Chapter 23: The Corpse

When the Ice Princess and Casanova Fall in Love

Naeun’s POV

The five of us was standing in front of a heavy yet authentic door of the LS Hotel. It was gorgeous than ever. It was fancy than the last time I’ve been here. It was such a huge hotel. I wonder how Heaven can manage this business. Well, what’s the use of assistants and partners in business world, right?

I heave a sigh and the guards open the door for us. They are wearing black tuxedos. Such formal attire for a normal day, I look at Minho who seems to be nervous behind me. I pat his shoulder and I walk straight to the counter.

She gasps when she saw me, “Madam Naeun!” she said excitedly and held my hands who was on top of the counter. I smile when she still remembers me. Well, who can forgot such a girl like me, eh?

“Zoey, it’s been two years” I said and smile. I never thought that she’s so dedicated working in this hotel. The last time I check, she was just a janitress and now she was here at the receptionist desk in her formal attire. I thought we will never see each other again.

[Flashback]

“Eunji, I was just going for a walk” I said and didn’t wait for her answer. I quickly stormed out of the suite and walk on the lobby. I was roaming around my eyes when I saw the elevator. I smile as an idea popped on my mind.

I would go at the rooftop.

I push the button and it opened. I get in first and gave sharp glares to the other employee who was about to step in too. I gave them a dagger look and smile when the elevator closed. See? I was alone inside the elevator. Great! Because I don’t like intruders,

I reach the 70th floor and the elevator open. I look at the stairs that I need to climb before reaching the rooftop. Tss, what’s the use of elevator if we’re going to climb the stairs to reach the top? How frustrating. I thought this was a high classed hotel but this is definitely the lowest class!

I angrily climbed the stairs while killing Heaven on my mind. How can he brag about this hotel?! Idiot!

“No please… No! Ah!!” I raised my eyebrows when I heard the shouts. What the hell is going on?! I want to have peace and silence!!! Ah! My ears!

“No, stop!” then afterwards I heard cries and… laughs? Oh-kay? Is this a place for lunatics?!

I kicked the door and was surprise to see a… janitress and an employee making out?! What the heck! It’s a hotel not a motel!!! How can they do that here?! Urgh! What a shame for Heaven!! Now I hate that bastard! How can he let these things happen in his hotel?!

“H-help me, please” the girl cried as the guy gave me a maniac smile. Tsk, too bad I’m in a bad mood. I look at the guy who looks like he was having fun on top of the girl. What a scene! If only I disturbed them, I will quickly stormed out of the room and report this to Heaven but I guess it’s the other way around.

“Wanna join us, babe?” he ask while looking at my chest. Disgusting! I want to rip off his mouth and slit his head!!

I smirk, “Only if you can make me join you” I said and he smile, left the girl who’s dress was rip apart because of the ‘you-know-what-he-did-to-her’

He pulls my right arm and smells my hair. Good! I bent my knees and hit him on his private part, he knelt down in pain so I punch him on the face. He was cursing while glaring at me on the ground. I didn’t want to waste a chance so I punch him again. I twisted his left arm and he ached in pain.

He was about to strike me on my stomach when I kick his right hand and lay him on the floor. I get in top of him and punch him again and again until his face was covered in blood.

Wow! I miss this! I always do this in Love Academy, wherein war freaks and gangsters rule the school. Oh well, but because of the star six, I forget to fight.

I smile contentedly and look at the girl, she was shock. And afterwards she hugs me, “T-thank you so much!” she said while crying.

“Thank you so much” I parroted but she just smiles while crying. Tss, how stupid, smiling while crying?! Duh!

I gave her my jacket and tell her to wear it, “Call the security guard and report what happen, if they don’t believe you, call me. And by the way, I’m Naeun. Bye Zoey” I coldly said and walk away. I saw the pin on her dress so I read her name.  

“Thank you again madam! I won’t forget you!!” she shouts but I just roll my eyes and get in the elevator.

Now where will I go?!

[End of flashback]

Trish laugh because of the story, “Well, no wonder she got promoted, right?” Zoey nods at Trish answer. Taemin can’t believe that I can do those kinds of things, Minho too. Sulli was flabbergasted as ever. I was just having fun! He didn’t die anyway, so no serious faces, dude!

“Zoey, can you tell me what room number Heaven was staying?” she looks shock by my question. Who wouldn’t? He’s the owner of this hotel.

“B-but I can’t…” she said hesitantly and sigh,

“You owe me” I can’t think of anything to say, so I threaten her, no, I was just saying the truth, she owes me her safety. She breaths heavily and started typing on her computer.

“I know, of course I’ll tell you” she smiles again though I know it’s a faint one and she was hesitant doing it. But I need to know something,

“Naeun, do you think dad’s there?” Minho ask who was trembling in nervousness behind me. I just stay silent. I don’t want to end an answer without being sure of it. It’s just my instincts I trust for this situation. I just have to follow what my instincts say.

I just gave him a look and look back at Zoey.

“How did you know Sir Heaven?” she ask while seriously typing on her computer. What’s taking her so long?!

“He’s someone I knew” of course I won’t tell her that he’s my friend because he’s not. Maybe yes, because of Eunji, but I never like him since we first met.

“Oh, his room was….” Zoey look down on the floor, hanging the words on .

“What?” Minho ask impatiently.

“1812, 69th floor” she whispers and gave me a key. She looks around and I quickly get it. I don’t know why she trust me that she even gave me a key even though I don’t ask.

“Thanks for trusting me, even not knowing my reasons. But please, don’t tell this to Heaven” she nods and smile sweetly before we go to the elevator.

“Wow! How can someone trust you like that?” Trish ask, amusement in her eyes. I just shrug. I was surprise when Taemin hold tight of my hand and smile sweetly at me.

Oh damn! My heart was beating furiously again. I gave him a smile back.

“Is dad there?” Minho ask again, anticipation in his eyes. And for the second time, I didn’t answer because I wasn’t sure. I just held his hand and smile at him.

Taemin pulls me on his side that made Sulli and Trish giggle. I glare at him. What the heck is his problem?!

Then I remember something, “Where’s my gun?!” I shouted at him,

“Oh, that, here” he gave me the pellet gun and I put it on my jacket. This can be a help.

“Don’t you know I got scared when you point it on your chest? I almost fly just to get it away from you, and all this time, its fake?!” he exclaimed and sighs in embarrassment.

“Well, take the consequences of your gluttony” I smirk and everyone laugh. I frown, I’m not a clown!

*ting*

The elevator open and we walk out, “Minho, do you know why Liana died?” I ask, they all look at me.

“Why?” Sulli ask,

“23 stabs of knife, 2 gunshot” Trish gasp and look at me, fear cross her eyes. We are blood related so I know what she’s thinking. She’s thinking of the same thing I think when we were on the restaurant. She stops in her tracks and pull me on her side. They all look at us, confused.

“Est-ce que vous pensez à ce que je pense?” she ask so that they can’t understand, while fear began crossing her face. She was Japanese but she was born in France.

(It means: Are you thinking what I’m thinking?)

I can understand and speak French as well but not as good as her. I hold her hands and gave her a serious face, “C'est ce que je veux savoir” I whisper and gave out a sigh.

(It means: That’s what I want to find out)

“Hey, are you using an alien language?” Taemin ask and stop in front of us.

“I’m scared” she murmured and looks at me.

“Moi trop” I whisper and began walking again.

(Me too)

The three of them ask me what we talk about but the both us just kept silent.

“And I don’t know that’s how Liana dies” Minho said while curiosity was written all over his face.

“You don’t know?” I ask in the most obvious voice I can ever use. He nods, and curiosity strikes me again. It was getting mysterious and mysterious.

I look at an employee who was walking with lots of ball pen in his hands. I look at him and smile, “Can I have four of them?” I ask sweetly and heard Taemin’s silent protest.

“O-of course” he gave me four and I gave it to them. They all look confused,

“Just keep it” we’re half way on his room when I stop walking again. I look at the room in front of me and smile witchy. I kick the door and no one was around. I like kicking doors, right? Well, a hobby, I guess.

“Icy, what are we doing here?” I trespass the faculty room and saw the utilities room on the other side.

“If we’re going to go inside Heaven’s room with our casual wear, don’t you think it looks like we’re trespassing in his suite? So, we need a disguise” I look around and find a housekeeping uniform.

“You’re right”  

…………………..

I knock on the door, “Housekeeping” I said in a bored tone. Seconds passed and no one opens the door. Argh! It’s wasting my precious time!! Where the hell is he?!

I started knocking in a harsh way while they all look amuse at me, “HOUSEKEEPING!!” I shouted and no one open it again.

They were surprise when I kick the door. Yeah, I hate knocking so why not kick it, right?

“You know, he’s not here! You look stupid while knocking a while ago” Trish said and rolls her eyes. I was dumbfounded. She’s right. How stupid of me!!!

“Hey! That’s harsh!!” Sulli said but I don’t care.

I step inside but was there’s no one around.

I look at Trish and Sulli, “Be the look out” I smile and close the door while Minho and Taemin was right behind me. Wow! It’s like we are doing some kind of stupid mission here, with disguise and everything.

“Where’s dad?” Minho ask while roaming his eyes around. How many times have he already ask that?!

Just wait a minute Minho, I’ll find the answers right now.

“Just… clean. Act as if you’re cleaning” that’s all I can say. They gave me a questioning look but they did what I say. I breathe a long deep sigh. Aja! I can do this! Fighting!

“Icy” I look at Taemin,

“Hm?”

“Take care” he said and kiss my forehead.

Damn! Stop beating fast, heart! He can hear it!!!

………….

I was in front on this locked room again. Now I know the purpose of this key. Thanks Zoey.

My heart began racing fast again. I open it the last time but Heaven quickly locked it when he saw me.

I get the lock and put the key inside. The sound of the unlock door cover the hallway. How can someone have a big room like this?! It’s almost a house!

I open the door while my heart was beating faster than its normal beat. I step inside and switch the light on. I gasp loudly on the sight of the room. I want to shout but I can’t, I want to run but my knees turn to jelly, I want to cry, I want to go home.

Now I know who the killer is. Heaven, damn you bastard!

Blood on the carpet, blood on the walls. Blood everywhere…

 

 

 

 

 

 

And Minho’s dad…

 

 

 

corpse on the bloody floor.

“Naeun” I turn around to see Heaven holding a handkerchief. How the hell did he ing get in?! I stand up and run but he pull my arm and cover the handkerchief on my mouth. I tried to get off from his grip. I tried to fight and defend myself, but I… I can’t breathe, everything was a blur.

Ah! I can’t… breathe.

“Icy!!!”

Taemin…