Chapter 3

87 Steps to Kim Jongdae

 

 

 

(La la la la la la) What’s your name? What what is it?
(La la la la la la) What’s your name? What’s what’s your name?
(La la la la la la) What is it? What is it? What’s your name?
(La la la la la la) What’s what’s what’s what’s what’s what’s your name?

 


“Turn it off.” Eunsol mumbled as she eyed Jieun who is sitting 6 seats apart from her while singing to 4minute’s song on purpose. She’s singing it way too loudly because she’s teasing Eunsol about forgetting to ask the name of the guy that she was talking about.

 

“Why?” Jieun asked acting all innocent. Teasing her best friend was one of her hobbies.

 

“You’re not helping at all.” Eunsol slumped on her desk as she sighed deeply. It’s been a week since he last met the 87th guy. And thinking of him just makes her remember how stupid she was for not asking for his name.

 

“How could I forget to ask for his name?” She mumbled to herself. It was the basic question you have to ask to a stranger. So how come she forgot to ask him?

 

It’s because of him! It’s his fault! I didn’t treat him like a stranger because he didn’t act like one. He was too comfortable to be with and all. That’s why I forgot. Eunsol tried to make herself feel better by blaming him. And it kind of worked.

 

She suddenly straightened up. “What if I try to think of his name?” She thought to herself as she grabbed a piece of paper and pen. But as she was just about to write, she thought of something. “No. This won’t work.” Eunsol crumpled the paper and just banged her head lightly on the table.

 

“Just thinking of him makes my head hurt. Literally.” She mumbled as she gently massaged her forehead. “Aish. This .”

 

Out of exhaustion, she just decided to give up and grab her pen and that's when she found herself scribbling on a random piece of paper.

 

“When will I meet you again?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yes. I already enrolled at your school.” Jongdae beamed at Minseok over the phone as he adjusted his necktie using his left hand. Perfect. He nodded to his reflection in the mirror with a smile. Now he's all ready for school.

 

“When are you going to start?”

 

Jongdae smiled. “Today.”

 

“That’s great. Tao and Luhan would be really happy to see you again.”

 

"Me too. I can't wait to see them again." Jongdae glanced at his watch. He only has 30 minutes left before his class starts. “I think I have to go now. I don’t want to be late on my first day.” He said as he started to walk towards the door.

 

“Jongdae-ya,”

 

“Mmm?” He asked as him in response.

 

“Are you really okay now? What about---“

 

Jongdae suddenly stopped walking and turned stiff. “I’m fine.” His happy tone suddenly changed into a cold one. “See you at school.” He told him before he ended the call.

 

And with just that his mood was slightly ruined.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Eunsol-ah, it seems as if you’re done with our homework in Literature. Can I copy yours?” Jieun asked Eunsol as she sat in front of her.

 

Eunsol looked up at her. Her hair was slightly messed up and she was a little sleepy. “Homework? Literature? What are you talking about?” She asked her in confusion. She doesn’t remember ever having a homework in Literature.

 

Jieun showed her the questions that Mr. Jung told them to answer during their last meeting. Eunsol’s eyes widened. Now she remembers it.

 

“What’s happening to you? How come you’re forgetting so many things these days?” Jieun told her as she playfully patted Eunsol’s back. “Are you okay?”

 

“I’m fine. Thanks for worrying Lee Jieun.” Eunsol mumbled with a sarcastic smile.

 

Jieun smiled back. “You’re very much welcome.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Eunsol wrote the answers that Jieun copied from their another classmate in her notebook as fast as she could. Literature was their first class. Cramming on the first day of the week for the first class. Great. A very refreshing start Park Eunsol.

 

She was already halfway through but then, the thing that she’s been trying to avoid suddenly happened. The door opened and Mr. Jung already walked in. She bit her lip hard as she watched him walk towards the center. “Why is he always so punctual?”

 

“Today we’ll be having a transfer student.” He announced to the class.

 

Eunsol’s lips stretched into a thin smile. She has found hope all thanks to the transfer student. Whoever you are, I’ll be sure to pay you back for this sometime. With that, she immediately crammed, not even bothering to wait for the transfer student to come inside.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“My name is Kim Jongdae. I just came back from China. I hope we’ll treat each other well.” Jongdae introduced himself with a polite smile and then he bowed.

 

As usual, the girls were already falling for his looks and polite attitude. And the guys were unhappy. He was just an addition to the flower boy group who happens to steal the hearts of every girl who happens to be at their school. Everyone’s attention was on him. Except for one student.

 

Park Eunsol.

 

His smile widened even more.

 

He expected her to be on his class but he didn't think that she wouldn't even spare him a glance during his introduction. What could be more important than me? He wondered.

 

How does he know that she belongs to his class? Simple. He just happened to see her name on the list of the students who belongs to 2-B while he was waiting for the teacher to come and pick him up. He didn’t ask to be on her section or anything. It was purely coincidental.

 

This school year will be fun. He thought as he was still looking at her who won’t even bother to look at him.

 

“For your seat---“

 

Jongdae turned to Mr. Jung. “I’d like to sit beside someone I know.” He politely told the teacher. Mr. Jung nodded, giving him his permission. With that, Jongdae walked towards Eunsol’s direction with a big grin.

 

I really wonder how she would react. He thought as he stared at her who is still busy writing something.

 

 

 

 

 

 

While everyone was too busy with the transfer student, Eunsol was busy with her homework. She was almost done. 2 more items and everything’s okay. She was about to continue writing but she realized that everyone on the classroom went silent. And they’re all staring at her.

 

“What is it?” She quietly  asked the person sitting in front of her.

 

He simply pointed the person standing on Eunsol’s right side. She turned to her right and to her biggest surprise, it was the guy she met a week ago. The guy who agreed to go on a date with her. The same guy that she's been looking for.

 

“No. 87!” She gasped as she pointed at him. Eunsol didn’t notice her pen falling off her desk in the process.

 

87? His brows slightly furrowed at what she called him. But he didn't let it get to him.

 

He slowly bent down to pick her pen up and then he handed it to her. “Nice to meet you again Eunsol-ah.” Jongdae gave her a heartwarming smile. “Did you miss me?”

 

 

 

 

 

3rd chapterrrr~

 

<3333

tumblr_n07eq2XFOn1t5ucv5o1_250.gif

 

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR TOMORROW GUYSSSS!

 

:)