Chapter 23

87 Steps to Kim Jongdae

 

 

“So the two of you got back together?” Jieun asked Eunsol as she eyed her coldly. Her brows were furrowed and her arms were tightly crossed above her chest, it’s a sign that’s she’s not very happy with the current set up of things.

 

Eunsol merely nodded at Jieun before glancing at Jongdae who gave her a small wink, signaling her that everything’s going to be alright. Eunsol bit her lips as she smiled, trying her best to conceal her smile. Even at times like this, Kim Jogdae can still make her smile.

 

“Yah. I’m talking to you.” Jieun cut in their mini-world and turned to Jongdae with a sharp gaze. Jongdae gulped as he nervously tried to smile at her but miserably failed because Jieun just rolled her eyes at him the moment he tried to smile at her. And he was sure he heard the word ‘jerk’ come out from when she looked away. It only means one thing. She hates him.

 

“Yes. We..We’re okay now.” Eunsol finally confessed as she turned to Jieun with hopeful eyes, thinking that she’s understand her, or them rather. Eunsol knew that Jieun started disiking Jongdae for her when he made her cry before. And since then, she was always by her side, trying to make her feel better. So now that she’s with Jongdae again, she sincerely hopes that Jieun would be fine with it. Because what’s the use of having a boyfriend when you don’t have your bestfriend right?

 

“Really?” Jieun suddenly smiled widely at her. And Eunsol thought that she finally understood them. That Jieun already forgave Jongdae. Eunsol nodded happily at her. “Yes! We—“

 

“Are you stupid?” Jieun’s happy tone changed into a intimidating one as she flicked Eunsol’s forehead as hard as she could. “This camel like guy made you cry before!” Jongdae flinched as he heard the ‘camel-like’ words but tried to ignore it anyways.

 

She’s Eunsol’s best friend. Best friend. Have patience.This girl will be her bridesmaid during our wedding. I better not mess up things. Jongdae thought as he tried to stay calm. No matter what, he can’t have Jieun hate him more than how she hates him now.

 

But that doesn’t end there because Jieun started blurting out things that she doesn’t like about Jongdae just to convince her bestfriend to leave him. “He even twisted your arm remember?! When you were crying all day because of him, who was by your side again? Who bought you the big tissue box? Who threw away all of your snot? You stupid girl!” she exclaimed as she flicked Eunsol’s forehead again. She just lost all of her trust in Jongdae when he hurt her before. And as Eunsol’s bestfriend, she doesn’t want her t be hurt again.

 

“It hurts!” Eunsol whined as she rubbed the spot where Jieun just flicked a few seconds ago. Jongdae then hurried to check her already sore forehead. “Does it hurt?” he asked her cutely. Eunsol nodded at him as she pouted too.

 

“Minseok is a lot better than that guy.” Jieun added. “Eunsol-ah, Minseok really loves you. Why don’t you just give him a chance?”

 

Jongdae coughed loudly giving her a sign that he can perfectly hear her. And that he’s a bit insulted. He can take her insults and hurtful words about him. But, he just doesn’t like it when she compared him with Minseok.

 

“Yes. You heard me right? I like Minseok for Eunsol so go away. Leave her alone. I know that you’ll hurt her again sooner or later.”

 

“Eunsol …loves me. And I love her too. Shouldn’t you be happy for us?” Jongdae coolly shrugged at her.

 

“You even had the nerve to answer me!” Jieun exclaimed at him as she was just about to attack him. But Jongdae blocked her arms. “I know you really hate me right now for making her cry before. But I promise you, I won’t do it again.” His tone suddenly turned serious. And Jieun couldn’t detect if he was still joking or not because his face was completely unreadable.

 

“But for now, we…” Jongdae turned to Eunsol and linked his hands with hers. And at that time Eunsol nodded at him, signaling him that she got his hidden message for her. “For now, we have to run first since you’re being so cruel to us.”

 

“I love you Jieun-ah. I’ll call you later!”

 

And having said those words, those two dimwits ran away like kids being chased away by their terror homeroom teacher.

 

“Yah. Kim Jongdae! Where are you taking her?” Jieun exclaimed as she was just about to follow them but then a hand stopped her from going anywhere.

 

“Who the he—“ when she looked back, it was one of Jongdae’s friends. Her lips twitched to the side as she crossed her arms over her chest. “Oh. Here comes the unicorn.”

 

Yixing’s brows slight creased at what he heard. “Unicorn?” he innocently blinked at her as he pointed to himself.

 

Jieun faced him as she nodded. “Yes. You’re a unicorn. Jongdae’s a camel. That Chinese girl looking like a guy is a deer. The other one’s a Kungfu panda. The tallest one is a dragon. Minseok is ..just a bun.” Jieun explained to him. “You and your friends are weird.” She concluded at the very moment.

 

Yixing tilted his head to the side as he tried to absorb her words. “Aren’t you the weird one? How did I become a unicorn? And Luhan will definitely throw a fit if he heard you say those. He hates being called or being compared to a girl. Really.” Yixing carefully told her.

 

Jieun was about to answer him back but that’s when she realized something, his hand was still holding hers. It was awkward and kind of uncomfortable for her. But still, she managed to keep her poker face on. “Your hand...” Jieun mumbled as she pointed to his warm hand above hers.

 

Yixing finally realized that he’s been holding her hand for a while now. He immediately withdrew his hand and slightly blushed as he cleared his throat. “Sorry about that. I’m.. I’m used to holding my friend’s hands. I just… like touching them. Sometimes we hug and we—“

 

“Friends? You mean Jongdae and all of your weird friends?” Jieun asked him.

 

Yixig nodded. “Yes. I’m referring to them. I like holding their hands or sometimes hugging them. Minseok is the most cuddly one since he’s so fluffy and…” Yixing suddenly stopped as he saw the look in her face. It was like is disgusted or something. And he thought that she might just be thinking that he is gay because he’s saying stuff about hugging them and all.

 

“I’m not gay!” Yixing blurted out a little too loud.

 

Jieun blinked at him, a bit startled by his actions. “I never said that you were…”

 

“Your eyes. The way you looked at me, it was different.” Yixing insisted with a frown.

 

Jieun  just nodded at him, not wanting to have another argument so early in the morning. She has to save energy so that she could fight with Jongdae after class. “Okay. I get it. You’re not gay. Yixing is not gay. Happy now?” Jieun asked him.

 

Yixing didn’t answer her and just stayed quiet.

 

“I need to go now. My class starts at---“

 

“You’re cute and all but you’re hard to be talk to.” Yixing mumbled like  kid throwing tantrums.

 

Jieun blinked at him. Did he… did he just say that I’m cute?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Is she really your best friend?”

 

Eunsol turned to him with a nod. “She is.” No matter how brutal Lee Jieun could be, she’s just like that because she didn’t want Eunsol to be hurt again.

 

“She hates me.” Jongdae pouted.

 

Eunsol shook her head with a smile. “No. I think she’s starting to forgive you.”

 

“Forgive?” Jongdae shrieked at her. As far as he could remember, from Jieun’s actions towards him earlier, she was even ready to kill him. “But she said that she favors Minseok for you. And that she hates me.”

 

“Jieun is just like that. Don’t worry. After two or three days she’ll act normal around you. And then, it’ll be perfectly fine after that. Trust me. I know her.” Eunsol comforted him while patting his back gently.

 

Jongdae just smiled at her as he grabbed her hand, then interlaced it with his. “Your forehead… it doesn’t hurt? She flicked it hard earlier didn’t she?” he asked her as he gently touched her forehead with his free hand. “It’s all red. Should we go to the clinic?”

 

Eunsol shook her head and covered her forehead with her fringe. “No need to. I’ll just apply ice when I get home—“ she suddenly stopped talking when Jongdae kissed her forehead.

 

“There. It should heal faster now. Right?” Jongdae grinned at her as he pulled back. Eunsol just smiled as she shook her head at his random silliness. And sometimes she wonders how can Jongdae possibly be cute, cheesy, handsome and crazy at the same time? It’s a total mystery about how he can do all of that.

 

Eunsol turned to look forward and she froze. She saw someone she shouldn't have seen. Or maybe it was the other way around. Someone who shouldn't have seen them. Maybe that was the right term.

 

It was Minseok.

 

And he was looking at them. And the look on his face was unreadable. If he was standing there for long, then he probably saw Jongdae kissing her on the forehead and all.

 

It didn’t take long before Jongdae saw him as well. He tightened his grip on her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze.

 

“Let’s do this.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

lezz do thizzz. our sememster will be over after about 10 days. it only means one thing. FREEEEEEEDOMMMMMMMM. \m/

sorry for the short chapter. :<

byeeee.  

<3