Chapter 21: Fear

When the Ice Princess and Casanova Fall in Love

Preview:

      I pull the fake safety lock and acted as if I were to pull the trigger.

Naeun’s POV

[New York]

How do we get here? I also don’t know. I was out of my mind when we board the plane. The very next day I told them I knew Heaven, they barged in the house without any word. Mom, dad and even Trish were happy seeing that I have visitors. Well, just simply because it’s the first time that this kind of things happen.

But I was…

[Flashback]

When I was going down the stairs, I glared at them for disturbing my sleep. They should understand that I’m tired scooping my mind last night to have some information’s, like ‘where did Heaven lived in New York’ and Liana… she’s back? I thought she died long time ago…

 He brings us there 2 years ago, so fortunately because of Eunji, I did remember the place. I immediately call Sulli that time and told her everything I know and I didn’t know that they will go here early this morning just because of that.

“We’ll leave. Now. No buts” she said straightforward when we are left all alone.

“What the hell? Can’t you even do ‘good mornings?”I ask sarcastically. They disturbed my sleep just because of that? Uh! Ok, my y side was showing again. I don’t really like disturbance, definitely while sleeping.

And I just realized, Taemin… was not here.

“Ok, good morning! Can we go now? I already arrange everything. From the school’s permission, to your parents and to Cav’s guardians too. I even call them late at night from Switzerland just to ask Cav’s permission” she smiles and I gave her a frown. That’s the perks of being the only heiress of a wealthy family. So many connections.

“Ditch classes huh” I never want to ditch class but since Taemin and I did it for the first time, I feel so happy, plus the feeling he made me feel when he confess to me.

I smile remembering the scene.

“We’re not going to ditch class. How can you say it ditching class if I have the school’s permission? And besides, we can have a vacation, uh, I mean, a hot interrogation there” she corrected and smile at Minho for reassurance that everything’s going to be alright.

Anyway, why isn’t he saying any word since he came here? Weird.   

“Yeah, cause I’m your only hope to find that jerk’s mom (I said hesitantly coz I’m not sure If Liana’s isn’t dead yet) and Minho’s dad in the fastest way. But… where’s Taemin?” I murmured but they seen to hear it.

“Don’t worry, the prince will never leave you unguarded” I smile when she said that. She’s right, I know he would never leave my side. And because of that, Minho chuckle too.

But to my surprise… he didn’t even entertain us to go inside. We're here, standing on their gate, stiff. He didn’t show, he didn’t come out even though I’m here… his girlfriend. To my horror, he said in a text message that he’s not coming. Saying I was shocked would be an understatement.

I don’t know but my tears fall surprisingly. I walked back to the car and wipe my tears to hide my sadness from them. What is wrong with him? And what is wrong with me?

“Are you ok?” Minho asked while sitting on the driver’s seat while Sulli on the passenger’s seat looking at me with concern. I didn’t even felt they get in.

“Not once in my life I feel ok. I always feel worst” I was trying to make a joke and smile but that’s probably an obvious fake smile.

“You’re very brave that you didn’t banged their gate and shout for him to get out. But not brave enough to cry for stupid reasons. He’s not worth your tears” Minho was looking at me with amazement and amusement but there’s still the anger and concern.

“I won’t cry just because of simple things-” I tried to defend myself when he said I’m not brave enough but no luck because a stupid tear falls from my stupid freaking eyes again. I can’t believe I look so pathetic in front of them, crying like a lost kid. I hate it. 

Sulli quickly get out and sit beside me, “I think we should postpone the-”

“No, we’ll go. He said he won’t go and I think we need to understand it” I coldly said that made Sulli stiff. I’m using this tone again, the cold and harsh one. I thought I can never talk like this again but it seems I’m wrong.

“A-are you sure?” Minho ask and I slightly nod.

I took a deep sigh. I can’t believe he didn’t come… I can’t believe he left me unguarded.

I think promises are made to be broken.

[End of flashback]

I was back to my senses when someone snaps a finger in front of me.

“Trish? What on earth bring you here?” I was not really surprise because I knew intruders will come.

“Wow! I miss you too” she said sarcastically that I only roll my eyes.

“Let’s say, there’s someone who was worried and concerned for your safety” she smiles and lay on my bed. Who did she think she is for doing that? I gave her a death glare before pushing her out of my bed. She protest but I made her shut up.

Oh of course, I know who is concerned for me. No other than mom! cause it’s the first time I was going out of the country without her and dad. She’s a health conscious mom so I know she just want to make sure if I’m eating healthy foods. I was forbidden to eat street foods and drink liquors that’s why she send her agent here. What a waste!

I tsked before answering, “I can manage by myself, I don’t need some random chaperon like you. And whoever it is whoever send you here, tell that person I’m not a stupid kid anymore” I lay on the bed while she just watch me. I feel so angry, disappointed and pathetic hoping that he would come. I was so tired! Physically, mentally and emotionally so I choice to close my eyes and drifted to sleep.

“Ok” Trish replied and walk out of the room dialing a number on her phone

[Next Day]

“Are you sure you’re ok? Can we talk normally about the plan, and about Anderson and Liana?” Minho ask for the nth time so I gave him my sharp stare, stabbing him with a knife on my mind.

“How many times do I have to tell you that since birth I’m never fine?” I coldly ask and put the sling bag on my shoulder. We’ll go on a nearby restaurant to talk. I don’t really like hotel restaurants.

“But I was just asking. Naeun, I’m worried about you” he said and I feel so guilty because of my actions and words. I was diverting my anger to him, though I never said a word. I kept silent. But his nonstop blabbering got me irritated again.Can't he just shut his mouth?

“And by the way, did you two already talk- whoa!” he froze when I saw the thing I’m holding. I pointed it to him and he froze again, mouth open. I got irritated so I pull out my pellet gun, and point its nose on his forehead.

He was shocked and I want to laugh on his expression. I always have this for protection.

“Any death wish or parting words?” I copied the cool voice of Angelina Jolie and Maggie Q. when I say that. Oh! I should have been awarded because of this!

“Oh my God” Sulli gasp seeing the sight before her eyes, I pull the fake safety lock and acted as if I were to pull the trigger.

“No! Please!”- Sulli

“Sh*t! W-wait N-naeun!” Trish

I look at Sulli and Trish who was shocked because of me. Trish was wearing a nerdy glass and a long coat.

“Well, I guess Sherlock Holmes was a little bit early to come” I sarcastically said while looking at Trish. shot open and Sulli started to have the teary eyes.

I quickly put down the gun and smile, “It’s just an air gun, don’t be so serious. So ridiculous” I said and walk out of the room. I left them shocked and scared. Ha-ha! I can’t believe I pull a deadly stunt like that. If you can ever see their faces, you’ll laugh your throat out.

-----------------

Sulli’s POV

The three of us watch Naeun get out walking like there’s nothing happen. I didn’t even realize I was holding my breath for the scene that would happen. I was thinking how will I protect and shield Minho from the bullet and all was just a… a freaking joke? Hell!

“My god” I breath in and out while looking at Minho.

“Phew! She’s really insane. How can she do that?!” Minho ask pale,

“I remember she did the same thing with Kyohei, but she used a hunter’s knife that time” Trish said as if she just remember something that shouldn’t be forgotten… that Naeun was not an ordinary girl!

I quickly run and hugs Minho, “I thought… oh Minho” I buried my face on his chest and hugs him tight.

*boogsh*

The door banged open as if someone kicked it and…

“What’s taking you three so long? I hate waiting and this gun doesn’t even have a bullet inside it, so stop over acting coz I’m freaking hungry” she said it in a harsh way and gave us a glare. A scary stare to be exact,

“Y-yes!” the three of us answers while stuttering,

“Oh! And how sweet” she winks and walk away again.

I quickly get away from Minho and clear my throat. Trish smirk and whistle.

“Shut up”

-----------------

Naeun’s POV

On the restaurant yet they’re still scared! What have I done? I didn’t even kill someone! They are so overacting!!!

I sigh and strike the table that made them jump in surprise, “Listen to me”

“Of course” Trish was smiling playfully because I did that kind of scene before… to his beloved Kyohei. If I can go back to that time, I will surely kill him right then and there. I shouldn’t have wasted the chance.

“Two years ago, Heaven Anderson Smith brought me and Eunji here. In his condominium which their family owns, the LS Hotel, which exactly was given to him by his… err, mother Liana who died also two years ago” I said and everyone was shock.

“But, how can that happen? They say Liana’s still alive. If she’s not, my father should be here by now!” Minho shouts, getting some attention.

“Do you want me to buy a bullet and kill you on the spot?” he didn’t speak and acts as if zippering his mouth. Trish laugh but become serious again while waiting for my next words.

“Eunji met him on a bar in Korea. She even liked him, I just consider him as a friend because of Eunji. One day, he ask us to go to New York to meet her mother, I protest that I don’t want to come but Eunji was so importunate, so I ended going with them. He let us sleep on his condominium free. He led us to a beautiful and artistic cemetery, at the ‘Golden Graveyard’, it sounds creepy but so beautiful and enchanting inside…”

“He introduced us to Liana Smith, his mom, while looking at the gravestone. He’s sad, so sad I can see it in his eyes, but I don’t give sympathy but pity. Eunji tried to ask him about his father but he just said his father was in Korea”

“Liana was dead, I saw the pictures during her wake and mourn. She was beautiful, with a blonde long hair and those lovely blue eyes which Heaven get from her. And it was such a mystery why he’s saying his mom was still alive” I ended and look at them,

“What the hell?!”- Minho

“Sh*t, did he know this will happen?”- Sulli,

“Damn! He’s such a clever jerk!”- Trish

And I gasp when I remember something…

“The gun, the knife, the room… the… blood” I whisper and it sends shiver down my spine.

I look at them, horrified.

“W-what? What happen?” Sulli ask, also scared because of my expression.

It can’t be…

Why? Why did I just realize it now? Why didn’t I put my attention to it before? Why didn’t I investigate on it before!

I was breathing heavily while they were asking me questions but my ear didn’t seem to hear it.

The pain in his eyes… the locked room. His cries… the sadness…

 

 

 

 

The regret and… happiness on his eyes as well.

He looks like a different person that time. Different emotions that I though his going to passed out.

 

He didn’t… no!

He couldn’t have…

I look at Minho who was looking at me with concern, “M-minho” I whisper and cry.

I was… I was so scared by my own idea. 

They kept on asking me the most stupid question, 'Are you ok?' but i just cry and sob. 

I can't believe it!

-----------------

Weird right? ^_^