Chapter 7

87 Steps to Kim Jongdae

 

 

“I think you’re not aware of this but I’m quite busy. I’m working right now. Don’t ever call me again okay?!” Eunsol angrily screamed at her phone.

 

The person she’s talking to is obviously Kim Jongdae. She just found out that he lied to her earlier just to get her number. And now he’s calling her at the middle of her work. Very nice.

 

“Wait Eunsol-ah! I had a hard time getting your number and now you won’t talk to me? What’s with that? Can’t you atleast say ‘Hi’ or something?” Even through the phone his voice remained cheerful and teasing at the same time. And it irked Eunsol more.

 

“You’re seriously annoying.” Eunsol mumbled under her breath. He won’t even say sorry for lying to her and that’s what irritates her the most.

 

“Oww. That’s so harsh Eunsollie. Why are you doing this to me? My heart is hurt. How are you going to take responsibility for hurting my pure heart?”

 

This guy.. really. Eunsol scratched the back of her head in annoyance. She can feel her blood rising to her head as she talked to him. “I’m hanging. If I see you tomorrow, you’ll be dead for sure.” She threatened him before ending the call.

 

Eunsol slipped her phone inside her pocket while shaking her head. She wiped the table clean and placed the used cups on the tray. “He lied to me.” She unconsciously mumbled as she wiped the table again this time with more force. “He’s really going to get it tomorrow! Aish.” Now she was getting more  irritated. And to think that she was so worried because she really thought it was really an emergency.

 

Eunsol sighed as she carried the tray. “Eunsol-ah. Don’t be annoyed. Cheer up. Don’t let it get through you.” She encouraged herself with a small nod. Trying her best to lift up her mood. She can’t let that affect her. She’s working right now. And she doesn’t want to vent her anger towards the customers. Once she felt that she’s okay, she rushed towards the kitchen sink and placed the cups there.

 

“Eunsol, please go to table no.6” Jieun told her as she counted the money on the cashier. Eunsol nodded with a smile as she walked to the said table. When she saw the customer, her happy mood that she just got back slowly vanished. “What are you doing here?!” She couldn’t help her tone go up as her fists curled into a ball.

 

Jongdae pouted. “Are you always like this to your customers? If you approach a customer like that, the sales of this coffee shop will go down. If this shop closes, you’ll be the one who responsible for it.” He told her as he pointed at her.

 

Eunsol glowered at him. She wasn’t amused of what he was saying. Seeing him now just makes her remember how stupid she was for believing his ‘act’

 

“When you served the customer on the other table, you’re so polite and you even smiled. Why are you treating me like this?” He asked as he acted like he was hurt.

 

“Stop your act and just leave. I’m working.” Eunsol glared at him before turning on her heels.

 

Jongdae suddenly stood up and raised his hand. “Excuse me?” he called the attention of the manager of the coffee shop, Manager Jang. “Yes?” Manager Jang asked him with a polite smile.

 

Eunsol’s eyes widened as she looked back at him. “What are you doing?!” She hissed at him.

 

“I’m going to report you since you’re being unfair with me.” Jongdae simply told her with a wry smirk.

 

Eunsol grabbed his arm and squeezed it. “Don’t!” Jongdae just smiled at her. And with that kind of smile, she can’ really tell if he was still going to report her or if he’s going to stop.

 

Manager Jang walked towards them and Eunsol immediately withdrew her hand from his arm. “Is there any problem sir?” The manager asked as he eyed the two of them.

 

Eunsol bit her lower lip in anxiety while Jongdae’s smile went wider as he shook his head. “Nothing. I just wanted to ask for more tissues.”

 

“I’ll take care of it Sir.” Eunsol butted in nervously. Manager Jang nodded and then he went back to his work. And finally Eunsol was able to breathe freely. She really thought he’d report her to the manager.

 

“Now you’re going to treat me nicely right?” Jongdae grinned cheekily at her.

 

Eunsol rolled her eyes at him. “Just why are you here?”

 

“Isn’t it obvious? I’m a customer. I’m going to order something you know.” He told her. Eunsol grumpily took out her small note pad and pen. “What’s your order?”

 

Jongdae eyed her. “Park Eunsol. A very cheerful Park Eunsol please.”

 

“Funny.”

 

“Are you still mad at me?” Jongdae asked her.

 

Eunsol ignored his question. “What’s your order?” She asked him as she impatiently tapped her pen on her notepad.

 

“I would like to order Eunsol’s forgiveness.”

 

“Sorry but Park Eunsol, A very cheerful Park Eunsol and Eunsol’s forgiveness is not in our menu list.” Eunsol mumbled coldly as she handed him the menu list. “That’s the menu list. Order things that are listed there. And clearly, I'm not in the menu. Stop ordering me.”

 

He fell silent. Eunsol’s really mad. He concluded as guilt slowly sank into his chest. Maybe this time his jokes went too far. But what he wanted was just to get her number.

 

Why? he didn’t know either. It just suddenly popped in his mind that Eunsol’s number is an absolute must in his contacts. Maybe because she amuses him in every single way she does. And he can’t stand her being mad at him. So with the sincerest voice he could muster, he apologized to her.

 

“I’m sorry.” Jongdae nervously played with his fingers with a small pout.

 

Eunsol silently stared at him. As much as she hates to admit it, he looked sincere. She slowly softened. So he can say sorry too? The high and might Kim Jongdae also says sorry? She thought with a small smile. Just two words from him was enough to clear away the bad feelings building up against her chest. Unbelievable.

 

“But now we’re even. Let’s just say that your number is the price you had to pay for making me wait for 50 minutes under the cold weather.” He snapped as he gazed at her, waiting for her reaction.

 

Childish. Eunsol just shook her head with a smile. “Are we okay now?” She heard him mumble.

 

She just nodded. Since he already apologized she thinks it’s just fair to forgive him already. And who wouldn’t give in to this Kim Jongdae?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jongdae smiled as he stared at Eunsol who was placing his orders at his table. He really liked the feeling that she is serving him. And he told himself that starting this day, he’d always drop by at this café and have her serve him.

 

 “Oreology, Alcapone and Choco Forest Frappe.” Eunsol named his order as she settled them in front of him. When she was done, “Is there anything you’d like to add?”

 

He shook his head in contentment. Eunsol took out a box of tisssues and placed it on his table as well. She remembered that he asked for more tissues earlier so she gave him a box of it so that he would shut up. “I expect you to use all of that.” Eunsol grinned as she started to walk away.

 

When Jongdae noticed that Eunsol was about to walk away, his brows automatically furrowed. “Where are you going?” He sounded unhappy.

 

“As you can see, you’re not the only customer here. I have to serve the other customers too.” Eunsol smiled fakely at him.

 

He frowned as he looked around. She was right. More and more people were coming to the shop. Why did they have to come at this hour? He thought.

 

“Eat quickly then leave.” She mumbled before leaving him, not bothering to see his reaction. And she deeply regretted it afterwards. Because when she glanced at his table, he was already gone.

 

He really left? She thought as she cleaned his table. He didn’t even say goodbye. She frowned as she placed the small plate on her tray as well as the cups. She was about to crumple the tissue paper but that’s when she noticed that there was something written on the tissue.

 

 

Tomorrow, let’s go to school together. I’ll call you.

 

 

 

 

 

I felt like updating today. Hehe. <3

tumblr_n16w1kd4It1ru7zbto1_500.jpg

image

tumblr_n178bqVFcE1r3qj0mo8_250.gif