Twelve

Marriage in Disguise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

JI HYO

 

I never thought that Joonmyeon has this side of being hateful towards his father.

 

I didn't know how it happened but we just, somehow, opened up about our own opinion regarding our parents-getting married. I remembered that his face was so blank, he had this poker-face expression.

 

"So.. What can you say about our parents getting married?" He asked me and sat beside me, actually I hate the smell of the smoke because, hello, I'm feeling suffocated, but I didn't want to ruin the atmosphere so I just stayed calm.

 

"I guess, it's okay. As long as my mom's happy." I said and looked up at the stars on the sky. "You?"

 

"I don't now. I actually don't care." He answered bluntly. There's something in me that wanted to ask why is he being so hateful. I guessed I thought aloud. "Because, I despised him."

 

"Why?" I blurted and stared at him.

 

"Because after they left me."

 

"They?" I asked, confused.

 

"Yeah, mom and dad, they left me for three years and I lived alone in this house without feeling the true meaning of family and then he came back with a baby, Sulli." He explained.

 

"I don't think there's something to hate about." I said.

 

"You don't get it, don't you?" He asked and I just shrugged. "He became authoritative about my life, that was when he said that he caught Mom with another guy so he decided to go back here with my sister." He said. "At some point, I envied Sulli because she got the chance to be with Mom, while I'm here, expecting nothing. But she was still a baby then, I guess she doesn't remember a thing."

 

 

I want to keep our conversation going but I don't know how. I sighed.

 

"What's with the sigh?" He asked and looked at me.

 

"I just.. I don't understand. I mean, you're father must be pressured that time because he took over the whole responsibility that was supposed to be done with your Mom's help. Why are you being so vicious, it's obvious that he just wanted to protect you because.." I paused and looked at him. His face contorted, okay. Here I am again being all-knowing. "Sorry, for being tactless. I didn't mean to." I shrugged and hung my head low, fiddling my feet.

 

"That was what I thought back then, I tried to understand. But because of Dad, I lost her." He said, I felt relieved that I didn't pushed his button and got him angry. "I learned how to live my life, to enjoy it with her but, Dad, why does he have to get in the way and ruin everything? It was her, who helped me..." I lost my focus while he continue to blab some things, maybe he's talking about his Mother? Wait, no. Maybe, about his girlfriend? I don't think so.

 

"..then Dad asked her to leave me alone." He ended.

 

 

I don't want to tell every thing what we talked about,  but here's a thing, he learned to smoke and to drink when they we're still together. Then, it became his habit.

 

We entered the house when he saw me shivering under my robe.

 

 

 

Few more days and I'll be marchin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter