Stay

I Can't Seem To Figure You Out

 

A/N: Enjoy! Hope you had a Happy Valentine's Dae! {If you know what I mean :)}


 

 

 

Author's Pov.

"Yah! Did you seriously fall asleep on me?" asked Daehyun while breaking the kiss. Nara was soundly asleep, leaning against his broad chest. "And here I thought you wanted to be kissed so badly" Daehyun went on. He then looked out of the roof and noticed that Nara's car was gone. He came to a conclusion that their parents had left the party without them.

"Aish, I didn't really think they would leave. Alright then, let's go Nara" said Daehyun while picking her up bridal style. Placing her in the passengers seat, he began to buckle her up. "Yah! Quit moving around too much" whined Daehyun. Moving towards the driver's seat, he began to start the engine.

"Damn, I don't know where you live, Nara. It seems like I'll have to take you to my place."

Driving up to his house, Daehyun noticed that the lights in his house were still off. They must have crashed at Nara's house. Picking Nara up, he began to walk towards the door. Struggling to find his keys, he began to fidget around. Not realizing that the mailbox was too near him, he accidentally banged Nara's head against it. Groaning in pain, Daehyun started to apologize but later on broke into laughter.

Finally reaching towards the living room, Daehyun settled Nara on the couch. "What a day" yawned Daehyun while fetching himself a bottle of water. Without realizing that Nara was standing behind him, he soon let out a scream. "Are you trying to kill me" yelled Daehyun while holding his heart.

"Where am I?" Nara asked while glaring at Daehyun.

Seeing that Daehyun's shirt was ed halfway, her eyes showed a hint of panic. "Come near me and I'll rip your head off" warned Nara. Daehyun then began to laugh, "Is this what I get for bringing you back to safety."

"What are you talking about?" asked Nara. 

"You got drunk and our parents left us, so I thought to drive you back home but since I didn't know where you lived, I decided to take you back to my house. I figured my parents crashed at your place since they didn't arrive here yet."

"Ah...that explains why I have a headache" said Nara, holding her head. "Yeah it's all the liquors fault" replied Daehyun, feeling a bit guilty. "You can sleep on my bed for the night" suggested Daehyun. "...Thanks....do you mind lending me some clothes?"

"Oh...not at all. Let me show you the way to the room." Picking a worn out t-shirt and sweats, Daehyun embarrassingly gave it to her. "Thanks...I'll be changing now" responded Nara.

"Well then goodnight" chimed Daehyun. "Wait! I didn't do anything stupid while I was drunk right?" asked Nara nervously. "Try to remember" smirked Daehyun.

"Aissh, why do I bother. Goodnight."

Later that night, Nara seemed to be unable to sleep. It might've been because she was sleeping in Daehyun's bed or the fact that her head was still in pain. "I can't seem to sleep" whispered Nara to herself.

After reaching for a drink of water she then noticed that a night light was on. Ha...so he acts all tough but turns out he needs a night light to sleep. She then began to walk towards the light, once she got to it, she turned it off. As she was leaving she happened to pass by Daehyun. Observing his features, she began to smile to herself. For once, he looks sweet. Knowing that he was still asleep, she decided to take it as an opportunity to thank him.

"I'm sorry that I haven't thanked you properly but it's because I know I wouldn't be able to stand all the teasing from you. Even though I don't show it, I'm thankful for your presence. If it wasn't for you that day, I don't think I'll even be here right now. My parents are really thankful for that as well, I'm sure you know that. I think somewhere between our talks and fights, I slowly began to fall for you, Daehyun. From a stranger to someone I can't stop thinking about, that's who you have become. I'm glad you're the type to stay and fight your way into someones heart. I like how everytime we talked, even for a few minutes, I was able to forget that I wasn't ok. Every time a guy would confess to me and I'd reject them, they wouldn't even bother to fight for me. But you did, so thank you. Please don't expect me to be good, kind and loving, there will be times when I will be cold and thoughtless and hard to understand. I just want to thank you, not for just being in my life and for sticking around, but for reminding me that even broken things can be loved."

Releasing everything she had wanted to say, she decided to take her leave, "See you tomorrow" she whispered to him. All of a sudden something caught her wrist, it was Daehyun.

"Don't go..stay" pleaded Daehyun.

"Did...did you hear what I just said? asked Nara.

Pulling her down to the couch with him, he answered "Yes."