Chapter 25: Western

Switching Channels, today: Dream Girl~

All was well again when Yesung stepped into the town's most famous saloon "K.-Inki bank".

Yesterday had been a tough day. The whole city of Shawol had been a mess when he had passed this city by mere coicidence.

 

Yesung himself was a quite famous person throughout Korea. Being a member of an even more famous 13-member group of righteous men had brought his name all over the country.

 

So it was no wonder that the main sheriff Lee (all in all there were five as a shop lady had told him) had approached him and asked him for help.

He had been taken aback at first: the sheriff had an almost blinding smile and was overly polite (after communicating his request he had bowed so keenly that Yesung was afraid the boy would faint from dizziness).

 

To make a long story short he had agreed and was soon briefed about the cities circumstances: there were four other sheriffs besides him (another Sheriff Lee, two Kims and one Choi), one of the Kims had been injured in a duel two days ago and today another group of bandits had announced its coming but now they were outnumbered and would stand no chance if a fifth man could not be found.

 

After meeting the other three men they altogether decided on strategies (the slightly younger sheriffs taking in every word the battle-tested stranger said).

And when the sundance five arrived they the sheriffs were well prepared.

The bandits were facing defeat almost immediately.

 

The day had been saved and now it was time for Yesung to move on.

But he couldn't help but pay a last visit to the Saloon since the sheriffs were surely celebrating their win.

 

"Ah! Here comes the MVP!!"

 

It was pretty crowded but he didn't mind. Four pairs of hands ushered him into the center of the room.

And for an hour or so he was showered in toasts, congratulations and free mango shakes.

God, how he loved the fame but he also knew when it was time to go and make way for others to shine: he had bonded very fast with the four sheriffs, something he found amazing yet frightening. But he guessed that's what fighting a battle together meant: struggling alongside with brothers protecting them and trusting them to do the same for you.

 

Unnoticed he had disappeared from the Saloon and bid his goodbyes to the city.

(12.03.2010)