Chapter 11: The Ice Princess Past

When the Ice Princess and Casanova Fall in Love

Naeun’s POV

I smile bitterly while I was looking at our hands. I remember my first ever best friend. Yeah, he’s a boy too, Kiyoshi Ryota. I was surrounded by Japanese people before but I was happy back then. So happy… unlike now, I can’t even smile while remembering them and him. I missed him so much I can’t even visit him but I was planning to go there this coming weekend.

“Taemin…”

“Yes?”

“Is it happy to have that guy as your best friend?”

“Ah! Kai”

“Cool name” he has a cool name but not a cool personality. He looks like a happy person always smiling and never having any problem, he also looks childish and… hopeless? Hahahaha, kidding.

“Tss, he just announced in front of the room last year that I’m his best friend” he said that as if it’s the most horrible thing that happened in his life. Well, at least he has a handsome best friend, right?

“… but he’s always there for me, never leaving me” he smile and said that. Even though he won’t tell me that he is his best friend, I can see in his eyes that he cares for Kai. He really does and I feel it.

“Ok” I don’t know what to say so I just say ‘ok’ to end the conversation. I was tired and I want to lay on my bed again.

“What about you?” he ask, 

“What about me?” i ask back. 

“Do you have a best friend”

It takes me minutes to answer his question and that was a long silence. My mind says no but my heart says yes.

“What’s with the sudden ask?” I was diverting his mind to somewhere else.

He sigh, “I knew you can’t tell me about your past”

“Yeah…”

He let go of my hand and look at me, were in the front gate of the subdivision, “I tried, but-yeah, I will do it again”

“What?” 

“Bye” he just said and walk away! WTH!!!-_-+

What’s going on with that guy? What’s his problem?!

Tss, i think he has mental issues. 

-----------

Eunji’s POV

We have quiz bee competition today with the popular Dream University and damn, I was lost. Were the hell did I go? I was just planning to go to the comfort room when I can’t find my way back. -_- I know I’m such a dumb to be lost in a place like this. But DUH! This school was really huge, I can’t even see the gym I came from.

I walk and walk when I saw a garden and in front of it was the large field. There was tree all over that made some of the corners shady; the plant box was also full of different kinds of flowers. *_*, Wow! This place was amazing!

I walk to the garden. It has a small gate and it was cute! I sit on the grass and look around. No students are roaming because the quiz bee will start in 30 minutes. I lay on the grass-

“Outsider” I quickly sit straight when I heard a voice somewhere. I look around but no one was around. I shiver when ghost cross my mind. I gulp and put my head on my knees. Oh please! Help me!! I don’t want to die! Huhuhuhu, :’(

“Hey!” the voice called again.

“No please!”

“What?!”

“Don’t!!” I covered my head and cry.

“Tss, stupid. Look up!” I stop crying but tears keep on flowing on my cheeks. I look up and saw a guy sitting on the tree branch looking at me with eyes asking ‘what the hell are you crying at?’

I was just looking at him frozen, he was… handsome. “Umm, w-what, I mean-”

“Shut up, you look stupid” he jump on the tree and pull a hanky on his pocket, he then throw it to me. He’s so gentle-dog.

“You refer me stupid twice and that was enough” I stand up but I think my knees turn to jelly when he look at me. Why so handsome huh? Did you claimed the word handsome when God throw it? Oh well, he has a face but what about the personality?! 

“I’m just telling the truth, freak” he it coldly and i find it cool. 

“Oh yeah? Tell you what? You also look stupid sitting on the branch. Monkey only do that thing” I smirk after I said that but as always he’s expression was still blank.

“That’s weird. Do I look like one?” he walk forward to me but I keep walking backward until I was tripped backward but good thing a bench was there. He came nearer and move his face closer. I knew my face was totally red because WTH?! He really looks handsome.

He looks at my face and his expression suddenly changes. It softens. He looks at me like he just finds out something that is impossible to find out. He stands up straight and pull me, “H-hey! Wait!” i was trying to let go from his grip but i can't. 

“I know you’re lost. We’re going back to the gym”

We reach the gym and like a bubble, he’s gone. Tss, as if I care, he’s just some stupid monkey who was sitting on the tree. Yeah, he’s a monkey-wanna-be. I was about to walk away when I feel I step on something… I look down and get a name tag or an I.D.

Kim Joon Myeon

And there’s something written on the back of the name tag.

Suho

And the picture on it was that guy.

-----------------------

Naeun’s POV

I call Eunji but she was not answering the phone so I lay on the bed and wait for someone who will take me out. I was tired a minute ago but I want to go out now. Tss, why did mom doesn’t want me to have a car? I don’t want to stare at the wall for an hour so I stand up and open the door. I was wearing a jeans and a shirt so I decided to go to the subdivisions park.

“Hi couz, how are you?” I think I was nailed on the ground when I heard that voice…

“Oh, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you I just get back. How are you? How is the doing?” 

No… I close my eyes as if I’m dreaming. Not now! She’s not back! She’s not!!! Urgh!

“Tss, is that a welcome for me? I know you don’t want me to be here but I just want to know how you’re doing” I open my eyes and yes, I was not dreaming. She was back… smiling at me.

……………………………………………..

I calmed myself after her return. She is such a brat not even telling me she would come back today. Tss! I will give her a slap as a welcome back from me later.

“Hey! You haven’t even talk when I get here. Do you really hate me that much?” she ask pouting and it was disgusting. She was not cute, definitely not!

She sigh, “I know I became a but can’t you see I did that for you?” she ask and that was the most stupid thing i hear from her. Being a because of me?! Duh! How can that be?!! How did she did that for me?! 

“Yeah” but in the end, someone lost his life. Erase! Erase! I’m not the old Naeun she once knew, she left me when I need her, she left me when he died, he was her life, she blame me and never let me explain. We are the victim and they don’t know what happen but this girl choose not to listen. I need someone that time but they all left me until I know no one is real in this world. All of them are fake. Like how they tell me they love me, that they care for me, that they will never leave me… they are all fake like a toy. Until Eunji was always there even I was pushing her away.

“I’m sorry. Can we start another friendship again?” she ask in the most ugliest tone i've ever heard. Friendship? Never.

“Huh? We are both a princess right?” i ask

“Of course! They all tell me I was a Flame Princess because I was hot, passionate, and lovely when it comes to boys” Say what?! Dream on!

“Yeah, so we shouldn’t became friends” i coldly say and look straight into her eyes. 

“Why not?” she ask, curiosity and sadness in her voice. Very good acting, dear cousin!

“I’m an Ice, you’re a Flame. But I’m different because no flame can burn an ice like me. You and Titania should hang out together”

“No! What?! Wait!” she stands up and hold my hand but i slap it away. 

“Call each other friend” I smile and left her hanging open. That’s what you get for hurting and leaving me just like we didn’t share a good friend relationship. You we’re important to me, I’m always at you’re side when you need me but that was before. You left me and you will never have a  Naeun to return. Not now, not never.

----------

Taemin’s POV

~Flashback~

“Duh! We only want that Ice Princess to cry. Just to cry, so will you please help us? Hmm?”

“Yeah, she never shows us an afraid or sad expression. She always wears a blank expressionless face”

“She never fails to make everyone like her”

“She’s always the star!!”

“And we want her out of our way!!” said the two girls in front of me. This was my first day in school but what the heck? Are they commanding me to do those stupid things? That was just normal for me. A girl falling for me but in the end I will leave that girl helpless and crying, swearing my name.

“Ice Princess huh?”

“Will you please?” they pout and gave me a smack. I smile.

Nice, everyday would be interesting.

~End of Flashback~

“I tried” I sit on the bed and decided to go out. It was just 4:40 so it was just early.

-------------------------

Naeun’s POV

I was at the park but no one was here, no children playing, no couples dating and no birds flying. There were vendors but you can count them because they’re too few. I open the gate of the garden and sit on the round bench where a round table was in front of it. Flowers are everywhere and grasses are all over the garden.

