Seventeen

Marriage in Disguise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

JI HYO

 

It has been two days since my graduation. Two days without going out of my room. Two days of stuffing my mouth with junk foods and sodas. Two days and I don’t know what’s happening behind these walls that’s surrounding me, and it’s been two freaking days since my encounter with my Dad.

That day, he asked me if I was free-he wanted to celebrate my success for graduating. I never think twice because I’ve been longing to see my father and I wanted to ask so many things that only he can answer. We went to Hongdae and ate at my favourite restaurant. I remembered when I was still young, my parents would always bring me there and always teases me that I was a spoiled brat  but they always tell me that  I am their precious little princess, so nevertheless they still pamper me.

Our dinner was spent catching up. I tried to open the thing about our Family but he doesn’t seem to care and always changes the topic by asking me my future plans or do I have a boyfriend and all the necessary thing a father should know to feed his knowledge of me. I grew frustrated and never tried to ask him about it. Dad was being so funny and caring. He kept on making fun of me and then switched his mood to a serious one to remind me of the serious things that will happen in the future. As usual my dad cracks a joke from time to time and I just realized that I didn’t hate him nor I would ever hate him. The feeling I felt before was just a complete disappointment for not knowing the reason why he left.

Before my  Dad drop me off to the Kim’s, he keeps on blabbing things like I’m skinnier than an stick and should eat more, I shrugged and told him that it was the new trend. He told me he was more than proud because I graduated. I got off the car and Dad also. I stared at him trying to hold back my tears, we just got reunited and now we needed to part ways. I hugged my Dad ever so tightly, and bawled, I cannot hold it anymore. My dad tapped my back soothingly.

 

“Ah. My princess is all grown up now but still cries like a baby.” He tucked my hair behind my ear. “I promise you that this will all be worth it. Just wait for Daddy, okay?” he said and let go. I swept off the tears from the crook of my eyes and smiled weakly at my dad, I nodded. “Take Care. Call me if you need Me.” he ruffled my hair and left. I stand there at the same spot and watched my father leave.

 

Up until now I don’t understand what the meaning behind those words is. I groaned and shot up straight. The sun is already setting and even a single clue I didn’t think of any. I heard a loud pang from outside my balcony, I went out of the bed and opened the sliding door to my balcony, I gasped at the sight. Chunji was holding at the railing, hanging. He smiled awkwardly at me. “Help?” he said unsurely. I walked towards him and reached for his right arm, I muster all the strength I could and pulled him at my balcony. We stumbled back, and for a few minutes we stayed silent and  focused on catching our breaths.

“Hyung told me that you haven’t gone out since the day of your graduation.” He started. “Is.. there.. something wrong?” He asked. I looked at him and pursed my lips into thin line. “If you aren’t ready to tell me I could wait.” I leaned my head to his shoulder and propped up my knees, hugging them. “This is relaxing and comforting. I could stay in this position all day.” He said and I smiled secretly. We stayed like that quite some time.

“Oh! I almost forgot to give you this.” He said I tilted my head and saw him fishing out something from his pants’ pocket. He handed me a small box and I willingly took it. I saw a couple’s bracelet and saw the lock’s design. An infinity sign. I smiled at his gift but soon frown when I realized that it was for couples.

“Chun, I can-“ he cut  me off. Maybe he sensed that I was about to reject it.

“Sshh. I told you I could wait, didn’t it?” he inquired and flashed me a comforting smile. He g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter