o18

There's Something I Can't Stand About You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin’s POV

Mickey Mouse wrapped me in his arms and waved me around. I punched him in the nose and the person in the costume proceeded to curse me out but then thought about their pitiful job and left me alone. I went back to the bench, this time in an angrier mood because I still had to wait for Sohyun’s arrival. What was taking him so long?  The amusement park truly was a bad idea on his part. It was crowded and still early in the day. Didn’t he know that this was the worst dating spot for a celebrity? He obviously had a backup plan because soon I found him coming up to me in sunglasses and a baseball cap as a disguise.  He sat beside me without looking.

“Did anyone follow you?” He asks looking straight ahead. I look at him dumbly.

“No.” I respond. “Why would anyone follow me?”

He nodded. “True. No one followed me by the way. At least I don’t think so.”

“Yah, Kim Sohyun, are you stupid?” He darted his eyes at me alarmed. “Anyone could tell it was you from a mile away.”

“Really?” He pulled his collar over the bottom half of his face nervously while I watched him, then burst into laughter. “What’s so funny?”

“You.” I say truthfully. “You seriously don’t know how funny you are. Let’s go, I want you to win a prize for me.” I grab his hand and pull him up from his seat. We walk hand in hand for a while, I freely, Sohyun nervously. He kept his chin tucked to his chest so that his face was hard to see and I continued to laugh at him. No one in a million years would think this dork was Kai.

We went to a booth where a big fluffy bear I wanted was up as a prize. I pleaded with Sohyun to win it for me and he didn’t hesitate to hand over his money. The teller began to explain the rules that were simple.

“Hit the moving bottles with six throwing balls, that’s all you get is six throwing balls. The green bottles are 5 points each, but you don’t get a good prize with just 30 points—you’d win a pretty ribbon at best. What you want to do is hit the red bottle, it doesn’t come very often and it goes by very quickly. Are you still with me?”

Sohyun nodded seriously. “Yeah, I think. Let’s do this.” Sohyun started his first game that ended in ten seconds. I never saw a red bottle because I don’t think the game was intended to go by that quickly. Sohyun only hit four bottles and that was enough to get us some candy.

“Yah!” I scream at him while he stood in awe at his own performance.

“It’s just a bad first round.” He reassures me and pays for another game. “Don’t worry, I’ll get you that teddy bear no matter what.”

Five games later and a pride completely depleted Sohyun balled up and whimpered like a puppy ashamed of himself. The sight was quite pitiful but cute.

“Ahjussi, I’ll give it a go.” I paid for my own round and played carefully. I saved my hits for the red bottles. When they did appear I hit every one and Sohyun went from sulking to screaming.

“Daebak! Jongin your aim is seriously no joke.”

“Of course. All those years of practice hitting a dart board with your picture on it came in handy.”

“…oh?”

“Ahjussi, I want that one.” My game was finished and I gathered a total of 600 points, just enough to get the two foot teddy bear. It was pink and plushy with chocolate colored beads for eyes and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter