It's Been A Hell Of A Ride

I Can't Seem To Figure You Out

A/N: Enjoy!


Nara's Pov.

It's crazy to say that a week has already passed since our little stay here at Busan. Much to say that the boys relocated to Daehyun's house and I stayed with Min. But we still had fun. I mean we're still here and all, so it's not too long until we leave for Seoul. Lately, I've been having a difficult time persuading Daehyun to come with me somewhere. It's not that he doesn't want to go, it's just that he feels like he's too pathetic to go. 

"Yah! Are you coming down or not?" Min yelled hard enough to startle me from my thoughts. "There's no need to yell, you impatient little girl" I retorted back, letting a small chuckle leave out of my mouth.

Hearing her sulk, I knew I got her irritated. Not too long after, I ran down the stairs and headed towards her. I found her tapping her short feet against the wooden door frame. "Alright, let's go" I told her. Min had something that I always admired about her. Her cheerfulness. It was like anyone could say anything and she wouldn't care. She'd just smile and say you, which made me laugh slightly at times.

"So what's the rush? Where are we headed?" I asked, trying to look for signs to where we were headed. "It's a surprise" she whispered. "It better not be anything too out of my style" I warned her while shooting her a glare. "Arraseo, Arraseo"

Just as we were headed to the bus station, a jet black van appeared before us. As the window slid down, I was greeted with one of Daehyun's eye smile.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him. "What? Are you not excited to see me?" he began to pout. Yeah I'm going out with someone who tends to act more like a little kid, sigh. But it was cute at times. 

"I want to take you out somewhere special so get in" he gestured as he opened the door for me. Min was also ordering me to go. Before I hopped on, one by one the boys began to exit. "Sorry" I apologized to them in behalf of Daehyun's sudden request. They just laughed softly, "It's alright, we're used to this already." 

"Yah!! Did I just see you guys greet each other with a kiss?" I asked Min who was looking at another direction while Himchan smirked at me.

"Yeah..apparently we're going out...since a while ago" he said while fetching for Min's hand and raising up to my eye level. How could she not tell me?

"Mianhe, I didn't want to tell you just yet. I wanted to wait until all the gloomy mood was over. I'll explain everything in detail so go ahead and enjoy yourself" she shot me a quick smile. I smiled knowing that I was right accusing her for having a crush on him. "Congrats!" I managed to yell before Daehyun drove off.

Settling myself inside the car, I began to play around with the radio station. "That little , she didn't tell me anything."

"She just didn't want you to feel weird if she was to tell you. I mean it would've been bad timing."

"Yeah, you're right."

"But still" I sighed.

Reverting back to the station, I began to play with it some more. "Why is it that I can't find my favorite station?" I questioned him will playing around with the buttons. "What station are you looking for?" he asked, his eyes still on the road. "Sukira" I replied. Just as I finished responding to him, sukira appeared. "Ah, found it!" I exclaimed. 

"You know.." Daehyun began to say. "You've gotten much brighter." I look at him puzzled at his sudden statement. "N-Not that you weren't bright. It's just that you always kept to yourself. But now, you seem much happier. I...like it" he smiled at me while my hand.

"Yeah..I noticed that myself as well. I guess..I'm beginning to go back to my old ways. It's all thanks to you" I told him while locking hands with him. He smiled as he knew it as well.

-

"Do you really have to blindfold me?" I tried to walk in what seemed like a field. "Yeah, sorry but if I didn't, you would've probably known right away" he replied. "Are we near?"

"Almost."

Just as I held his arm tighter, I soon felt the blindfold fall down my face. Looking around, it was a cemetery. And right where I was standing, was Hyun Woo's grave. It didn't take too long until I leaned down to the surface ever so lightly. "You took us here? But I thought you weren't ready?" I asked him looking up at him. 

"I decided since we were leaving, I wanted to make you happy by taking you here. I also...wanted to say a few words to him" he smiled rubbing the back of his neck. "Thank you", I dragged him down to where I was so that I could kiss him right by his cheek. 

"You know, he was the type to always keep things to himself as well. You knew just by looking at him, that he seemed lonely. I mean you should know" I said not trying to sound bitter. Daehyun automatically bowed his head down. "But he knew I was with him. He knew I would do anything to be with him. But he left. He left just like that. In some ways, I understand him. I really do. So I'm alright now. No hard feelings."

Daehyun watched as I tried to not have tears streamming down my pale cheeks. He felt guilty but then again, he felt relieved that I was able to release what I had bottled up inside of me. "That's why I promise to love you no matter" he declared, pulling me straight to an embrace. 

"Ah, wait. I want to say something to him. I-Is that ok?" he waited for my reply.

"Yeah, go ahead" I gestured him. As I saw him searching for something, he then took out a piece of paper that was hiding on the back of his pockets. "Ahem" he cleared his voice. Uncrumpling the paper he began to speak some words.

Annyeong, Hyun Woo. I know I somewhat added fuel to your wounds that were slowly trying to heal. You have no idea how much I hate myself for screwing things up. If I could trade places with you....I would. I would give you the chance to live again in order to be with Nara again. She's very special to the both of us right? But then again, I don't know if I would be able to live without her. Everyday, I just grew and still grow more in love with her. Even though she hates skinship and kissing in public, I know deep down she likes it. Haha, I'm kidding. I just wanted to say that from now on, I'll be protecting Nara. I'll love her, and cherish her very much. You don't need to worry anymore, so you can move on. Don't stress yourself too much up there, go to your mother. I bet she's waiting for you. I know you never meant to leave Nara alone. There's a reason why you left her here. You could've taken her with you but you chose not to. And I'm grateful for that. I truly am. So don't worry! I promise to be by her side and i'll make up for the times you missed with her. But while you're up there, please watch out for her when I'm not around. May your soul rest in peace, Hyun Woo.

 

Little did he know, that I was already in tears. The fact that he actually came up here to say such things made me happy. As I got up from my position, I headed towards him to give him a back hug. "Thank you, Daehyun. I'm sure he loved your little speech just now."

Daehyun grinned knowing the speech caused me to have a huge smile plastered on my face. 

"It'a been a hell of a ride making it this far. Everything was worthwhile. Our bickerings, our kisses, our confessions, our fights, everything. You'll always be my one and only" Daehyun tried to not sound corny. I gazed at his dark brown eyes, as he said, "I love you, Nara"

"I love you too" I pulled his shirt towards me, finally initiating the kiss. 

I smiled as I knew what was going through his mind right now.


A/N: I'm sooo sorry it took this long to update but I finally finshed my exams. Which means no school for me. Anyways, its finally come to an end. I'm sorry if it ended in a crappy way. I appreciate every one of you who subscribed to this story. I know it's lacking in some areas, but I hope to improve in the future. There will be more Daehyun Fanfics to come, so please wait for me then! xoxo, BeforeIFall