I'm Sorry

I Can't Seem To Figure You Out

 

A/N: Hope you enjoy!


 

Nara's Pov.

A day has passed since that incident. Daehyun has been in a state of frenzy. The guy's presence has provoked him to become more self alert and protective towards me. He explained that the so called guy used to be a friend but their relationship went rock bottom. It was more like he was planning out what to say, right there and then. Even though he told me that, that was all. I couldn't seem to feel satisfied with his answer.

I'm not those type of girls that pester their boyfriends about things over and over again. I mean who would like that, but I feel that he should at least tell me the truth. Isn't that what a relationship is for, to trust each other no matter what?

It's been a pretty boring saturday so far. Daehyun and I were planning to go on a date today but he said something urgent came up. On the other hand, Min has been acting rather suspicious lately. She also said she was busy today and wouldn't be home until late at night.

Rather than focusing on the television, I just couldn't seem to forget about that rude bastard that poured water on top of my head. After that incident, Daehyun kept on drying my hair and apologized for not defending me. I knew he didn't want to see me hurt which made him not do so. Running out of things to do at home, I decided to take a walk to the nearby market. Strolling down the empty streets seemed very lonesome. I've gotten used to it but after having Daehyun enter my life, everything changed. The lonely and sad thoughts that kept haunting my mind no longer seemed to bother me.

Entering the small, crowded market, I made my way to the milk section. There was never a time where I wouldn't purchase some banana milks. They have become an addiction since I was six. After laying down my items on the counter, the ahjussi that was taking care of my purchases gave me an unexpected smile which confused me but I smiled back anyway.

Walking towards the exit sign and fetching for my milk, I noticed something strange. I happened to find an extra milk inserted inside my bag. Ahh that could explain why he was smiling. It was very sweet of him to do so, I heard rumors saying that he too lost his wife not too long ago. My situation that happened weeks ago spread onto my neighborhood, fortunately they were all supporting and understanding. That might've been the reason why he did what he did just now.

It was getting pretty dark and all I've been doing was taking my time walking back home. It was something I enjoyed doing actually. Sipping and enjoying myself, I suddenly began to hear loud footsteps approaching me. Maybe I was being paranoid but anyone in my situation would start getting nervous. As I tried to fasten my footsteps, the one behind me was also hurrying as well.

, what do I do? As I crossed the street to test out if the person was following me, seconds later it did the same thing. I began to panic and start running, my luck has been pretty bad lately since no one was seen. Everywhere I looked there was no one in sight. Panicking and running into a solitary place, I happened to come across a dead end. ! Reaching for my cellphone, I began to dial Daehyun's number. Please answer!

Suddenly someone ran towards me, without any thought I began to scream for help. "Please, someone help me!" I yelled with all my might. My mouth was then covered by some rough hands and I unknowingly dropped my phone.

My eyes widened as the figure was now seen thanks to the dim lights from the light post. "You?!" Coming closer, he began to laugh, "Geez, did you have to run that much?"

"Just who are you?" I asked in disbelief.

"Kim Yukwon" he whispered into my ear. "Why do you keep pestering Daehyun and I!? Are you still worked up about the fight that happened between the two of you?" I responded, trying to keep a strong front. He began to laugh, as if what I said was so funny, "What?"

"What kind of lie did he come up with now? Did he seriously tell you we argued and that we fell apart?" he chuckled.   

"Yoboseyo?" We heard Daehyun's voice coming from my cellphone that was lying on the floor. Once I went to reach it, he smirked and got it before I could even bend down.

"Daehyun?" he spoke.

"Yukwon?"

"What? Surprised to hear me?"

"Please let her go! Don't do anything to her, I beg you. It's between the both of us, there's no need for Nara to be a part of this" begged Daehyun. Fear was heard in his voice as he went on. "You seriously think, everything will be ok? he began to yell. You're going to tell her Daehyun? Right now!" he exclaimed through the phone. He then grabbed my wrist and pulled my head closer to the phone. "Oww" I complained in pain. 

"Go on, she's all ears now!" he began to laugh again.

"I'm sorry Nara, I'm very sorry. I didn't want you to find out the type of guy I used to be." but two years ago, I took advantage of an innocent girl and ruined her life. I took something from her that could never be given back. It was something that I had no right to, but I corrupted her with my ways. I never knew, I'd affect her with the stupid decision I made. I've been wanting to tell you but I was afraid the image you had of me would be shattered. I'm sorry, Nara. I'm sorry for disappointing you."


A/N: Since I now revealed Daehyun's past friend, he will now be added to the forward. Do look forward for another update tomorrow. :)