Memories

Learning Love From My Brother (LLFMB)

Yunhee walked lifelessly into Luhan's room without knowing it was his room and plopped herself on the bed, not bothering to even lock the door. No one was home, she was tired, and it was getting late. She was so stupid to getting her hopes up for Luhan. Yunhee sighed and pulled the covers over her head.

- flashback -

Yunhee was running about outside on the field, having a good time, even though the only thing she was doing was running around like a total derp. It was a pleasant day. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping and singing, and the plants were green with life. She saw her father running her way and smiled. Yunhee ran into her father's arms and hugged him tight.

She loved her father so much. He would always be there to comfort her when she came home from being bullied at school. He would play fun games with her to keep her happy. He would do anything to keep her smile going. And he loves his daughter just as much.

Yunhee's father kneeled down to her height. His hands were behind his back. 

"Yunhee sweetie, look what daddy got you!" He said as he held out a white teddy bear. It had a red ribbon around its neck and a big heart with the words 'I Love You' sewn on it. It was as big as Yunhee's upper body. Yunhee beamed and hugged the bear. "Thank you father!" She loved her father more than her mother. 

Her father pointed at the heart. "Press its belly, see what it does!" Yunhee's turned the teddy bear around. She pressed the heart. "I love you~" the teddy bear sang. Yunhee's smile widened and her eyes shone. "Yaaaaay, this is the best gift ever, thank you father!" Her father gave her a hug. "Anything for my little princess," he pulled back.

"Let's go inside, mother is making your favorite meal!" Yunhee jumped up and down while clapping her hands. "Okay!" She said cheerfully and skipped towards the house.

- end of flashback -

Tears formed in Yunhee's eyes. "W-why dad, why di-did you have t-to go...?" Her voice was shaking. Countless tears raced down her cheeks. Ever since that day...she wouldn't smile. She couldn't smile. She didn't want to smile. It was like she can't breath. Yunhee wanted to go back in time. To relive those moments. To know what it's like to be able to smile. To actually be...happy

Her father's death was the one day she'll never forget.

- flashback -

Yunhee's mother came home with tears soaked in her face.

She threw herself on the couch and cried in her hands.

Yunhee heard the sobbing and ran out her room to her mother.

Yunhee's mother looked out her hands and saw her little Yunhee looking at her worriedly.

"your...your father...is dead, Yunhee" she managed to say. Yunhee's eyes started to water. 

"Y-yah, M-mom, don't be playing with me!" She hoped what her mother said was just a joke. Her mother was too busy crying her eyes out to answer. Now Yunhee was convinced. She fell to her knees and started crying with her mother. It was horrible.

Why him?

It should've been her.

"F-father..." She cried.

"daddy!" 

- end of flashback -

Yunhee's eyelids were begging to close. He taught her how to ride a bike, how to swim. He was always by her side, like no other father. Her mother was lucky to have him. He was supposed to last forever. Be there at her marriage, hold her child, and support her through life. Yunhee was looking forward to that. Why, god? Why? He can't just take her father away from her! 

She fell asleep, while her tears still flowed.

 

 

"I'm home!" Luhan called as he closed the front door behind him.

silence.

"I'm home!" He repeated.

silence.

Luhan grew worried for Yunhee. He dropped his stuff and ran upstairs to Yunhee's room. He looked around but saw no sign of Yunhee. He panicked. "I should go to my room and calm down" he told himself. 

Luhan went to his room and saw his door was closed and the lights were on inside. He slowly opened the door. Thank goodness it didn't creak. He stepped in. No sign of Yunhee. He then noticed a lump in the blankets. "Hm?" There was no way he had enough blankets to make a lump that big. 

Luhan approached the lump. It was round and flat. He carefully pulled down the blanket covering it. 

And there she was, curled up like a shrimp, breathing softly. Luhan softened at the sight. Her hair was everywhere. It looked funny. He managed to hold in his laugh as he climbed in the bed.

Luhan pulled the covers up to Yunhee's neck and shared the blanket with her. He wrapped his arms around her petite waist and laid his head right behind Yunhee's neck.

she'll be in for a suprise... He thought as he closed his eyes.

"goodnight, my Yunhee"