Chapter 16

87 Steps to Kim Jongdae

 

 

 

Tao sluggishly rubbed his left eye, trying his best to stay awake as he slid the thick green book inside Minseok’s locker. It’s the book he borrowed from his Umin hyung but he failed to read it since he was too lazy to. And Minseok asked him to bring it back since Eunsol wants to borrow it.

 

Tao smiled. “I guess things are going fine between those two.” he mumbled as he closed the locker door.

 

And that’s when he saw Eunsol from not so far away. “Maybe I should hand it over to her personally.” he thought as he opened the locker and grabbed a green book, not even bothering to look at it. “Noona! Eunsol-noona.” he called her as he waved happily.

 

Eunsol turned around and smiled as he saw him. She was just about to leave after placing another fortune cookie inside Jongdae’s locker when Tao saw her. “Tao! Hello!” she greeted him with a smile.

 

Tao ran over to her. “This.” He handed her the book he was holding. “Minseok hyung said you want to read it right? Here it is.” he told her with a happy grin.

 

Eunsol took it with a smile. “Thanks! I’ll read it well.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

6/18/13

 

First day of classes. Today is the first time I met Eunsol-ssi. I will never forget this memorable rainy day. Will it rain again tomorrow?? I hope it rains. And I hope she won’t have an umbrella so I can share mine with her.

 

6/20/13

 

I saw Eunsol at the cafeteria chatting happily with her friend. I think her name’s Jieun. If I talked to her, will she remember me? Probably not. :<

 

6/28/13

 

Finally, I saw her again after a week. She was near the hallways when I spotted her. Eunsol was wearing a pink scarf. It suited her. Really.

 

7/6/13

When will I see her again? Seokcho University is so big. -__-

 

7/24/13

Todays is the start of our exam week. Eunsol-ah, goodluck on your exams. ^^

 

8/1/13

It’s raining really hard today. I wonder if Eunsol is fine. Does she like the rain too? Or does she hate it? I hope she won’t get sick though. Always wear something warm Eunsol-ah.

 

8/19/13

Today, I saw her. But Eunsol looked sad. Is she okay? I really wanted to go up and talk to her. But I couldn’t. I hope she’ll be okay soon. Eunsol-ah fighting!

 

9/4/13

I accidentally bumped to her today because Luhan pushed me out of the blue when he saw her behind me. And I wasn’t even able to say sorry since she looked like she was in a rush. I’m sorry for bumping into you Eunsol-ah.

 

9/29/13

These days, I don’t see her very often. Why? Are the Gods punishing me? Come on. Give me some motivation to study.

 

10/2/13

I saw Eunsol pass by our classroom today!

 

10/15/13

Today I found out the my ‘friends’ were actually reading this whole journal thing. And they’re calling me a stalker. I’m not! I’m just treasuring the rare moments whenever I see Eunsol. That’s all. I don’t follow her 24/7 and all. Everything that’s written here is purely coincidental. I didn’t plan it. Really.

 

11/9/13

I saw Eunsol at the cafeteria again. She was drinking coffee! My favorite! Does she like iced americano? or does she prefer frappes?

 

11/27/13

It’s been a long time since I first met her. Eunsol’s shoulder length hair now reaches up to her upper arm. And I think she dyed it brown. Still, she looked pretty.

 

12/5/13

It’s snowing really hard. And I saw Eunsol shivering in cold. I was about to hand her my jacket but Jieun already did. My bad. Eunsol, please don’t get sick.

 

12/25/13

Merry Christmas Eunsol-ah! I hope next year you’ll know me and my heart.

 

12/29/13

Christmas break. I want to go back to school as fast as I can and meet her!

 

1/1/14

Happy New Year Eunsol-ah. Did you have a good start of the year? This year, I’ll really confess. Really. I’ll really try. Will she accept me?

 

 

 

Eunsol stopped reading and closed the notebook. When she arrived at the gym, where she’s supposed to meet Jongdae to have some decent talk, she thought of reading the book to let time pass. When she opened it, she realized that it was not the book she was expecting.

 

 It was Minseok’s diary.

 

At first, she was just curious about what’s inside. But now, she was thinking that she shouldn’t have read it.

 

How will she face Minseok? How will she tell her that she read it? That she knows everything right now?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yah. Luhan. Did you take it again?” Minseok asked him with a deep frown.

 

Luhan turned to him with an innocent look. “Took what?”

 

“The thing that you always get from my locker.” he mumbled. There was a slight hint of irritation in his voice. Luhan is always acting innocent when it comes to that.

 

He finally smiled upon realizing what Minseok’s been talking about. “Ahh.. that. I didn’t took it. I was going to. But I didn’t since I have some things to do.” he explained.

 

Minseok held out his hand. “Give it to me.”

 

“I don’t have it. Really.”

 

“I checked my locker just now. The only green book that’s there is the book that Eunsol wants to borrow. Now give me my journal.” he commanded Luhan.

 

Luhan sat up. “I seriously don’t have it.”

 

Tao suddenly came in while drinking some orange juice. “Hyung! You’re here! I already gave Eunsol the book.”

 

“But the book’s in my locker.” Minseok told him.

 

“I really gave the book to her. The color’s green right? I gave it to her just now.” Tao told him. “Eunsol noona even bought me this.” he mumbled as he pointed to the orange juice that he’s drinking.

 

Huang Zi Tao what did you just do? Minseok’s face turned pale. What Tao gave her was not the book that she wanted to borrow. It was his journal.

 

“Where is she right now?”

 

 

 

 

 

It was raining really hard when Jongdae opened his locker door only to find another box containing a fortune cookie. Definitely, it was from Eunsol as it was written in bold capital letters at the lid of the box. She must be a little annoyed last time since he pretended as if he didn’t know that it was from her.

 

He smiled as he took it and looked around for signs of Yixing. Who knows, he might steal this precious fortune cookie again. And he can’t let that happen.

 

Thankfully, Yixing isn’t around. Jongdae carefully broke the cookie into two to get the fortune that’s inside.

 

 

 

“Meet Park Eunsol at the Gym right now. If you ignore this and still come to class, you will experience a horrible misfortune forever!”

 

 

 

He smiled as he folded the small note and slid it inside his pocket. Sometimes, even the smallest things take up the most room in your heart. “Since you’re so special to me, I’ll even willingly cut classes for you. You’re so lucky Eunsol-ah.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

tumblr_n5bkw6RqUe1rcib0uo1_500.gif

 

 

 

<3