Seven

Marriage in Disguise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

JI HYO

 

The next morning I went down all dress up, I headed straight to the dining hall. It was so unlikely me to eat during breakfast but I felt very hungry and eating in the morning won't harm me.

I sat on my usual seat and started munching my own food. My eyes focused on it. I heard them talking to each other but I was so engrossed with my own thoughts to engage myself talking with them.

"Ji hyo?" I heard my mom. I choked on my own food and bobbed my head towards her and waited for her to continue speaking. "I confiscated your car keys."

My eyes automatically widen. "What? Why?" So that's why I can't find my car keys on my drawer.

"No more going somewhere for two weeks."

"Mom! How can I go to school then?" I said sardonically.

"It's up to you. Whether you take the bus or.." I love my mom, really, but right now I'm hating her. I finally cave in and raised my hand for resignation and left the house, heading to the bus stop.

I started gushing about my mom being unfair and unreasonable taking my car, as I wait at the bus stop. I relived from my reverie when I heard someone honk their horn. The car stopped in front of me and rolled down the car window. I steal a glance at the driver. "Hop in." I heard him say.

I looked away waiting for a bus to arrive. It's hopeless. The universe is not on my side. I opened the car door and rolled my eyes. "Don't expect me to say thank you." I said bluntly and put my ear phones on, giving him the sign that I don't want to converse with him.

As we arrive at the school vicinity, waiting for him to park his car. I immediately went outside his car and merely looked at him as he went outside, too. I ran towards Ji min's direction and linked arms with her. "Why were you..." She trailed and pointed towards his direction.

"I had no choice, there's no bus arriving at the bus stop and mom confiscated my car keys." I said annoyingly. I want to rant about mom being unfair but I just kept it to myself because I know Ji min will take side with my mom. I sighed heavily knowing my defeat at home and at school.

 

 

 

 

Time went on as I finally went to my last subject for today. I sat near the window and started jotting down notes of whatever my teacher is saying.

"I'm reminding you of the house plan and miniture project that should be submitted next week." Mr. Jung said, and almost everyone started to complain, including me. I haven't done the miniture, sure I'm done with the house plan but it will take time doing the miniture alone.

"Sir, please extend the deadline." One of my classmate almost pleaded and, of course, everyone agreed.

"No extension, unless.. You want an early submission?" He answered mockingly. Everyone went quiet and dumbfounded. No one answered. "Okay, next week then." He said and dismissed us earlier than usual.

As I got out of the room, I went straight to the lobby to meet Ji min. We decided to grab some smoothies at the nearest ice cream shop, as I approached her I saw her talking to someone. "Ji min." I exclaimed. She turned around facing me, including the person she's talking to. "...chun." I almost whispered.

"Hey." I heard him say and raised his right hand.

I took the initiative to ask him to go with us, I don't want to make him feel that I was avoiding him. He declined me because his Mom had asked him to accompany to go shopping. After that we bid our goodbyes and went off.

"I didn't think you'll ask him." Ji min said as we enter the ice cream shop.

"I don't want to be awkward with him." I simply said. We took our order and took a seat near the window.

"Why don't you just let him?" She asked.

"You know I can't." I shrugged.

"I'm sure he's changed."

"I'm... Not convinced." I said with a cocky face. "Min, let's drop the topic." I said and sighed heavily.

"Then let's talk about Joonmyeon, then." She retorted with a mocking face.

"I.. I'm confused Min." I stutter, she looked at me and I continued speaking. "He told me he'll make it up to me."

"Make up what?"

"I don't know either." I answered honestly. Last night I keep on thinking what he meant. "But you know what, he's really acting weird."

"Good weird or bad weird?"

"Good weird? Last night, I was scolded by my Mom but he withstand with me and reasoned out for me. He even let me to ride his car. Last time I asked him if I can ride with him, he declined me. But, what's up with him now? I'm confused." I ranted.

She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter