Moving In

Learning Love From My Brother (LLFMB)

The moving truck's back door was pulled out by 2 workmen.A middle aged woman walked out from her house,carrying boxes.The workmen greeted her and she greeted back with a wide smile.She walked over to the truck and placed them securly in the corner.The workmen started to go inside the house and bring boxes out,then placing them in the truck.

The middle aged women looked at her old fashioned house and frowned.She remembered when her and her husband bought the house when they were younger.The women was pregnant at the time but managed to buy the new house,then having a beautiful baby girl afterwards.

After a few years,the women and her husband had a divorce because things were getting extremely tough.They needed time apart from each other.And now,the women is with her 16 year old daughter.She found out that later that he was murdered by a young boy gang.They were never caught but the husband was left for death.But that has changed for the better.

Yunhee picked up one of the boxes in her room,and walked down stairs with it.She walked out the door and over to the moving truck.She put it down and stood up straight,then walking out from the truck.Yunhee saw her Umma looking at the house,aimlessly.Yunhee walked to her side and followed her Umma's line of vision.She saw nothing interesting or out of the ordinary,so she turned to look at her Umma's face.

"Umma?",Yunhee asked while slightly shaking her.The women snapped out of it and looked at her beautiful daughter.She smiled a motherly smile.

"Oh Yunhee!Are you excited about moving in with Taejin?!",Umma said excitedly.

Yunhee didn't smile,she never has.Well,ever since her father left anyways.Yunhee looked at her Umma with concern all over her face.

"Umma,are you sure you want to do this?",Yunhee asked worriedly.The women looked at her with a confused expression.

"Of course I want to do this!I love Taejin and I'm sure he will be an amazing Appa!",Umma replied while walking back into the house to help.

Yunhee cringed to hear the word Appa.Sure he could be very kind,caring,mature and funny,but he will never be 'HER' Appa.He is long gone,never to be replaced.

Yunhee helped with the rest of the boxes and soon enough,the house was empty.Yunhee's Umma locked the door and put the key in the mailbox,where the next owner will find it.Yunhee stepped into her Umma's car and put her seatbelt on.Her Umma started the car and started to drive away from the house.Yunhee watched as the house became smaller and smaller,to soon be a memory.She faced the front where the road went past many houses,and her Umma glanced at her.

"You know Yunhee,this could be a big thing.A fresh start in school,a new Appa,a brother-",Umma was cut off.

"Brother?",Yunhee asked.She heard about Taejin,but nothing of a sibling.

"Yes brother.Taejin has a son,a few months older than you.Didn't I tell you that?",Umma said confused.Yunhee shook her head and her Umma saw in the corner of her eye.

"Oh,sorry I missed that.Yes he has a son and his name is Luhan.Taejin's previous wife was Chinese so they gave their son a Chinese name.You will be attending the same school as him,so you can get to know each other better.Okay honey?",Umma asked,while focusing on the road.

"I...I will try Umma",Yunhee replied,before looking out the window.

"Good.Did you take your medication today?",Umma asked.

"Hm",Yunhee 'hm'ed with a nod.

"That's good.Remember to take one pill everyday and I think you have a check up in a month or to",Umma said.

"I know.I won't forget",Yunhee replied.Umma smiled while looking at the road.

"Your a good kid Yunhee.I couldn't of asked for more.....Maybe you could...smile a little more?That could be a fresh start aye?",Umma reasoned,but Yunhee wouldn't budge.

"I do smile Umma,you just never see it",Yunhee lied.She knew she didn't smile,and she didn't know why she didn't.She just never found a moment to smile.

"Hmmm...maybe Luhan will be a good influence on you Yunhee",Umma thought out loud.

Yunhee glanced back at her Umma,then back to the window.She didn't mind moving at all.In fact,she grew sick of the neighbourhood she was in,and the school she was in.She needed a new start,maybe it could change her.

"Yunhee,get some rest.I'll wake you when we get there okay?",Umma asked.

"Okay....",Yunhee said while closing her eyes,and laying her head back on the seat.Umma glanced at her and smiled a sweet smile.

'Oh Yunhee.Your such an amazing girl.But you need to not keep your feelings to yourself.It's not healthy,espcially with your condition',Umma thought while creasing her eye brows.