Chapter 17

87 Steps to Kim Jongdae

 

 

 

 

 

Eunsol silently watched as the heavy rain fell. Today, she decided to give another fortune cookie to Jongdae and she told him to come meet her at the gym. She wanted to talk about things.  About why he was distancing himself from her and all. She wanted to talk it out and fix things. She can’t possibly go on another day with him acting like this. And what’s more is that she wanted to talk to him about Minseok.

 

She looked up and slightly frowned. The skies were gray. “I hope the rain stops soon.” she mumbled with uneasiness. Heavy rain usually comes with ear breaking thunders and strong lightning. And she doesn’t want any of that.

 

If there’s something that she was terribly scared of, that’d be thunders and lightnings.

 

“He better not ignore the message inside that fortune cookie. I’ll really strangle him to death if he does that.” she mumbled as she frowned. “He didn’t eat it all again didn’t he?” Eunsol wondered.

 

 No matter how a pig Kim Jongdae is, she was sure she told him before that fortune cookies are supposed to be broken into two so that you can see what was the ‘fortune’ that’s written inside. If he already read it, shouldn’t he be here by now? Just where is that guy?

 

 

 

“Eunsol-ah.”

 

 

 

Eunsol turned around with a happy beam, expecting Jongdae to be there, smiling at her from ear to ear. But it wasn’t him. It was someone she didn’t expect to see.

 

 

 

Minseok.

 

 

 

Her smile slowly faltered. But still, she tried her best not to show him how disappointed she was. But she was not disappointed because he came. She was disappointed because it wasn’t Jongdae who came. Those two are entirely different things.

 

Minseok took a few steps towards her, he was afraid that she wouldn’t be able to hear whatever he was going to say since it was raining really hard.

 

Eunsol tried to smile but she couldn’t. Now that she knows everything, she doesn’t really know what to tell him, or how to act around him, if she should smile or not. “What brings you here?” she managed to ask him.

 

He silently watched her every move, trying to determine through her actions if she already know that he likes her or not. There’s 99.9% of chance of her knowing the truth and yet, he can’t stop himself from holding onto the 0.01% left.

 

Minseok took a deep breath and looked right into her eyes. “Tao gave you the wrong book… the one he gave you.. it was… Uhh. No.. Did you..perhaps.. read it?” he asked her with a shaky voice.

 

Please tell me you haven’t read it yet. Please.

 

Yes. Minseok wanted her to know about what he actually felt about her, but not through this way. Not through this embarrassing way. And most importantly, not now. They are only starting to build their friendship. He’s afraid that everything will be ruined.

 

What if she decides to avoid him or worse, what if she rejects him right on the spot? Minseok hopefully stared at her. “You haven’t read it yet right?”

 

Her lips were pressed into a thin line as she stared at the ground, not even able to look at him. “I’m sorry.”

 

Minseok’s hopes crushed when he heard those words. “I’m really sorry for reading your diary.” she added.

 

“It’s not a diary.” he mumbled. Eunsol looked at him weirdly. “It’s ..my journal. Diary sounds rather.. girly.” he reasoned out as he bit his lower lip. “Let’s just call it a journal. It sounds a lot better that way.” he mumbled with a small smile.

 

Eunsol nodded as she chuckled a bit. “Journal it is.”

 

When she laughed, that was the only time when Minseok was finally able to breathe in peace. Seeing her smile like that slowly made him feel at ease. Even after reading his journal and knowing that he likes her, still Eunsol didn’t change. And he is very thankful for that.

 

“I’m not a stalker!” he blurted out so suddenly. Minseok was afraid that she’d think he was a stalker in some way. Because of the things he wrote in his journal. But he isn’t a stalker.

 

Eunsol blinked at him in confusion. She didn’t even say anything. So what was he talking about? “Huh?”

 

“I’m not secretly following you around everyday. I wrote those things in my journal whenever I see you and sometimes when I don’t. But I just did it to---“

 

A loud thunder striked and Eunsol tightly shut her eyes close while she hugged herself. Minseok worriedly stared at her. “Are you ..afraid of the thunder?”

 

“I’m not!” Eunsol firmly denied but she immediately shut her eyes when another thunder came in.

 

Minseok shook his head with a smile. Every single thing she does looks so adorable to him. But right now, Eunsol is scared. And he has to do something. Even though she looked really cute, he must do something for her. Minseok then gently covered her ears with his hands.

 

Her eyes widened at their sudden contact. “What are you---“

 

“Close your eyes. I know you’re afraid of it. It’s such a waste that I don’t have any music player right now but… I guess I’ll just sing for you.” Minseok told her with a smile.

 

“Sing?” Eunsol blinked at him. Kim Minseok …sings?

 

“I told you to close your eyes didn’t I?” he mumbled. “Close your eyes and just focus on my voice. That way you won’t be able to hear the thunder and you won’t see the lightning.” he explained.

 

Eunsol immediately closed her eyes again because a rumbling thunder came in. Minseok breathed deeply as he did some vocalizations before finally singing.

 

 

 

When I look at you, when you smiled at me
Little by little in me,
Little by little, my love for you is grows

 

When I think of you, when your face comes to my mind
My heart beats faster, will it just stop?

I can't hide my feelings, I want to give it all to you
I’m always by your side, can't I love you?
More than anyone else I'll guard your heart, can't you accept it?

 

In your heart, can't I be in it?
I want to be the one, the most important to you
Please hurry and accept my heart


 

 

 

At first, his voice was a little shaky just like how his legs were. Unlike the cold pouring rain, she was warm; her cheeks were warm.

 

As his heart did cartwheels inside his chest, he wondered. Does Eunsol feel the same? Her heart, is it beating so fast too?

 

As of the moment, Minseok couldn’t help but wish for something. Right now, even just for a little while, can’t time stop? A few seconds would do. He just wants this to be prolonged.

 

If time can’t slow down even for a bit, then can the rain carry on instead? He knows he’s being selfish wishing for something like this. And he’s aware that Eunsol’s afraid of the thunder and lightning. But if those are not around, will he be able to hold her like this again?

 

Probably not.

 

To the person who controls the thunder or lightning or whatever. Thank you. He thought as he smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Am I interrupting something here?”


 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Chen controls lightning right right right right right right?

XiuChen Is Back !! :D

 

300+ subs. Yaaaaaaay. Thank you guyth. :> Hearteu. <3