Chapter 39: Essay

Switching Channels, today: Dream Girl~

topic: Is SHINee old enough to take care of a little child?

==========================================================

 

Ever since Hello Baby 2 started there have been various views on picking SHINee as participants; barely old enough to take care of themselves viewers are afraid they might be overwhelmed and unable to accomplish the task of looking out for a baby. On the other hand this might just be the perfect task for them to learn taking responsibility and grow as a person.

 

Having them watch over a 3-year-old will definitely be beneficial for their behavior: none of them ever had a younger sibling to take care of (Onew and Key being only children; others having older siblings) and taking the role of the older brother will help them understand both their families and the other members better.

 

They will learn to be more altruistic and the importance of stepping drown from own desires in order to grant the best for the baby.

 

Another side effect will be a realistic attitude towards starting a family and fatherhood as the members of SHINee often expressed the wish for these things in earlier interviews. Answers like that are easily voiced yet they bring a lot of changes to ones life style which I am sure they are not able to give up yet.

 

As the advantages of SHINee are mostly to be found in their own development; counterarguments are especially in favour of the baby's development. Having five adolescent men taking care of a little child is a terrifying thought for most mothers since they generally lack experience in the field of babysitting.

This should not be a big issue though, since there is plenty filming staff around them and due to SHINee's regular schedules filming 24/7 is not possible. The baby's safety is therefore granted and it is most unlikely to be harmed.

 

In conclusion, it can be doubtlessly stated that choosing SHINee as temporary fathers to a child is definitely no cause of concern as the members will grow with their challenges and learn from mistakes they might make in the process of the filming.

Hello Baby is similar to other educational projects where people have to take care of dolls in order to give them a taste of real life and mature mentally.

SHINee will most definitely come to the conclusion that being the father of a child is not only fun but a tough job that cannot be thoroughly filled out when you are a pop star.

 

(25.3.2010)