I smile when I remember something. I look at the tree and stand up. I tried to climb but I can’t. Urgh! I’m getting to pissed off but in the end I was reaching for the branch so I can finally say I can climb but oh no! I was lost of balance and because of that I fall….

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

on someone’s arm.

“Icy…” he looks at my face and then on my lips. But afterwards, he put me down.

“Thanks” i said and distance myself away from this jerk. 

“Welcome, why are you here anyway? And why are you climbing on that tree?” he ask again. He really wants to know everything huh?!

“So? Do I have to tell you the reason? Tss”

“Tss, stupid. You think you can climb in that tall tree?”

“You call me what?”

“Stupid”

“If I’m stupid, how can you define yourself for-” Kyaahhhh!!! This is the first time I was lost of words! I was lost of something to say!!! So humiliating!!! Urgh! Damn it!

“For?”

“Nothing!”

“Pfft!” he tried not to laugh but he did.

I walk away and bump on something- I mean someone.

He hold my hand and pull me, “Hey! Stop! You ert!”

“You look beautiful” he smell my neck and smile.

"Argh! Stop! Please!!"

[Flashback]

2 years ago...

“Help me! Stop it! Please” He torn my dress and my body was exposed. My tears fall…

“Naeun!!!!!” i turn my head and saw Kiyoshi running on my way. 

“Kiyoshi, help me” is all the words i can say...

He punched the guy who was on top of me again and again. I thought I was fine but 13 guys appear, they are all wearing black. Kiyoshi gave his coat to me and place it on my shoulders.

“Kiyoshi, let’s get out of here”

“No one’s getting out of here!!”a guy shouted that made me afraid and teary.

“Don’t you dare shout at her!”Kiyoshi shouted back. I was crying because I smell fight now and it was just Kiyoshi who would face them. I was afraid… not for me but for him, “No Kiyoshi, l-let’s just r-run”

But he never listened. The guys attacked him merciless and I was left there sitting while crying out for his name. He tried to fight… he really do. “Run Naeun! Run for your life!”

“No! I- I will never leave you” I stand up to help Kiyoshi but a guy punch me. I saw Kiyoshi became angry. He tried to stand up but a guy hit him with a stick on the head. “KIYOSHI!!!!!!” Oh my God, he’s bleeding.

“Damn you all!!!”I shouted and run at the guy who was still shocked because he hit him, I get the thick stick and did the basic sword fighting with them. But at the end, I was also bleeding…

“Let’s leave them now!”

“Yeah, we killed him! Let’s run!!”

I was still crying while crawling, “K-ki… k-kiyoshi” a tear fall on his face. He has blood all over him. And damn it! He was smiling at me even though he was in pain. Too much pain.

“N-na…n-naeun, smile f-for m-me. T-ti… T-titania d-did t-this” I was sobbing while hugging him. He can’t die! He can’t! I need him!!! I love him!!! I love my best friend!!!

“The police is coming. I’ve already dialed them when they were doing this to you. I will kill them, I will make them pay. Titania’s life would be miserable”

“N-no, b-be a g-good girl. S-smile” he smile and hold my hand, it was bloody. My tears fall again, I kiss him on the lips. He smile one last time and utter his final words, “I love you, sayonara” he close his eyes and my world suddenly stopped when his hand fell. I look at him, “No-no please, don’t! Don’t you dare leave me!!! I need you!!! Please” I hug him tighter and say the word ‘I love you’ again and again.

“Wake up!!! Please, don’t leave me! Please…” the police and ambulance came while I was still hugging him.

[End of flashback]

 

I was back to reality when I saw the fat guy on the ground and someone was hugging me. Again… someone protect me.

“Kiyoshi” I said that word again because I remember Kiyoshi.

Why? Why did you have you have to suffer? Why not just me?

“Shhh, I will protect you. I will” after those words, i feel fine and protected in his arms. 

============

Enjoy!