You've Come Too Far

I Can't Seem To Figure You Out

 

Author's Note: I might double update today since I've been absent for almost a week, I mean that's the least thing you guys deserve! So stay tuned. Credits to monochromeLIGHT for the video. Hope you enjoy the chapter!


 

 

 

 

Daehyun's Pov.

Where could she have gone? Did I perhaps make her feel some type of way? Was I the cause to make her not come back? ... Even though I've been annoying her for the past few weeks, I felt deep down, we were becoming friends. Although, she says she dislikes me, I know she doesn't mean it. 

What are you doing Daehyun? This isn't the time to be thinking! Hurry up and find her!

Walking past the park Nara and I went, a few hours ago, I saw a shadow sitting on top of the balcony ledge, near the river. That seems dangerous. It looked as though the figure was rocking back and forth, like it was deciding whether to jump off or not. Should I tell someone?

 All of a sudden the wind blew strongly, which made me shiver inside my jacket. It seemed to have made the figures hair fly from it's face, looking closely it was in fact Nara sitting at the ledge, crying. What in the world is she doing? 

Moments later, I saw her fall into the river.

"Nara!!!"

 

Next thing I knew, I was dragging her towards the open field. 

"Wake up Nara! Please wake up!" I cried out, shaking her fragile body. I didn't realize that people were surrounding us, trying to assist me. "Can someone please call the ambulance?" I yelled, looking at everyone in the crowd.

A middle aged man then responded "Don't worry young man, their on their way."

Soon after, two paramedics were headed our way. They carefully picked Nara up and placed her on top of a gurney. They then rolled her inside the ambulance. I immediately got on the car and sat next to her while holding her hand. "Everything will be ok" I gently whispered to her.

Author's Pov.

"Please tell me she's ok?" begged Min.

"I don't know yet, but please contact her parents. I'll take care of her before you all come, so don't worry." Daehyun reassured her, while trying to sound positive. "Thanks so much Daehyun, I'll talk to you in a few." 

"Kim Nara's parents?" asked the doctor, while searching through the waiting room. "It's me!" said Daehyun, jumping out of his seat. "I mean...I'm obviously not her father, but I'm her close friend." I'm sorry for lying Lord but if I don't lie this doctor might not tell me anything. Daehyun said to himself. 

"Her parents are headed over here though."

"I see, well everything's fine, she just passed out because of the water she inhaled. She'll probably wake up in a few hours and be discharged in the morning, so there's no need to worry. Miss Kim Nara is located in Room 301 if you want to see her. I've seen her medical records and it seems like she's still suffering."

As Daehyun stood outside her door, Nara was visibly seen through the clear glass. 

She seems so pale and lifeless, daehyun thought to himself. You came off as strong but who knows if you actually fell asleep crying. You act like nothing is wrong, but maybe you were good at lying. It must have been hard to cope with the loss of a loved one. You've come too far acting tough, Nara. It's time you focus on your feelings.

The doctor's statement kept repeating in Daehyun's head. "I've seen her medical records and it seems like she's still suffering. The fact that she was very young when she lost her boyfriend may have played a role on her actions today. Overcoming the death of someone is pretty difficult but I'd suggest as her friend or family memeber, you all should show her your love. That's all I can say as of now."

"Where is she?" a lady exclaimed, running towards Daehyun. As he figured that it could be Nara's mother, he waved her over to where he was and led her to the room. "Are you the one that saved her? Thank you so much!" she cried, holding onto his arm. "No problem" he smiled at her.

Soon after Min and Nara's father found their way to the third floor, they both ran to her room.

As Daehyun was slowly dozing off, a tap was felt on his shoulder. While looking up, Nara's father was seen offering him some water. "Thank you." said Daehyun.

"Thank you for everything, Daehyun. If it wasn't for you who knows what could have happened." 

"No need to thank me sir. Let's just be glad she's fine." 

"Go get some rest, you must be tired. We'll take it from here, so go on. Your parents must be worrying about you. You can come visit her tomorrow, I'm sure she'd be happy to see you."

"...Thank you, please watch over her and have some rest as well."

Afterwards, Daehyun left and headed home.