Sixteen

Marriage in Disguise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

AUTHOR

 

The ring from the door bell was audibly heard. Jimin and Chanyeol looked at the door’s direction. Chanyeol immediately stands up and bent to tell Jimin that he’ll leave the two together. Ji hyo approached the table and eyed Chanyeol curiously. When he was about to go Ji hyo spoke.

“Since you’re already here, just stay.” She muttered plainly and sat across Jimin.

“What’s with the smug face?” Jimin questioned.

“It’s Joonmyeon.” Ji hyo started, going straight to the point. She told them the way she was called fake and a  by Joonmyeon. Chanyeol stared dumbfounded, not knowing the real deal why they’re at the mall together. Right! Aside from Ji hyo and Joonmyeon’s family. Only her friend, Jimin, know about their family situation. Chanyeol didn’t even bother to involved himself with their conversation; he was just there to listen.

“You know me well, I’m not fake! Ugh! Jimin-ah! This is irritating. He’s irritating.” Ji hyo exclaimed in exasperation. Jimin didn’t utter any single word. She can’t think of any to comfort her friend, the least thing she can do is to listen.

“Ji hyo-ssi, maybe Joonmyeon hyung didn’t mean what he said. That guy always says things without even thinking.” Chanyeol reasoned. Ji hyo looked at him, thinking of what he said.

“Nevertheless, I hate it that he called me fake. It’s not my fault I got irritated with those sales attendant drooling faces. Ew. Desperation calls.” Ji hyo retorted.

Jimin shifted closer to Chanyeol and murmured. “The truth is Ji hyo hate it when girls drool over some random guys. Because it makes her, as a girl, feel degraded.” Chanyeol nod in understanding.

“By the way,” Ji hyo eyed the two suspiciously. “Why are you two together? Hmm?” She asked knowingly. Jimin looked away and blushed while Chanyeol just kept his mouth shut, not wanting to draw unwanted suspicions.

“Yah! Are you hitting with my friend?”

 

 

 

After Ji hyo left, Joonmyeon roamed around the mall not wanting to go home, yet. He thought if he gone beyond the line, again. The truth is, Joonmyeon felt guilty calling her fake. It was very unnecessary, knowing she had a good reason why she did that. Words just came out of his mouth uncontrollably. He was walking at the side of the lady’s dress shop when he remembered that she still haven’t bought any dress for their graduation. He entered the shop and asked for the sales attendant, a male attendant but a gay one. He scanned through racks of dresses, he grab it and rose, examining if it will look good on her. She’s pretty gorgeous, anyway. He thought. He handed it to the sales attendant and paid the dress.

While he was on his way to the parking lot, he saw them again. Why does he have to see them at two consecutive days? Haeri and her boyfriend. He walked casually and tried to ignore them when he suddenly heard his name being called. He turned around and looked at them.

“Joonmyeon, you alone? Want to grab some coffee with us?” Haeri ran towards his direction, her boyfriend, Tae hyung trailing behind.

“Maybe next time? I’m really in a hurry right now.” He lied.

Haeri looked at him from head to toe. “You don’t seem like.” She said cockily.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter