o20

There's Something I Can't Stand About You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaewook’s POV

When my phone rang right after Jongin’s bizarre statement, I felt a bit relieved just to get away so I could answer it. I was almost too speechless—too outraged to even respond to what she had said. Thank you for being ok? Was I ok? Who said I was ok?

“What?”

“Are you with Jongin?” Krystal asked me. Patience was not a familiar trait with this woman and in result it was making me lose mine.

“What did I tell you about calling me?”

“Jaewook I’m worried. First the song and now public dating? Even you aren’t ok with this. Kai is going to ruin his career if he continues—and all because of that girl…”

“Leave Jongin to me.”

“Do something. Quickly. At least break them up.” I could hear her sniffling over the receiver and I wanted to hang up. “Kai will never accept me, but I’m ok with just being close to him. I can’t stand seeing him with another girl.”

“Krystal…why are you so obsessed with him? He’s done nothing for you and he never will.”

“That’s what I like about him. He doesn’t tolerate my nonsense and refuses to treat me like a queen.”

I laugh.

“There are plenty of guys like that.” I assure.

“Who?”

For one, myself, and truthfully that was all I could come up with, but I didn’t give myself up like that. Giving Krystal the idea that she could like me…

“Forget I said anything. I’m going back to my date.”

“Don’t fail me, Oppa.”

“Yes, your highness.” 

I went back to the spicy rice cakes stand and instead of seating I took Jongin by the hand.

“What is it?” She asked with a mouth full of ddeokbokki and I wipe sauce from her face again.

“Let’s go for a ride.”

She hesitated but then agreed after she took more bites of her spicy rice cakes. I lead her to the car and she asked me where we were headed to.

“I’m not quite sure myself. I just want to drive.”

I let down the roof the let the air enclose us.  Jongin’s hair blew wildly in the wind once we got on the highway.

“This is like a scene in a movie where music would be playing in the background.”  She said to herself out loud. “I wish Sohyun were here.” I glanced at her.

“Sohyun really is lucky to have ended up with the girl he was destined to be with.”  I stated. “Ah…if only I had a girl like that.”

“Oppa, don’t worry. With your looks I’m sure you’ll find someone. Aside from looks you have a decent personality.”

“Really?”

“Yeah! The girl that you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter