Chapter 12: Date or Date?

When the Ice Princess and Casanova Fall in Love

Taemin’s POV

I didn’t know where to go that’s why I ask my brother where I can hang out,

“In the bar” I gave him a deathly glare,

“What? You said you want a place to hang out, right? So go in the bar!”

“Tss, where I can be all alone!!!” I shouted because of how slow minded he is,

“Ah! In the Golden Swan Subdivision Park!”

“It’s a subdivision! How can I pass there?”

“You can pass there even though you’re an outsider”

“Really?”

“Yes!”

“How come?”

“You’ll pay the guards” he smile like a child that’s why I hit him on the head. Oh well, maybe what he said was real!

……………………………

I was here at the park and yeah, there are just few people here. I walk inside and saw a garden. It has a small gate so I jump onto it. Hahahaha! I look around and saw a girl- oh wait! It’s Icy! She’s climbing the tree! Pfft! Hahahahaha!!! She looks like a child.

She lost out of balance so I quickly catch her. She was shocked seeing me but I can only look at her beautiful face. Then I felt guilt again remembering what I deal with the two girls on my first day…

I make fun of her that’s why she get mad. She was lost of words! Hahahaha!!! She walks away but I sit and continue laughing because of her priceless expression. I sit there for almost a minute or two before I go looking for her. But my eyes darkened when I saw a fat guy trying to kiss Icy. Icy was crying while trying to move away. I quickly run to them and punch the guy, I hug Icy and she was whispering something I can’t hear.

“Shhh. I will protect you. I will” I said and hug her tighter. The fat ing bastard run as I gave him a deathly gaze. How dare he ing do that to Icy?!! Damn him!!

I carry Icy and sit her on the bench in the garden. She was still hugging me but she wasn’t crying anymore. I tucked some of her hair in her ear and raise her head so I can see her face. Her eyes were red and so does her nose. I smile at her so that she may feel safe now. Safe here with me…

Really Taemin? Do you think you won't hurt her too?! 

I shook my head and continue comforting her

“Thank you” she almost whispers it but I clearly heard it. My heart jumps in happiness when she said that. I feel like I always want to protect her.

We were silent for half an hour. She was just looking far away while clenching her fist. There were sadness, fear and anger in her eyes but when you look at her face you will definitely knew that she was cold. That she gave everyone a rude behavior.

“Icy…”

“Hm?”

Tss, what will I do now? How can I make her happy and forget what happen?

“What do you usually do or-” she pulls me and we run,

“H-hey! Where are we going!!” she didn’t answer me and we keep on running and running until we reached the middle of the forest. Yeah, there’s a forest in this park. Oh well, I don’t know if it was a forest because there are many trees here. I didn’t speak as we keep on running and…

“Wow!” I exclaimed. The word ‘wow’ is not enough to describe the place.

“It was a carnival” she said not smiling but her eyes were twinkling in anticipation.

There were store, booths and peoples around. There were benches which have a different colors and designs, plant box was all over which is full of different kinds of flowers.

“When night came, they will switch all the lights in this place, they have different color that’s why it feels like you’re in the universe looking at the stars. When 8:00 strikes, fireworks will illuminate the sky…” I feel excited of what she says.

“And when you cross the next forest you will see a pond with a small bridge. And then at the tree there you will see a bungalow tree house. The place was also full of different colors of lights and when 6:00pm came, the lights will automatically open. Then you can open the roof and watch the fireworks there” Wait! How did she know all this things?

“And when you cross the next forest, the elite school named ‘Love University’ can be seen and that’s where I came from 2 years ago”

“How did you know all of this?” we sit on a rainbow colored bench and she began,

“We were six that time. We are all friends and we have our freedom. That was the first 3 months of the school year. We planned to build a place where we can go during break time and free time. We searched the place until we all run and run and then we found a space inside the forest. There was a pond in the center so I give my opinion that we can build a bridge above it. They also said that we should build a tree house and then we are so happy when we saw the outcome. We realized that the place will be more beautiful if we put lights around the surrounding. This carnival… we also did this place, we rent vendors and booths so students and outsiders and enjoy this place that’s why everyone was allowed to go inside the subdivision. The empty park was the hide out of the gangsters…”

“Gangsters?” I ask. I was fascinated of her story. So, she has friends before… but what happen?

“The Love University was a school for gangsters that’s why I learn some sword fighting, just the basics. I also learn how to defend myself not until the most horrible scene happened in my life. The school was hidden because only rich kids can go there. We are happy, we are all friends until one of us decided to be a gang master, the other one wants to dethrone the campus princess and the other one played with my heart” she then laugh bitterly, “We were broken, they were all my best friends but they leave me. But one of them remain by my side”

“All your names are?”

At first she was hesitating to tell it but she gave up, “Me, Kiyoshi, Kyohei, Suho, Trishia and Titania…” I was shocked because she and Titania Hayashi, the bad girl of the school was friends before?!

“I know what you’re thinking. But that’s how life played with us, that’s how fate toyed us”

“What happen?”

