Chapter 11

87 Steps to Kim Jongdae

 

 

 

Jongdae glanced at his watch for the nth time. He’s bored to death and their Literature professor isn’t here yet. He turned to his left and saw Eunsol silently reading a book.

 

 Without thinking twice, he closed the book that she was reading. “Eunsol-ah, I’m hungry. Let’s go eat somewhere.” Jongdae grinned at her as he grabbed her hand and pulled her up from her seat.

 

“We still have classes!” Eunsol reasoned out. What if their professor comes when they’re not around? That’ll be counted as truancy. Besides, they just had their lunch break an hour before and now he’s saying that he’s hungry again? Seriously. This pig.

 

Jongdae pouted as he stomped on his foot like a preschooler throwing tantrums. “But I’m hungry.” he whined.

 

Eunsol sighed as she eyed this guy beside her. With Jongdae behaving like this, who the hell could resist him? Damn him and his aegyo.

 

She meekly nodded at him. There was nothing she could do anyways. “Okay. But we---“

 

As he heard the word ‘okay’, he immediately  dragged her outside the room, his hand, was intertwined with hers. 

 

“What should we eat? Is there anything you’d like to eat Eunsollie?” he brightly asked her. A few seconds earlier, he was throwing a fit and now he’s all smiles. This is definitely one of the million reasons why Kim Jongdae is just.. too cute. 

 

Eunsol stared at their hands. Thinking about how perfect they fit together. His hand was really really warm. “I’m not really hungry.” she told him with a smile.

 

“Well, I’m hungry. And you have no choice but to go with me.” Jongdae told her with a smirk.

 

Eunsol snorted at him. “Why do I have to go with you anyways?” she mumbled quietly.

 

She noticed that these days, Jongdae has been sticking close to her. He’s always asking her to eat with him. To go and watch a movie with him. And he’s always going to the café where she works. Even the manager knows him because he’s always there.

 

They were always together. Sometimes when he’s not around, she would receive a call from him telling her to go to where he was just because he wants to see her. And his most hated classmate ever is Seokjin. It was because she asked Seokjin to be her partner before. And according to him, that will be etched on his mind for forever. Eunsol smiled as she remembered when he asked her to stay away from him for no real reason.

 

“Do you remember the text message you sent me?” He asked her with a mischievous grin, interrupting her thoughts.

 

Her face crumpled into a frown as she turned to face him. “Are you blackmailing me now?”

 

Jongdae lightly chuckled as he pinched the apple of her cheeks. “Kind of.”

 

“You really…”Eunsol was about to hit him but he caught her arm in no time. “Don’t hit me!” Jongdae exclaimed with a pout. “Do you know that when you hit a person, he loses a hundred words?”

 

Eunsol just smiled as she watched him babble about hitting him and such. Fortunately, things had gotten so much better than before for the two of them. They often go on dates. Jongdae always brings her home after her work. And they spend most of their time together.

 

Jongdae wasn’t really good with words. He’s great at teasing and pissing someone off. But he’s not really good at expressing his own feelings. Nevertheless, his actions are enough to tell her that she’s special to him. And that alone is enough for her. She doesn’t need words when he’s with her. And that’s all that matters.

 

Besides, actions speak louder than words right?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Say ahh.” Jongdae mumbled in a sing song way as he placed the spoon right in front of , waiting for her to eat it.

 

Eunsol looked at the ice cream. And then she looked around. It was embarrassing how he’s trying to feed her right now. What’s more is that there’s a lot of customers at the ice cream store today. And they’re kind of garnering stares and whispers because of what Jongdae is doing to her.

 

“My arm’s getting tired.” Jongdae inquired her with a small frown.

 

Eunsol opened to protest but he shoved the ice cream in quickly, leaving her to have no time to speak. “It’s tasty right? That’s my newest favorite here.” he informed her with a happy smile. “Let’s try the Strawberry thingy next time.” Jongdae then took another scoop and placed the spoon in front of her. “Say ahh.” he smiles like a five year old kid.

 

Eunsol eyed him in confusion. “I thought you’re hungry. Why are you feeding me instead?”

 

“You look thin and sickly. So you should eat.” Jongdae told her as he grabbed her arm. “See, I can almost feel your bones. You’re too thin.” he lectured her.

 

Eunsol’s lips broke into a smile. “Really? I look thin? Then that must mean I lost weight. My diet is effective then.” she said as she fidgeted in her seat. So those pushups and sit ups did not go to waste. She thought with a satisfied grin.

 

His eyes bugged out at what he just heard. “At that rate you’re even dieting? What now? Do you want to be as thin as an incense stick?”

 

“I wish I could be.” Eunsol mumbled sarcastically.

 

Jongdae leaned over to her and lightly flicked her forehead in an instant. “Stop thinking of dieting. Remove that word from your vocabulary.”

 

“Aish. Why are you like this?” Eunsol whined as she massaged her forehead gently.

 

Jongdae looked down at his bowl and played with his spoon. “You’re ..fine the way you are.”  he told her in the most sincerest way that he could.

 

Eunsol smiled genuinely as she stared at him. When he's saying something that deeply concerns him, he can't bring himself to think of words to blurt it out. Just like how he's reacting today.

 

“And if you diet, you might get sick.” he immediately said as his head shot up. “Who will I piss off when you’re absent? So don’t ever think of dieting again. Arasso?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Is that Jongdae?” Luhan asked as he narrowed his eyes to a certain guy who was chatting with a girl. “It’s definitely Kim Jongdae.” he confirmed cheerfully as he turned to his friends. Minseok and Yifan.

 

“He’s with Eunsol.” Kris added as he turned to Xiumin with a smirk. “Let’s call them.” Kris said as he stared at the guy with squishy cheeks beside him, waiting for his reaction.

 

When Minseok heard that they’re going to call Jongdae and Eunsol, his eyes widened as he tugged on Kris’s sleeve. “NO.” he strongly protested.

 

Kris rolled his eyes at Minseok and chose to ignore him. He turned to Luhan instead. “Call them.” Kris ordered him as he pointed to Jongdae and Eunsol using the tips of his mouth.

 

Minseok then narrowed his eyes at Luhan and tried to threaten the deer. “Yah! Luhan! I’m warning you. Don’t ever say a single word----“

 

 

 

“JONGDAEEEEEEEE!”

 

 

 

That was the scream of a manly man. Luhan smiled triumphantly as he turned to Minseok. “Should I call Eunsol too?”

 

“NO. DON’T YOU DARE. I’M REALLY SERIOUS LUHAN. DON’T YOU EVER DARE CALL HER.”

 

Kris smiled. “He doesn’t have to. They’re already going here. To us.” he said as he pointed to Jongdae and Eunsol who were already approaching them.

 

Minseok's eyes widened as he felt uneasy when he saw that they’re already close. “Why did you call them? Aish. Seriously.” He mumbled in irritation as he was about to walk away but Luhan slung an arm around his friend’s shoulder.

 

“Don’t worry. We’re here. We’ll help you.” he mumbled comfortingly as he patted Minseok’s shoulder. "Don't you trust us?" the deer asked him with a pout.

 

"I don't." Minseok bluntly answered him in no time.

 

"Well, you should start trusting us then." Kris butted in with a smug smile. “This is your chance.”

 

Chance… Minseok swallowed hard as he stared at them. Yifan was right. It's not everyday that he can see her. If he let this slip away, it might not happen again. Ever. I can do this. A few greetings would do. That’d be fine. Right? He encouraged himself with a small nod.

 

But when he noticed that Eunsol and Jongdae are already a few meters away, his heart started drumming wildly against his chest. He shook his head and bit his lower lip. “I.. don’t think… I can do this.”  he stammered as he sweated hard.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Are the three of you cutting classes?” was the first thing that came out of Jongdae’s mouth when he was finally with his friends. They just chuckled at him. “How’d you know?” Kris asked him with a cheeky smile.

 

“Because we’re doing it too.”

 

They all laughed heartily and had a small chat about what's happening to them nowadays. Their professors and the very great schedules. The boring Mathematics and stuff. Jongdae and his friends looked really happy.

 

Eunsol silently eyed his friends. They’re all good looking. No wonder they are friends. She thought as she eyed them, looking at every feature of their face. She knows them because they’re quite popular. But this is probably the first time she has seen them up close.

 

Except for Minseok. She remembers riding the same bus with him on the first day of her freshman year. But she thinks he already forgot about it.

 

 

Who was she for him to remember anyways, right?

 

 

Luhan noticed that she is looking at them for too long. “I’m Luhan.” he immediately introduced himself as he took out his hand for a handshake.

 

Eunsol blinked as she stared at his hand. Is he really going to shake hands with me? The popular Luhan is going to shake his hand with me? She thought as she bit her lower lip.

 

“Don’t worry. I don’t bite.” Luhan joked as he smiled at her. Eunsol then shook his hand and smiled a bit. ‘I’m Eunsol. Park Eunsol.” she said as she slightly bowed.

 

Luhan just nodded at her. “I know.”

 

Eunsol was about to question him about knowing her, but then Kris stepped up. “I’m Wu Yifan. But you may call me Kris.”

 

Eunsol bobbed her head up and down with a tight smile. She never really imagined talking with him since he looked grumpy and grouchy. But… maybe she was wrong.

 

Her eyes rolled to the last guy. Kim Minseok. She was waiting for him to say something but he just stood there, silently eyeing the ground. He didn’t bother to say anything.

 

And Eunsol quickly assumed that he doesn’t want to talk to her. He won’t even bother to look at her.

 

“He’s Minseok. Kim Minseok.” Luhan introduced him to her as he nudged Minseok’s side, giving him a signal to talk to her.

 

Minseok then cleared his dry throat and swallowed hard as he stared at her. For once, he never imagined that he’d be able to talk to her like this. He was used to just seeing her from a distance. And now she’ even less than a meter away.

 

He was thinking about shaking her hand like how Luhan coolly did earlier. But his hands were sweating too much because he was too nervous. Minseok just placed his hand inside his pocket and turned to look at her. His heart thumped loudly as he spoke. “I’m ..Minseok.” he mumbled quietly as he eyed her.

 

Eunsol slightly nodded with an awkward smile. “I know.” she mumbled silently as she immediately looked away. And she didn’t notice how Minseok’s eyes rounded when she said that. Luhan eyed his friend from the corner of his eyes. Minseok was smiling happily like a kid.  She ...knows me.

 

“I’ll just go to the restroom.” Eunsol excused herself as she walked away, not caring if Jongdae wanted to stop her or what. She just felt uneasy under Minseok’s gaze. She couldn’t tell if he hated her or he doesn’t want to see her or both.

 

Why is he like that?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Did you hear her? She said she knows me!” Minseok cheered as he smiled from ear to ear. 

 

Luhan just nodded at him. This was definitely one of the few times he's seen Minseok reacting this way. He must be so happy. “We did.”

 

Kris ruined his happy moment with his sarcasm. “Everyone here knows you. And us. There’s no way she wouldn’t possibly be aware of our existence.”

 

Minseok just made a face at him. What a great way to ruin his happiness.

 

Jongdae eyed Minseok weirdly. He acted odd when Eunsol was here. He did nothing but to stare at her as if he liked her. And now that she left, he’s happy about her remembering him. Which is really really weird for him to do so. “Minseok, why are you acting like that?“ he asked him with a soft chuckle.

 

Luhan turned to Jongdae with a smile. "Oh! That's right. You still don't know anything about it right?"

 

Jongdae's face was painted with confusion as he tilted his head to the side. "About what?" he asked.

 

Minseok shyly grinned at him as he scratched the back of his ear. “I actually like Eunsol." he confessed. "I see that the two of you are quite close. Jongdae, will you help me get closer to her?” he asked his friend with a smile.

 

Jongdae couldn’t believe what he just heard. Is he hearing things? “You …what?” he asked again trying to clarify things. He might’ve heard him wrong. Maybe it's not that kind of like. 

 

“I said I like Eunsol. And I’m asking for your help.” Minseok gladly repeated what he just said earlier.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SURF FRIES. SURE PRYS. SURPRISE. SURPRISEEEEEE.

Mehehehehe~

No one saw it coming. Yehet. Yaha. Ohorat. Hearteu. Hearteu.

Belated Happy Birthday to our Baozi. *__*

tumblr_n38ximJRDh1rjwp1to1_250.gif 

tumblr_mybkn4apNa1ssusrso2_250.gif tumblr_mybkn4apNa1ssusrso1_250.gif

 tumblr_n0ko87ve5v1rypxkgo1_250.gif

tumblr_mysbxc8HmM1rn8lhxo1_500.gif

 

 

Mistah Chuuu. Apink's song is stuck on my head. Nooooo.

 

Oh yeah. Happy April Fools beloved friends. XDDD (PS. This is not a joke)

 

I found a very interesting game. Hehehe. Just sharing. http://games.usvsth3m.com/2048/exo-edition-52/