o14

There's Something I Can't Stand About You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sohyun's POV

There was a knock on my dressing room door that soon turned into banging. I was at Music Bank again, just finishing up another special stage for fans. I was exhausted so I ignored the knocking at first and stared into my vanity set mirror. It’s been a week now. Seven whole days. Don’t Cry was a hit and getting number one spots on different music stations. It received a lot of love and attention from thousands, but not from the one person it should have spoke to the most.

The banging continued.

I guess I could never come to peace with myself. I walked over to the door and opened it to only find a teary eyed Krystal. I hesitated to slam the door but thought other of it and figure I should be sympathetic with her.

“Krystal…what are you doing here?”

With an exaggerated shove, she flew herself into the dressing room. She paced around the room a bit while I closed the door and prepared myself for loud and annoying ugly sobbing.

“It can’t be true, it can’t be true!” She yelled out, more directly to herself and not me.

I ask, “What’s not true?”

“You and her; you can’t be in love with her!”

“You mean…Jongin?”

“Yes! Her! That Jongin—that girl whose song you obviously wrote for and used a lie to cover it up!” Her face twisted, almost bemused but she didn’t find anything about it funny. “Don’t think I didn’t catch it. I noticed right away.”

Krystal came up to me and tugged at my clothes, “Tell me you don’t like her. Tell me she is just some random girl from your past—a past you don’t even care to tell anyone!”

“Sorry, Krystal…”

“Sorry?” She shoved me again and fortunately I landed in the couch. Unfortunately, though, she crawled on top of me. “Do you have any idea how hard I’ve been working to build this perfect relationship? I’ve done everything you’ve told me to-- I even rejected overseas opportunities just to stay by your side! Is your career a joke to you? Is this relationship a joke?”

“What relationship?”

She shook her head confused, “What?”

“What relationship?” I repeated, “What perfect love-- what life do we even have together? Are we destined to be or something? Are you my soul mate? Am I yours to own?” I pushed her off me and stood over her, “You don’t even know me. You don’t know my way of thinking, what I like, what I hate, what I can’t stand! You don’t even know my real name. Krystal…shouldn’t that tell you something?”

Another knock.

“Who is it now?” I yelled out, trying to get some volu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter