. Tss, good for you…

“What you do that for?” he angrily ask while looking at me but…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Damn! He looks hot with that water flowing down from his hair to his throat that makes his shirt wet. Ugh! Why so hot?!!!

“Hey, you’re red” he smirks while looking at me with those playful eyes. I quickly look away, “No, of course not” I was planning to stand up but he push me on the tree behind the bench, and then he put his arm on the side of my wait and move his face to mine…

“Taemin…”

========

Another late update… I’m so sorry for that… This was also a short chapter but I promise if I’m not busy in school works I will be updating a long chapter. Always be happy everyone! And always have a good day!!! God Bless!!! Muah Muah! Take care everyone!

 

p/s: sorry for the wrong grammar and spelling, I didn’t check it,

^_^