Chapter 2

87 Steps to Kim Jongdae

 

 

 

 

 

“How about going around for a date?” Eunsol asked him as her heart hammered loudly beneath her chest.  Her voice trembled as her lips stretched into a forced and awkward smile. And she prayed that he won’t notice it.

 

She didn’t know how to say it. How do you ask a stranger out in a cool way? What’s more is, his expression was stone cold from the start. That made everything worse. He wasn’t responding to every question she asked so she assumed that he was not interested.

 

Well, who would be interested right? He’s probably thinking that I’m just playing a prank on him or something.

 

Eunsol was about to just give up talking to this guy but unexpectedly, the corner of his lips slowly moved upwards. And that small action was enough to enlighten his whole face.

 

 He was….. smiling. Right? Eunsol stared at him in awe. Earlier he looked as if he was ready to kill me or something and just 3 seconds after, his expression quickly changed. Is he bipolar?

 

He suddenly grabbed her wrist and linked his arm with hers. “Let’s go.” His voice was warm and soothing. He grinned as he started to walk, gently dragging her along with him.

 

Eunsol flushed red as she moved away from him. She wasn’t used to this. She’s never been held by a guy before. So her reaction was like that. But among all the guys she met, this guy was something. Just a few minutes ago, he was cold and all and now he’s smiling and he’s even linking his arm with her. What the heck? She didn’t expect someone like him to just easily say ‘yes’ and even be too enthusiastic about it.

 

“I-I’m a stranger! Why are you agreeing with me so easily? What if I’m a bad person? Huh? What are you going to do-----“ She was going to continue on rambling but the guy suddenly leaned forward to her and examined her face thoroughly. His face was nearly an inch away from hers.

 

“Are you?” His breath tickled her as he spoke, making the hair at the back of her neck rose.

 

Her thoughts was disrupted because of his sudden actions. Her mind was too blurry to catch up on what he was saying. This guy… is really something. Eunsol thought at the back of her mind as she gazed at him. “W-what did you say?” She stuttered as she tried to move her head away.

 

“I’m asking if you’re a bad person.”

 

Eunsol immediately shook her head as she waved her hands in front of him. “No! I’m not a bad person! I’ve never even called to the Guidance Office or something! I’m not bad.” She explained. She just didn’t want him to think of her wrongly. She doesn’t want him to get the wrong impression on her.

 

“Thought so.” He smiled as he linked held her arm and started to walk. “Date right? So where do you plan on going on this very nice weather?” He teasingly asked her with a wide grin knowing that she’ll be flustered and all.

 

And he was right.

 

She was so flustered.

 

Eunsol blinked twice as she absorbed his words. “Where to go?” She asked, repeating his last question while trying to think straight despite of her consciousness telling her that he was nearly holding her hand.

 

His hand is warm. She thought with a small blush. She’s never held a guy's hand before. Ever.

 

He smiled as he shook his head in amusement. “You didn’t think about this didn’t you?” It sounded more of a mockery than a question.

 

“What about going to the library? It looks fun there.” She suggested without thinking twice. She was caught off guard and she never really thought that someone would agree to her ridiculous plan. And that’s why she never thought of place to go. Everything was so messed up. Aish. Why didn’t I plan it?

 

His right eyebrow slightly moved upwards. “Library?” His tone was slightly higher than before. “That’s not a fun place. And a librarian will always tell us to be quiet and all.” He slightly pouted. Clearly he’s not amused of the idea of having their date at the library.

 

He’s cute. Eunsol watched him silently. This guy was different from the rest. He seemed to be someone who makes his decision as fast as a lightning without thinking twice.

 

“Let’s just go eat somewhere.” He told her as he take hold of her hand and pulled her closer to him as he walked. “It’ll be my treat.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“One of this, and that. And two of those. And.. uh.. 3 of that.” He pointed his finger to different foods in the menu list. The waitress quickly listed down all of his orders.

 

Then he turned to her. “What about you? What are you going to order?” He chirped happily.

 

Eunsol’s eyes widened. “So those are only for you?” She asked him in disbelief. He’s going to eat all those?

 

He nodded with a smile. “Yep.”

 

So he has a big appetite. Eunsol thought as she scanned the menu to find something good to eat.

 

Eunsol tapped her chopsticks on the brim of her bowl as she eyed him quietly. There’s this one thing that she’s wanting to ask him but she just couldn’t.

 

“Is there anything you want to say?” He asked her as he looked up to meet her eyes.

 

Eunsol’s lips twitched to the side. “Are you… some kind of a psychic? How come you always know what’s on my mind?” She mumbled with furrowed brows.

 

“I’m not. It’s just written all over your face.” He told her as he plopped a sushi in his mouth. “So what was it that you wanted to ask me?” He asked her.

 

Written all over my face? What the heck? Eunsol thought as she touched her cheeks and forehead. And she realized that he was chuckling at her. Eunsol straightened up and tried to act normal.“Why.. I was just wondering why you agreed to go out on a date with me so easily. That’s all.” She mumbled uncomfortably.

 

He stared at her. “Would you like it more if I didn’t agree?”

 

Eunsol leaned closer to him. “Aren’t you even going to ask me why I asked you out?” She asked him in curiosity.

 

“If I asked, would you tell me?”He asked her. His tone was challenging and there was a bit of mockery in it at the same time.

 

He's not answering any of my questions. Eunsol leaned back in silence, wondering if she should tell him or not. She was worried that he’ll feel bad or feel disappointed by the fact that she just chose him because of her score on her English examination.

 

“It’s okay. There’s no need to tell me. I didn’t even ask.” He mumbled with a reassuring smile.

 

 

 

 

At the streets,

 

"You don't seem so familiar around here. Where are you from?" Eunsol asked him. She noticed that he is not really acquainted with the places they've gone through.

 

He placed his fingers inside his pocket. "Just... somewhere down there." He reasoned out. “So where do you want to go next Eunsol-ah?” He asked her as he simply sipped on his frappe steering the conversation into a different direction..

 

Her eyes widened as she turned to him. “How do you… know my name?” She mumbled in shock. She never recalled telling him her name. Ever.

 

He simply pointed to her nametag, which was pinned on her left chest with his mouth. “Park Eunsol.” He mumbled with a smile.

 

She eyed him. Her ears were filled with his voice. Everyone calls you by your name but only one person can make it sound so damn special. Is it only because of his voice? Or is it because of him?

 

“Am I too good looking?” He grinned. “You’ve been staring at me for quite a while now. Is it your first time seeing someone so handsome?” He .

 

Her cheeks turned crimson. “NO!” She exclaimed without thinking.

 

The guy in front of her slightly frowned. “So I’m ugly?” His tone sounded disappointed.

 

She immediately shook her head. “It was a misunderstanding!  You’re not ugly! But you---“

 

And with just that, his face brightened up in an instant. “So I’m really handsome?”

 

“Yes.” Eunsol admitted with a straight face. He was handsome after all. Anyone would probably think the same. What’s so wrong with denying a fact right?

 

He nodded victoriously. “I knew it.”

 

Eunsol was about to argue but suddenly, her phone rang. It was her friend, Jieun.

 

“Eunsol-ah where are you?”

 

Eunsol looked around and in no time she recognized the place. “I’m currently at Myeongdong.”

 

“What time is it?”

 

She glanced at her watch. “It’s already 4:15.” She simply answered her.

 

“Are you sure you’re not forgetting anything?”

 

Eunsol’s brows furrowed. “What is it?” Eunsol asked. Is there anything that she’s forgetting? After school she always goes to her part time---“Oh no!” She gasped as she realized that she has a job to attend to.

 

“Why aren’t you here yet? You’re already 15 minutes late!” Jieun told Eunsol from the other line.

 

“Okay! I’ll be there real quick.” She told her friend and then she turned to Jongdae.

 

“I have to go now. I forgot that I have to do something. Anyways, I had fun! Thank you!” She told him as fast as she could as she gave him a small bow. And after that, she ran away not even giving him the chance to speak.

 

Jongdae eyed her who was getting smaller and smaller from his sight. “You’re seriously going to regret not asking for my name Eunsol-ah.” He mumbled to himself as she shook his head a little.

 

“How could you forget about your job Eunsol-ah? Manager Jang will be mad if he finds out that you’re late.”

 

“I was on a date!” Eunsol defended herself.

 

“Date? You think I would believe you? I’m not your friend for nothing Eunsol-ah. Stop lying. Why are you late?”

 

Eunsol pouted. Her friend, Jieun doesn’t even believe her. “IT’S REALLY TRUE!”

 

“Really? What’s his name?”

 

“His name is----I FORGOT TO ASK HIS NAME!” She whined like a kid as she stomped on her feet, throwing tantrums around.

 

“Stop lying and just get here fast okay? There are so many customers.” Jieun told her as she ended the call.

 

Eunsol slapped her phone on her forehead. “How stupid could I get? How could I forget to ask for his name?” She mumbled dejectedly as she sighed.

 

“Just what is his name?” She asked herself as her shoulders deflated.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi there 56 subbies! I'm so shocked that there's so many subs already even though it only has one chapter..

 

THANK YOU GUYS! TT.TT

 

I hope you liked it so far. ^^

 

Till the next update~ <3

 

 

large.gif