Chapter 50: Soap Opera "Hell No!" (idea by SHINeeGirl)

Switching Channels, today: Dream Girl~

knock knock

 


"She must have forgotten her keys." Taemin said to himself. He put on his brightest smile before quickly opening the door.
He didn´t get to say anything other because a bunch of flowers was almost violently pushed into his face.

"Do you come here often?"

Grabbing a hold of the flowers Taemin stared at the source of that (super) awkward statement.

The dude in front of him frantically looked at the name tag next to the door, then back to Taemin, then again the tag...it would have been pretty hilarious if it wasn´t so creepy.

"Uhm...sorry, I´m actually...ugh...I´m her neighbor? And..."
This guy was such a mess. However Taemin sensed that this was an unwanted competitor for the love of his tutor so he did the only right thing:
"Oh, she didn´t tell you, then?"
Taemin took the neighbors hand shaking it lightly with his most adorable smile. "I´m Taemin, her boyfriend. Nice to meet you!"
"I´m Jinki and wow! She never told me about you..."
Taemin kind of felt bad seeing this guy so heartbroken but HEY, there are no rules when it comes to love and war.

So as Jinki is turning to leave there is another knock, only this time, from the window of the apartment.
The new acquaintances immediately shot their heads towards the source of the sound...
"burglar?"
They both whispered and started inching towards said window.

They were quite in awe seeing this "housebreaker". Not only was the guy quite young, he looked like he just escaped the "Elle" magazine.
As they both pulled the curtains open the guy apparently got a good scare as he screamed (well they only saw but didn´t hear since the windows were soundproof) and took a big step back, hitting his back on the railing of the fire escape.

"Oh my god!! He´ll fall!" Taemin yelled throwing his hands in the air as Jinki opened the window trying to reach out to grab the "burglar´s" purple jacket.

Obviously the guy didn´t especially like his clothing being pulled as he yelled: "Get your hands off of my clothes, you jerk!"
He regained his balance anyways and glared at the two boys. "We were just trying to help." Jinki tried to justify his actions only to be nudged by Taemin who whispered that the other guy tried breaking into the apartment so if anyone had to apologize that it would be him.

"For the record I did NOT try to break in! Why would I knock if I wanted to?"
This strangely made sense to the other two.
"I´m here to confess!" The guy in purple beamed "And the name is Key!"

Jinki started laughing now. "You´re here to confess?? I was too!!" Key´s face fell. He wouldn´t have thought that there was another guy who had fallen for her. His competitive side took over then: "That´s alright! I think she´ll choose me over you!"
"Well the thing is, " Jinki had stopped laughing now "that Taemin here is already her boyfriend."
"Taemin!?! So that´s you?" Key pointed rudely at said boy before breaking into laughter. "You shouldn´t tell lies, Taeminnie, didn´t your mom tell you that?"
Jinki´s face yelled sheer confusion as he watched Key lecture Taemin, who looked beyond uneasy.
"Taemin is her student! She tutors him every second day or something. I doubt he is her boyfriend."

"Wow, this is messed up." Jinki sat on the window sill thinking deeply.
"Yup. I guess the three of us are messed up too." Key followed his example and turned to Taemin. "Hey! Don´t take it to heart! I probably would have done the same if ...

"HEY!"


"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, GIANT ALIEN???"

The three guys in the apartment were surprised seeing two guys fight on the street. One rather short guy was dipping a white plush teddy into a puddle while the other taller did his best attacking him with a pair of stilettos.

"YOU STUPID DINO MIDGET!! LOOK WHAT YOU JUST DID!?"

The first few punches were thrown as the three viewers decided to go down to separate them.
They had a hunch that this might be all about the same girl.

After quickly talking the two guys ( the "midget" went by the name of Jonghyun, the "alien´s"  name was Minho ) all five of them decided that she was probably not worth THAT hassle and went to drink something and be friends.


Meanwhile the girl of everyone´s dreams came home to find her apartment empty of all her stuff.

 

Apparently a real burglar had taken his chance right after Key, Jinki and Taemin had left.

She blamed herself on forgetting to lock the door but took it all as a bad omen and decided to leave the city the next day.

 


 

(20.10.2010)

A/N

it´s soap-opera-ish? right?