“I told you, they all want to go in their own paths”

“What about-”

“I love Kyohei who was Titania’s brother, Kiyoshi loves me and he was my best friend though I also love him because like I said he’s my best friend. Titania likes Kiyoshi but unfortunately, Kiyoshi fell in love with me. That’s why Titania ask his brother to break my heart and yes he did, he used and break me like I’m just a ing toy! Titania also plan to killed me but then Kiyoshi saves me but he lose his life. To make the damn story short, he died for me and the reason of his death was Titania, the girl who loved him. Trishia on the other hand was angry at me because she taught I break our friendship that’s why she left. They are all ing fake friends, they damn hurt me, they killed my best friend and they ruin my life. *sobs* I- I was messed up and *sobs* I was hurt… hardly… deeply” she bit her lip so no sobs will came out but she can’t control it, she cried.

I pull and hug her. She has her hands on her face, “He died because of me. I- I was the reason of his death”

“Shhh, it’s ok. Don’t cry anymore”

“T-they m-mess m-me up. D-damn… them” she was still crying and I don’t know what to do. I was just hugging her.

All she said, all her past, all of it was painful. That’s why she never wants anyone to be her friend. That’s why she said she was broken into pieces like a toy. That’s why she’s angry at Titania and now I know why her eyes were so cold because she isolates herself. She believed that when she moved away with everyone, no one will hurt her anymore.

“F-fake, they’re all fake! Damn it!”  I raise her head and kiss her. I don’t want to hear any cuss from her again, I don’t want to hear her sobs anymore. I don’t want to hurt her, I want to protect her.

She tries to push me away but I just tightened my grip at her. She was not kissing me back but after a minute, she did. My brother told me that when a girl was crying, I just need to kiss her and she will not cry anymore. He also said that 'kissing is comforting a girl' but hell! My heart was beating to ing fast I thought it was on a race.

----------------------------

Sulli’s POV

I was at the cemetery right now bringing flowers to my deceased half brother. He was Japanese and I was Korean. We both have the same father but not the same mother. I meet him when I was 7 years old, we are at the same age and I became fond of him. Minho, me, him, and myung-soo are best friends. But when we moved to France we lost communication with Minho and Myung-soo because they didn’t come at the same school.

Everyday my brother would call me and told me about a special girl. And I know he likes her. He was always happy talking to me and then everything was like a nightmare when dad told me he was dead. I cry and cry all nigh cursing who ever did that to him. He died because of a serious head injury that all the nerves in his brain didn’t function at all.

Then at his wake, I look around if I can find an unfamiliar face. I was trying to find that special girl he always talked to me but I didn’t find her. Then when I wake up the other day, I was just angry at the girl, she didn’t even go to my brother’s wake. At the last day of my brother's wake, I was walking when I saw a girl hiding behind a tree. She was sitting there and sobbing. I was about to go to her when she run away. And I knew that was the girl… I might not saw her face but I feel that it was her.

“I miss you brother” I said as tears fall into my eyes.

I shouldn’t have left you before, Kiyoshi. I shouldn’t have…

----------------------

Taemin’s POV

We are here at the tree house because she fell asleep while I’m kissing her. Tss, it was so embarrassing because people around us laugh. A romantic scene that become a comedy because the lead actress fell asleep while we’re kissing. Just nice, isn’t it? *insert sarcasm here*

It was 7:45 now. She sleep for almost 2 hours and when I saw the lights that automatically I can’t help but to say ‘wow’. I was at the terrace of the tree house and all I can say is that it’s very beautiful. The tree house was also huge that it has a couch, ref and T.V inside. The tree house was a two storey.

“ERT!!!!” I almost jump out of the house because of her shout.

“Hey! What are you shouting at?!”

“Huh? Ah- N-nothing. I- I was just dreaming”

Maybe she was referring about the kiss. Pfft! Hahahahha!!! She taught she was dreaming?! What the hell!!!

“What are you laughing at? And why are we here?” she ask and sits on the bed.

I pull her hand and took her at the terrace.

“I remember that day… when we all shared laugh at this place”

“Opps! Don’t cry anymore!” I said and put my hands on her shoulder that made her froze.

“Tss! Get your hands off me!”

Hahahah! The Ice Princess was back once again.

*Booghs*

*boogsh*

I covered my ears because I taught someone was hitting us with a gun but when I heard Icy’s laugh I look at her and said “What?”

“Stupid! Look at the sky!!” she said and hit me,

“Aww!” I stand up and look at the sky,

“Isn’t it beautiful?”

“You too”… erase! That wasn’t right!

“I will declared this day as a date…” i said absent minded. 

“D-date?”

“Yup” *evil smile*

“Feb. 2” she said,

“What?”

“You’re asking for the date right?”

“Urgh! You’re so slow minded!” I pull her and kiss her forehead,

“H-hey! M-maniac!”

I laugh as fireworks illuminate the sky.

I was happy because she's happy that somehow i removed half of her pain away,

----------------

Naeun's POV

Thank you Taemin. Thank you for today...

"Hey! You! Dont tell anyone about my past, got that?"

He smile and nod. I smile too and look at the sky as a heart formation forms because of the fireworks. 

=============

Enjoy!

Guys, sorry for the wrong grammar and spellings!

And at the last chapter, yeah it was a flashback. And sorry if it was a little bit confusing. Thank you! ^_^v