Chapter 10: Angst

Switching Channels, today: Dream Girl~



Night finally declared its advent and our boys went to sleep.
As the sky turned darker so did the hearts of Taemin, Key, Onew, Jonghyun and Minho...

Ever since they debuted a simple calculation could be made:
with rising fame, doubts rose proportionally.
Everyone of them had questioned his decision joining this industry more than a hundred times.
Everyone had been in the press being accused of failing his fellow members:

...be it Key, who has the status of being "almighty". Being a success in every kind of performing, yet he never got side-projects like Minho's modeling, Taemin's acting or Jonghyun's and Onew's solo songs or duets with various artists. All he could do was "being good" at lots of things, it was never "being outstanding" in one thing.

...be it Taemin, whose confidence is the most unstable. Once praised by fans and friends and then laughed at by class mates and criticized for his bad acting skills.

...be it Minho, whose existence in the band has even been doubted when they had started out. Who is reduced to being an actor, model, athlete BUT never applauded for having danced well or sung well.

...be it Onew, who is the proclaimed failure of a leader. A weak person unable to take care of himself and adding to that slowing down the whole group from proceeding further.

...or be it Jonghyun who is regarded as nothing but a copy of Michael Jackson. An imposter without style.

But looking back they always took one step after another and overcame obstacles.
With the awareness that scepsis hung over ALL of their heads.
And maybe that is what makes them the family they are.
It's a sad, contemplative family but none the less it is one.
Each of them had wanted to quit or break at one point.
And there had always been support from four of his brothers.
That's how it works for them.

That's how it will work until someday all five of them will collapse simultaneously.
 

(1.3.2010)